Tankadin - Dungeon Tanking gear guide.

Re: Tankadin - Dungeon Tanking gear guide.

by TheFishyOne » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:50 pm

ic.

I imagine 2h spec is supposed to work the same way,as well?
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:54 pm

TheFishyOne wrote:ic.

I imagine 2h spec is supposed to work the same way,as well?

I dunno - I will leave it up to Duki or someone else to check it out - as of right now it's a moot point anyway since +spell dmg doesn't exist on any plate gear at all other than the Blue PvP set.

At least not until patch 1.9 and AQ are released on Nostalrius.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Wortex » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:18 am

http://realmplayers.com/Talents.aspx#sVxzZVhxIxzxoxco

11/31/9

I like to use this Talent setup, you can swap 1 parry for the kings if needed.
I take Reckoning over 10% dmg with a 1 Handed because since I get critted alot to
get the most out of my block, the extra attack does make more dmg since you idealy want to
be critted once after redoubt runs out to refresh it. I also prefer 10% int over 10 % str can be
switched around, but I find having a bigger manapool seems to have better results.
I take Improved BoM over Benediction, because since Consecration scales with ap I do tend to
BoM + SotC befor I use Consecration then switch to BoS, same reason I take Improved SotC.

Rank 1 Consecration with SotC should keep mobs on you, just keep it on CD.
I also use Rank 1 Holy Shield just for the block.
Wortex
Private
Private

by JCarrill0 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:38 pm

Wortex wrote:11/31/9

I take Reckoning over 10% dmg with a 1 Handed because since I get critted alot to
get the most out of my block, the extra attack does make more dmg since you idealy want to
be critted once after redoubt runs out to refresh it. I also prefer 10% int over 10 % str can be
switched around, but I find having a bigger manapool seems to have better results.
I take Improved BoM over Benediction, because since Consecration scales with ap I do tend to
BoM + SotC befor I use Consecration then switch to BoS, same reason I take Improved SotC.

What are you tanking with gear wise? I'm not sure why your using Imp Might over Sanctuary (Blessing).
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Wortex » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:30 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:
Wortex wrote:11/31/9

What are you tanking with gear wise? I'm not sure why your using Imp Might over Sanctuary (Blessing).

Well I dont go Imp Might over Sanctuary atlease in most cases not. If I get a well equiped grp holding aggro can be a pain so I buff up Imp BoM + SotC then max rank Consecration AFTER that Ill switch to Sanctuary depending on how many mobs you tanking. I feel that on a single hardhitting mob is better to simply keep the BoM. At multiple mobs you can switch to Sanctuary because it gains on value the more it blocks. I didnt do a full list of BiS, but im aiming at not getting too much DEF and having alot of str/int items.
Wortex
Private
Private

by JCarrill0 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Wortex wrote:Well I dont go Imp Might over Sanctuary atlease in most cases not. If I get a well equiped grp holding aggro can be a pain so I buff up Imp BoM + SotC then max rank Consecration AFTER that Ill switch to Sanctuary depending on how many mobs you tanking. I feel that on a single hardhitting mob is better to simply keep the BoM. At multiple mobs you can switch to Sanctuary because it gains on value the more it blocks. I didnt do a full list of BiS, but im aiming at not getting too much DEF and having alot of str/int items.

so then:
JCarrill0 wrote:What are you tanking with gear wise?

This is the only toon I could find based on your name.
please note: some of the items list in my dungeon gear guide is not currently available, so check my second post and try using those items. That should make a difference for tanking dungeons.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ascha90 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Hey, I am new to Tankadins. So, from what I already know, Consecration costs a ton of mana. Would that make Divine Intellect better than Divine Strength? Because, depending on what you are tanking, wouldn't that mean more mana, meaning more Consecrations. Just thinking this might be useful for AOE tanking, looking at your alternate build. Plus, at least at low levels, would SoR judgement effect be useful as a semi taunt? Just at low levels? Thanks.
Ascha90
Tester

by JCarrill0 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Ascha90 wrote:Hey, I am new to Tankadins. So, from what I already know, Consecration costs a ton of mana. Would that make Divine Intellect better than Divine Strength? Because, depending on what you are tanking, wouldn't that mean more mana, meaning more Consecrations. Just thinking this might be useful for AOE tanking, looking at your alternate build. Plus, at least at low levels, would SoR judgement effect be useful as a semi taunt? Just at low levels? Thanks.

I personally do not use it when I tank, but other do use it because they feel it makes all the difference.
I recommend you ask Ivanoe, a 60 Tankaadin with awesome tanking gear on Nostalrius
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:47 pm

i'd advice you to use both divine intellect and divine strength . (for block damage and mana) more efficient.

improved SoR is just flat 15% damage increase from existing SoR and should never scale with spell damage gear. (this gives you maximum 4-5 damage) per SoR swing or maximum 9 threats per swing. (which is imo so low).

anyway Divine Intellect scale with gear , enchants , buffs , consumes . Same as Divine Strength.
Divine strength also increase your threats in 1 target (by melee swings)and (currently bugged in nostalrius benefits also) on consecration

this allows you more consecration spamming and more efficient usage of overall abilities.

p.s Ivanoe is using my spec around and he is also awesome person.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Ourk » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:39 am

JCarrill0 wrote:
Headpiece:

Hello,

I was wondering why the Dark Iron Helm wasn't on this list, even perhaps at the top because of its huge amounts of armor and stam.

My more theoretical question is: how do you select and prioritize items? Have you some spreadsheet or do you use some stats weights or values?

Thank you for the answer.
Ourk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin