Paladin specs galore

Re: Paladin specs galore

by atligud » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:35 pm

I sure hope people aren't PvP healing in a dress :lol:
atligud
Tester

by Kasen » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:50 pm

Here is my current spec 25/26/0, which is extremely versatile - Holy Reckadin of the Sanctuary :D
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sE0urxkZVGuhczx
Firstly, you can still heal a lot, because core talents like Illumination, Healing Light and Divine Favor are present.
In case the raid leader is still not happy - you can throw the Blessing of the Sanctuary in his face, solidly justifying your raid spot.
Secondly, the prot tree talents such as Redoubt, Toughness and Improved Righteous Fury allow you to tank 5 mans, however, a more or less solid healer is needed.
At last but not least - PvP. Yes, the infamous Reckoning is here :) + Guardian Favor and Improved HoJ sweeten the whole deal.

All in all, there main idea is going up to Divine Favor in Holy Tree and Blessing of the Sanctuary + Reckbomb in prot. Once you reach those talents there are still some points left for you to play around and put them where you like.
Kasen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by stif » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:46 pm

Theloras wrote:
stif wrote:
TheFishyOne wrote:PvP Healadin (with help from Theloras) - http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxurgotVMt0I

why aticipation insted of shield specialization ? just curious

if you are stacking healing gear only (aka wearing a dress), you won't have any STR to boost your shield block to begin with - id rather have more dodge/parry from the def than being able to block hardly anything at all to begin with.

if u use PvP set or T1 you can go for extra shield block however - either way you have to spend your points on something to get Imp HoJ

tnx for the reply i feel smarter now :D
stif
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Melomaniacal » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:23 pm

What's everyone's opinion on a 31/0/20 build? Something like this:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sExu0xotZVf0tr

My goal is to mainly be a solid PvP support hybrid. Basically, I envision myself staying on the backline, healing/cleansing/buffing until I get targeted, where I can hopefully pull out some decent damage, some burst from holy shock, and hold my own. Probably have to swap from 1h to 2h once I switch to an offensive role. Is this viable?

I see most people going for 31/20/0, but I just don't see how BoK, faster HoJ and better block outweighs SoC, more crit, faster run speed and judgments, and eye for an eye.
Melomaniacal
Tester

by InFecTek » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:27 pm

Hello guys! I'm new to WoW and also new to Paladin spec! I'm kinda interested for Reckoning Pala!
So the questions are:
*1H weap and Shield or 2H weap?
*Best Seal/Blessing/Aura to play with?
*Stats to prioritize? (e.x. Str,Stam,Agi?)
*Tips to play

Also i would love to have some general tips:
*What is the best PvP Paladin spec? (Most DPS)
*Best PvE (Healer right? :P)

Thanks in advance to everyone who willing to answer me! Feel free to post links of vids and talents!

~GL & HF~
InFecTek
Tester

by Avise » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:20 am

my holy pve and pvp spec, savin dem bucks. fuck spellcrit, most overrated stat for palas

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/paladin?build=55503100501000053241000330500000000000000000
It is hard to win an argument with a smart person.
It is impossible to win an argument with an idiot.
Avise
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by trorsmang » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:41 pm

I will probably get flamed for this but gonna say my opinion anyways... Pure holy paladins really leave something to be desired and actually lack quite a bit of utility in pvp and BG's. They become heal/dispell bots and thats all they are good for. The best spec to go for as a support paladin in pvp and bgs is holy reckadin. At least holy priests can do decent dps with smite, holy nova, pain dot if they got some spell power gear instead of just pure healing gear.

Most pvp fights are fast paced and dont last long. You dont need a massive mana pool and you don't need huge amounts of +healing power. Usually one or two well timed and well placed heals will save a fight if your cc classes are doing their job. You do a lot more dispelling than healing in pvp from my experience. The best part about being holy reckoning spec is that you can still provide some surprise burst dps and finish off low hp unsuspecting horde or help burst the EFC with a reckbomb. And you get to /lol at rogues and fury wars beating themselves down on your ret aura/blessing of sanctuary/holy shield while they stand in your consecration. There's a whole lot more utility and you can better stand your ground 1v1 against horde than as a pure healer yet still fill in as a very effective support role.

NOTE : THIS IS FOR PVP ONLY.
trorsmang
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Avise » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:53 pm

trorsmang wrote:I will probably get flamed for this but gonna say my opinion anyways... Pure holy paladins really leave something to be desired and actually lack quite a bit of utility in pvp and BG's. They become heal/dispell bots and thats all they are good for. The best spec to go for as a support paladin in pvp and bgs is holy reckadin. At least holy priests can do decent dps with smite, holy nova, pain dot if they got some spell power gear instead of just pure healing gear.

Most pvp fights are fast paced and dont last long. You dont need a massive mana pool and you don't need huge amounts of +healing power. Usually one or two well timed and well placed heals will save a fight if your cc classes are doing their job. You do a lot more dispelling than healing in pvp from my experience. The best part about being holy reckoning spec is that you can still provide some surprise burst dps and finish off low hp unsuspecting horde or help burst the EFC with a reckbomb. And you get to /lol at rogues and fury wars beating themselves down on your ret aura/blessing of sanctuary/holy shield while they stand in your consecration. There's a whole lot more utility and you can better stand your ground 1v1 against horde than as a pure healer yet still fill in as a very effective support role.

NOTE : THIS IS FOR PVP ONLY.

Exactly what I've been doing since forever, and that's the spec I posted above you.
It is hard to win an argument with a smart person.
It is impossible to win an argument with an idiot.
Avise
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Danborg » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Looking for recommended spec for PVE Paladin, non-raider, solo questing play style or 5 man only.

I'd like to be able to dispatch mobs efficiently for questing / gathering, with good survivability. I'm not worried about being "fast" or having top dps. I'd like to be able to do 5 mans as healer or utility role.

I'm leaning towards Holy/Prot, but I'm willing to be reasoned with. ;-)
Danborg
Tester

by smilkovpetko » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Theloras wrote:
stif wrote:
TheFishyOne wrote:PvP Healadin (with help from Theloras) - http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxurgotVMt0I

why aticipation insted of shield specialization ? just curious

if you are stacking healing gear only (aka wearing a dress), you won't have any STR to boost your shield block to begin with - id rather have more dodge/parry from the def than being able to block hardly anything at all to begin with.

if u use PvP set or T1 you can go for extra shield block however - either way you have to spend your points on something to get Imp HoJ

Theo i will counter you here :

6% def = 0.90% extra avoidance (all stats together) .

meanwhile 30% of shield specialization increases the damage from "shield" block too , and this is more efficient.

(you will at least block extra 30-50 damage) with the shield you are using ofc depend on the shield which is equal to 2x sanctuary or 1x blessing of sacrifice.

Str won't give so much block from the talent i agree , but the shield itself you would use will increase by huge compare to 0.90% avoidance.

30% shield spec is much better than anticipation
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin