Is there any reason to start a Pally other than healing?

Is there any reason to start a Pally other than healing?

by Sausages » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Serious, I would like to know if i would be viable as ret or tank. Is that a bad idea and should i just start a warrior?
I dont want to heal by the way lol.
Sausages
Private
Private

Re: Is there any reason to start a Pally other than healing?

by NathanFScott » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:03 pm

If you want to tank, you wont be doing it in raids. 5 mans should be okay though, especially shit like Stratholme. As far as Ret DPS goes, you're pretty much a melee Spriest or Balance until we get to late AQ40 or Naxx.
NathanFScott
Tester

by smilkovpetko » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:51 pm

Greetings sausages . don't stand on what people says because you should play what you most enjoy :

just example :

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=18004

cheers ;)

we are viable as long you enjoy to learn and play proper.
+ try to join mature people that willing to enjoy raiding instead hardcore elites that dream of "max progressing" on 10 years old contents.

cheers <3
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by thenuclearwalrus » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:18 pm

All the best tanks I have had so far while leveling (Currently 40) have been paladins, they are great at holding aggro on multiple enemies with consecrate its great.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Benedicter » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:16 pm

Dear Susages it all depends on what content you wish to experience.

As for Paladins, if you wish to explore and progress through the endgame PvE content you will probably be forced to heal -

BUT if you so wish to play PvP there are many usable possibilities for the Paladin, if geared and specced right, the Paladins can a very very efficient attribute to the PvP field.
Benedicter
Tester

by Sausages » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:34 am

Thank you all for the comments!
Sausages
Private
Private

by Sausages » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:59 pm

So i started a pally. Can i tank prior to level 40, or do i need to wait till then? :D
Sausages
Private
Private

by Tyraeus » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:19 am

Sausages wrote:So i started a pally. Can i tank prior to level 40, or do i need to wait till then? :D

You can tank as soon as you get Consecration, pretty much! Just slap on a shield and go to town :)
Tyraeus
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Sausages wrote:So i started a pally. Can i tank prior to level 40, or do i need to wait till then? :D

I am always playing Protection with sometime retribution and i can tell you that i have done all the contents including high end game hardest ones ;)

everything is doable if you willing to take time and enjoy with it.

as for leveling i recommend you protection until max level because you will gear up damn easy and especially undead dungeons such as scholomance and strat ;) cheers |<3
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by DrearyYew » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:38 am

Ret is viable in raids and dungeons just fine. A bit behind the pack.

Prot is amazing for dungeons. Seriously, the best dungeon tanks. Prot Pala never loses aggro unless someone else pulls for you. The downside is that we are completely incapable of picking loose mobs up off of stupid dps.

Prot in raids however onlt has very niche uses. You'd be better off being a Ret or Holy paladin, who can fill those niche uses at only a slight disadvantage to prot paladins.

As for leveling, Paladin is the 2nd slowest leveler, just edging out Warrior. Our 1-40 is better, but our 40-60 is worse. Before 40, we are able to heal ourselves during and after fights. However after 40, Warriors get MS.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Paladin