Tankadin - Dungeon Tanking gear guide.

Re: Tankadin - Dungeon Tanking gear guide.

by Jacht » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:34 am

I would just like to add that Ironfoe is BIS for a long time in my view. The threat it generates is insane. I couldn't find anything that performed better through BWL/ZG (tanked on ED)
Jacht
Tester

by Bloodtide » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:50 am

A quick newbie question:
Why in a lot of talent specs, people keep using Benediction, since it's not working? This, in reality, leaves you with 4% parry from Deflection, while wasting 5 precious talent points.

Wouldn't it be wiser to put those points in Improved SoR + Reckoning (or anywhere else, for that matter)?
Damage increase = threat increase.

Or am I missing something?
Bloodtide
Tester

by JCarrill0 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Bloodtide wrote:A quick newbie question:
Why in a lot of talent specs, people keep using Benediction, since it's not working? This, in reality, leaves you with 4% parry from Deflection, while wasting 5 precious talent points.

Wouldn't it be wiser to put those points in Improved SoR + Reckoning (or anywhere else, for that matter)?

I use the alternate spec I listed because the talents are not working.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Bloodtide wrote:A quick newbie question:

Well 5 points are much needed in order to get 4% parry . You can go Might but is completely useless for us since our main Blessing is Sanctuary . Yes you can give Might to group but well we never know when this bug with benediction will be fixed. I'd rather keep it on Benediction if i am willing to tank and not bother with respec again when bug is fixed.

Anyway about Reckoning not completely but still useless for us as Prot. (depend on the def level you got) .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by TheFishyOne » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:34 am

smilkovpetko wrote:Reckoning not completely but still useless for us as Prot.

So why'd you recommend I pick up up, then? =P
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:06 pm

TheFishyOne wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:Reckoning not completely but still useless for us as Prot.

So why'd you recommend I pick up up, then? =P

cause 1hand specialization talent in the prot tree is broken
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TheFishyOne » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:01 pm

Really? how so?

Duki recommended Rockoning to me, because I had just scored a Dragon's Call from ST, and he said that having 5/5 Reck would make the difference between it being the perfect Pallytanking weapon until prince's weapon in DM, and the same weapon being simply decent.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:06 pm

TheFishyOne wrote:Really? how so?

Duki recommended Rockoning to me, because I had just scored a Dragon's Call from ST, and he said that having 5/5 Reck would make the difference between it being the perfect Pallytanking weapon until prince's weapon in DM, and the same weapon being simply decent.

It's only boosting auto-attack white dmg by 10% and not ALL dmg by 10%

http://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=2636
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TheFishyOne » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:46 pm

That's how I remember it working in Vanilla. Blizz made a sizable to-do about how much they'd improved the Pally prot tree in TBC, and that was one of the things they changed; which is why 1h spec got nerfed to 1/2/3/4/5 in TBC for Pallies, but Warriors' 1h spec stayed 2/4/6/8/10.

...or so I thought, anyway.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:28 pm

TheFishyOne wrote:That's how I remember it working in Vanilla. Blizz made a sizable to-do about how much they'd improved the Pally prot tree in TBC, and that was one of the things they changed; which is why 1h spec got nerfed to 1/2/3/4/5 in TBC for Pallies, but Warriors' 1h spec stayed 2/4/6/8/10.

...or so I thought, anyway.

You have to remember that in Vanilla, Prot Paladins don't stack spell dmg for the most part other than having a +spell dmg weapon.

In TBC, Prot Paladins had an absolute $hitload of +spell dmg available on all items slots as well as Paladin Tanking Tier gear - therefore necessitating the 1hand specialization talent nerf from 10% to 5%.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin