Consecration scale with AP or SP?

Consecration scale with AP or SP?

by earelith » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Basically what the title say :) I am leveling with a friend and play as Holy..but sometimes I go out to farm some herbs alone and need to fight some mobs...I have a 2 Hand with me for that reason. I drop Consecration down, but how do I increase the damage of Consecration?

If it scales with AP, I can use Seal of Crusader and Blessing of Might...if not, I ll better use wisdom for more mana, or better equip a weapon with +Spell power?
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Consecration scale with AP or SP?

by Theloras » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:18 pm

earelith wrote:Basically what the title say :) I am leveling with a friend and play as Holy..but sometimes I go out to farm some herbs alone and need to fight some mobs...I have a 2 Hand with me for that reason. I drop Consecration down, but how do I increase the damage of Consecration?

If it scales with AP, I can use Seal of Crusader and Blessing of Might...if not, I ll better use wisdom for more mana, or better equip a weapon with +Spell power?

Consecration is scaling with Attack Power here so SotC + BoM is your best bet to boost its damage :)
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by earelith » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Thank you very much sir :)
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:45 pm

Theloras does it work with SP too ? Because if that is so :

SP weapon + SP ench + SP consume + Might + SotC = OP Consecration Dmg and enormous TPS.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theloras » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:45 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:Theloras does it work with SP too ? Because if that is so :

SP weapon + SP ench + SP consume + Might + SotC = OP Consecration Dmg and enormous TPS.

hardly at all Duki - judgement of the crusader is boosting each tick by like 8 damage only - you are better off stacking STR/AP up the @$$ here as you will get way more benefit to consecration

now granted this is going for max AoE tanking or speed tanking 5/10man dungeons or while levelling/grinding

as for single target raid boss tanking where you would want to use SoR/JoR then you can go down the spell dmg road
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by stimz » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:18 pm

Scales with AP, because blizzlike. Seal of the crusader is pretty blizzlike too.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by easygoes » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:50 am

stimz wrote:Seal of the crusader is pretty blizzlike too.

I lol'd pretty hard.

Right now Consecrate has a 32% AP scaling, it also has SP scaling but the scaling goes down with each rank, lowest being 22% and highest being 32% if i recall. Someone may need to check me on that.

Scaling calculated based on total damage, not per tick.
easygoes
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Paladin