Advice on Paladin

Advice on Paladin

by Tekko » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:14 pm

So with a PVE server possibly coming, I'm considering rolling on it and I'm trying to decide on what class to play.

I am currently a Warrior, and don't feel like doing the levelling all over again with that class.

I would like to try a Paladin, but have a few concerns. I know you'll be forced into healing at end game.

-5 minute buffs, sound like a pain to refresh, how annoying is it?
-Does PallyPower make it easier? How does it work? One click to buff one class? Or do you still have to single target each person?
-I've heard they aren't strong healers in vanilla, how true is this?
-How is healing levelling dungeons? (ofc as dps spec)
-How is healing level 60 dungeons when you are a fresh 60? (since I've heard they are weak healers)
Tekko
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Advice on Paladin

by sebas100003 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:30 am

First dude its a pvp class they are not week healer / dps / tank most of the pepole are just angry at pallys
for no reason at all i do same dps as a hunter at lvl 48 + i heal and buff (im ret) winning most of my fight
in pvp most of the time so if you want to play pally play it in the pvp server and dont mind if pepole says it
suck cause it dont
sebas100003
Tester

by DrearyYew » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:56 am

1. Paladin buffs last 15 minutes when you get the Greater Blessings in your 50s
2. PallyPower has you open a UI to select buffs for each class, and you can see what other Paladins are buffing as well. It won't let you override buffs. Once you close the GUI, you get a small rectangle on your screen with each class and if you need to buff those classes. Click on each class icon to apply buffs. One click.
3. Paladins are amazing healers in vanilla. Priests have slightly stronger healing, but have much more trouble with mana management. Paladins have nearly infinite mana once they get their hands on later gear sets. Druids are the weak healers.
4. Healing dungeons as Ret is pretty easy. Slap on a bunch of gear with int and give yourself Wisdom, and give the tank Light once you unlock it (Lv 40).
5. Healing dungeons as a fresh 60 Paladin is the easiest of any of the classes because of Blessings. 36 MP5 from Wisdom on yourself if talented, and Blessing of Light massively increases your healing done to tanks. You also can use Judgement of Light, which lets you afk half of the dungeon bosses.

Whoever told you Paladins were weak healers have no idea what they are talking about.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Tekko » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:51 am

Thanks man.
Tekko
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Paladin