Holy Paladin best in slot pre-raid gear

Re: Holy Paladin best in slot pre-raid gear

by Karik » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:38 pm

Updated the list now that DM is finally out. Happy farming, dudes.
Karik
Grunt
Grunt

by PriestInOurTime » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:38 pm

Any chance you could include the statweights you are using to determine the BiS list?
Pristine realms... Industrial levels of stupidity.
PriestInOurTime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:25 pm

PriestInOurTime wrote:Any chance you could include the statweights you are using to determine the BiS list?

The guide is based off the links I provided in another Post, I removed the post and the statsweights in order to give this Thread a read instead of having 2 guides.

If they want to redo that great, but while the Server is using "pre-1.12" content, my original statweights are not current with this servers current content patch.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Karik » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:01 pm

PriestInOurTime wrote:Any chance you could include the statweights you are using to determine the BiS list?

The post is a bit of a mess at the moment. I'm working on a revamp and will update in a day or two.

The stat values are these:
1 Int = 1 +Heal
1 Crit = 12 +Heal
1 mp5s = 3 +Heal
source

I'll change the original post to reflect this. Keep in mind, as JCarrill0 pointed out, Nostalrius is running an older version than 1.12.1 right now. Vanilla guides are typically made for 1.12.1
Karik
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Karik wrote:The stat values are these:
1 Int = 1 +Heal
1 Crit = 12 +Heal
1 mp5s = 3 +Heal
source

Keep this also in mind:
Wlad wrote:My guide makes assumptions, based on what is the most mentioned reply to the answer. From this I derive that 1 Heal equals more or less one Intellect, which is a steady value almost through the entire gear progression. But the question still stands if the classic mechanic is correctly. I made tests myself and what I found out can be found here:

Linked removed

If my findings are correct, we do not scale with int in terms of crit right now, making Int a not entirely worthless stat, but worth about only 0,5 +Heal, making the int consumables underperforming to the point where I don't use them anymore.

The link is removed by me because it links to a bug tracker for another server. Nost has it's own BugTracker section
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:00 am

posting link from another server is just bad idea and advertising.

anyway your links and formula doesn't match because this server has different formula and use older patch.
Last edited by Pottu on Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote pyramid
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:00 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:posting link from another server is just bad idea and advertising.

anyway your links and formula doesn't match because this server has different formula and use older patch.

How is it advertising? *reported troll*
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by levk » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:14 am

Head: Whitesoul is a reasonable alternative, especially if you're looking for plate.

Neck: Tooth of Gnarr has the old stats now with 15 int and 10 spirit. It's still pretty good. Stormpike Sage's Pendant is a good neck at AV honored.

Shoulder: Mantle of Lost Hope is not in the game yet. Only runner ups to dawnbringer or cannon shoulders are things like devout or magisters - a lot of int.

Chest: Energized Chestplate from DM:E deserves a mention.

Legs: Chitinious legs have the old useless stats now.

Rings: Fordring's Seal and Emerald Flame Ring from the Prince in DM:W is the best blue combo imo, other rings to deserve a mention are Blood of the Martyr from Aurius quest in Strat and Band of Rumination from UBRS.

Back: Faded Hakkari Cloak deserves a mention though is not yet implemented; I guess it'll go in with ZG. Quest reward from the very long chain starting all the way at ZF.

Main hand: I'm suprised I don't see the Inventor's Focal Sword from the goblin in mara. It's at least a runnerup to the hammer of grace if not outright better.

Also deserving a mention is Hammer of the Grand Crusader off Balnazzar, 2h, will accept the 9 int enchant. With the currently available enchants this in my opinion is better than anything else you can put in your hands as long as it doesn't include the AV flowers due to the ridiculous amount of mana.
levk
Tester

by Dr. Doom » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:38 pm

Not sure how you guys feel about this one: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=15047
Just 2 less +healing compared to Robes of the Exalted, and has the perk of not being a cloth dress. The extra armor can be pretty useful for pvp healing.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by JCarrill0 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:31 pm

DrearyYew should be able to have a new guide as a sticky since this one is seriously outdated.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to Paladin