Holy Paladin best in slot pre-raid gear

Holy Paladin best in slot pre-raid gear

by Karik » Fri May 29, 2015 3:47 pm

This is a list of the best items for a Holy Paladin outside of raids. This list was based on one compiled by JCarrill0 in this topic and posted here with his permission.

Image Head slot

Image Neck slot

Image Shoulder slot

Image Chest slot

Image Waist slot

Image Legs slot

Image Feet slot

Image Wrist slot

Image Hands slot

Image Finger slot

Image Trinkets slot

Image Back slot

Image Main Hand slot

Image Offhand slot

Image Relic slot - none currently obtainable
Last edited by Karik on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
Karik
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Holy Paladin best in slot pre-raid gear

by Karik » Fri May 29, 2015 3:48 pm

I'll update the list once Dire Maul is released (should be any second now). Please let me know what items you think should be added to the runner-up positions or if any links aren't working.

Thanks!
Karik
Grunt
Grunt

by holkan » Sun May 31, 2015 2:20 am

A lot of the gear you have listed isn't implemented yet such as the brd shoulders or ramstein neck. Also that runner up trinket you have listed is a priest only quest that isnt in yet either.
holkan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Karik » Sun May 31, 2015 5:10 am

holkan wrote:A lot of the gear you have listed isn't implemented yet such as the brd shoulders or ramstein neck. Also that runner up trinket you have listed is a priest only quest that isnt in yet either.

I've removed the trinket. Good catch.

Can anyone confirm the other items mentioned aren't implemented?
Karik
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Great post.
I can suggested other items of value. I wanted to add, we cant get librams yet either. Content patch prevents it, so the ONLY item we can get at the moment is Egan's blaster (quest item) that removes the citizens in stratholme. us old school paladins used it for Luck!
Also.. DM is now out!

Additional items (back ups)
Helm:
Neck:
Shoulders:
Chest:
Hands:
Waist:
Legs:
Feet:
Rings:
Trinkets:
Main Hand:
Offhand:
Shields:
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Karik » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Thanks again JCarrill0. This post would not have been possible without your help. Once I hit 60, I'll be able to make sure all these are obtainable myself.
Karik
Grunt
Grunt

by Grimex » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:57 am

Hey, sorry it the question is innapropriate, but I remember starting to play WoW at the end of patch 1.7.1, begging of 1.8 and being quite the noob at that time :lol: , I wasn't really up to date with the BiS gear and all that at that time, but wasn't lightforge intended to be like the "best/appropriate" pre-raid gear? :)
Would like to start playing here, miss the old paladin of old and really want to be prepared for when I do. :D
Grimex
Tester

by Theloras » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:52 am

Grimex wrote:Hey, sorry it the question is innapropriate, but I remember starting to play WoW at the end of patch 1.7.1, begging of 1.8 and being quite the noob at that time :lol: , I wasn't really up to date with the BiS gear and all that at that time, but wasn't lightforge intended to be like the "best/appropriate" pre-raid gear? :)
Would like to start playing here, miss the old paladin of old and really want to be prepared for when I do. :D

Lightforge is/was a hybrid based tier set with smatterings of all stats - for pure/straight healing and nothing but it is lacklustre in comparison.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by callex » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:08 am

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11904

thats the best off hand until the stats get changed. it currently gives -25 mana cost on all spells cast.
callex
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Grimex wrote:Hey, sorry it the question is innapropriate, but I remember starting to play WoW at the end of patch 1.7.1, begging of 1.8 and being quite the noob at that time :lol: , I wasn't really up to date with the BiS gear and all that at that time, but wasn't lightforge intended to be like the "best/appropriate" pre-raid gear? :)

itemization wasn't it's best in Vanilla by any means. Lightforge was a perfect example. It's ok for ret, Not good for prot, nor holy. For ret, I didn't even use the full set for ret. I'm pretty sure before i got my r10 for pvp I had already replaced most of my d1 before the d2 quest was out. Not to mention r10 was better then d2.

callex wrote:http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11904

that's the best off hand until the stats get changed. it currently gives -25 mana cost on all spells cast.

I always chose Link's sword but i was just a newb zelda fan :P
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Paladin