Leveling spec

Leveling spec

by username17 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:58 pm

So I'm set in Playing a paladin come launch.
My final spec will be Holy, but I'm going to want to level as Ret.

Is it worth going any deeper than 2H Spec in the Ret tree when leveling?
I'm thinking about only going down to 2H spec (23 Points) into Ret. Then start investing points in Holy.
This way by the time I'm 50+ I'll be halfway through Holy and can just throw on some INT gear when healing in Dungeons.

What are your plans for leveling as Ret? Would you start investing into Holy earlier or later than 2H spec?
username17
Private
Private

Re: Leveling spec

by Loken » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:18 pm

No, I wouldn't say it is necessary. 23 points are enough, because Sanctity Aura is not a requirement if you're doing dungeons and Vengeance too. 23 are enough if you plan on going as support damage dealer and switching to Holy later in the game.

But stay Retribution, everyone's going holy, I'm going to feel alone.
Light grant me your strength!
Loken
Grunt
Grunt

by callex » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Loken wrote:No, I wouldn't say it is necessary. 23 points are enough, because Sanctity Aura is not a requirement if you're doing dungeons and Vengeance too. 23 are enough if you plan on going as support damage dealer and switching to Holy later in the game.

But stay Retribution, everyone's going holy, I'm going to feel alone.
Thats because holy is the only viable pve spec for paladins.

but i'll be ret with you in BGs.
callex
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Loken » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Retribution is viable too, it's just that people in general dislike support DDs and stack glasscannons.

But hey! See you in BGs, we'll do fine.
Light grant me your strength!
Loken
Grunt
Grunt

by Sable » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:44 am

If you care about fast leveling, prot is going to be the fastest at higher level. Maybe the mid 40s. At lvl 50 you should definitely be prot if you care about leveling speed. I also take improved concentration aura in prot tree + the pushback talent in holy tree. This allows you to heal yourself without ANY pushback which then allows you to make bigger pulls.

In the level 40-50 bracket there's going to be long periods of grinding. Grinding as ret is pretty much terrible at those levels. Prot really shines at grinding, though.
Sable
Private
Private

by kegboy123 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:15 am

*Edited for foul language*
kegboy123
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Paladin