Killerduki's Tankadin Run Video's PoV

Re: Killerduki's Tankadin Run Video's PoV

by TheFishyOne » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Lexi, I will pass on to you what Duki passed on to me.

Pull packs of 3-5 where you can. Preseal with Wis and lay down a max rank Consc. Start whacking the biggest dude in the pack, judge and reseal Wis, rinse and repeat until you win. Also, it is rarely (if ever) necessary to have 100% uptime on Consc. for pulls of less than 3, precast HS, pull with JotC, and use SoR. Consc should not be necessary with only 1 or 2 targets where you can get just as much threat by using HS, Redoubt, and BoSanc.

Where me and Duki differ in style is that I always keep 3 ranks of Consc on my hotbar: Rank 1, Rank 3, and Max Rank. Duki only feels the need to use Max Rank. Duki is also more experienced at Vanilla Pallytanking than I, and is good enough at managing his mana that he has main tanked raid bosses without popping mana consumables, didn't lose agro, and didn't go oom. Point is, not ALL of whet works for him may work for you.

Using this advice, I tanked DM East yesterday without stopping once to drink, and had no mana issues. I also held good (not perfect) aggro against a group that included a 58 Rogue, a 58 Mage and a raid geared Fury Warrior with 2 glowing weapons as DPS. I was 56. Point is, with me tanking using the tactics I just listed, we blew through there so quickly that we decided to reset the instance and run it again. Granted, we also all had KTM running, so it was easier than usual to properly manage my mana by properly managing my aggro.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:15 pm

Everything I have seen in these videos are the same stuff I been doing for years.
Every tank has a variance to their own play style.
In 5 man dungeons for me every DPS gets Salvation (Blessing), healer gets Wisdom, and me (the tank) would get Sanctuary (blessing) is I was Prot, Kings was a bonus from other Paladins with me.

Raids is a different ball game, but since this topic is focused on lowbie 5 mans, I end my post here with this,
If you think Duki is tanking wrong, you need to go back to basics and start from there.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lexi » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:40 pm

TheFishyOne,

That's what I'm trying to say :) While I find your story hard to believe, that's really awesome!

What you listed is what I used to do, when tanking was easy and comfortable. That fury warrior with glowing weapons? was either 1) hardcorely holding back so cheers to him :D 2) watching a movie.

What do you do when you're silenced? What do you do when you're tanking Rattlegore?

Thanks!
Lexi
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:30 pm

What i had never understood you is "Silence" with Rattlegore .

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Rattlegore

This Boss should never Silence.

Attacks and AbilitiesEdit

Has a strong melee attack
Knock Away: Inflicts normal damage plus 30 to an enemy and knocks it back.
Strike: Strikes at an enemy, inflicting increased melee damage.
War Stomp: Inflicts normal damage plus 50 to nearby enemies, stunning them for 5 sec.

Simple Exorcism - JotC and SoR = enjoy on Facebook .

If you talk regarding other adds in "stratholm" .
You pull them with Exorcism and hide behind the "corner" of the wall and Consecrate before they hit you.
Stun the "NPC" which gives you Silence "assuming that would be the Spider"
Judge with Wisdom , Seal of Wisdom and spam Consecrate until and after Silence.

Bingo.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:20 pm

updated with Zul'Farrak tanking.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Lexi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:12 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:What i had never understood you is "Silence" with Rattlegore .

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Rattlegore

This Boss should never Silence.

Attacks and AbilitiesEdit

Has a strong melee attack
Knock Away: Inflicts normal damage plus 30 to an enemy and knocks it back.
Strike: Strikes at an enemy, inflicting increased melee damage.
War Stomp: Inflicts normal damage plus 50 to nearby enemies, stunning them for 5 sec.

Simple Exorcism - JotC and SoR = enjoy on Facebook .

If you talk regarding other adds in "stratholm" .
You pull them with Exorcism and hide behind the "corner" of the wall and Consecrate before they hit you.
Stun the "NPC" which gives you Silence "assuming that would be the Spider"
Judge with Wisdom , Seal of Wisdom and spam Consecrate until and after Silence.

Bingo.

It's been a really long time but I bring up rattegore for two reasons if I remember correctly from vanilla retail:

1) Rattlegore seems to ignore spell based agro/threat abilities
and/or
2) The knock up he does clears the tanks threat (taunt required).

This is what I remember atleast.
Lexi
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:05 pm

nope , he doesn't drop the threats and should never do. neither silence.

i am also vanilla player . and all my knowledge is coming from retail vanilla.

There was one of the 6 mini bosses (before last boss) that drop the threats (but simple judgement is good taunt there) also that miniboss doesn't silence.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Vigete » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:24 am

Rattilgore use an AOE stunn, 8 secs if i remember well. During this time you are not able to do anything (no bloks, so is useless cast Holy Shield before and the only benefit from Blessing of Sanctuary is the damage reduction) the only threat you can do is from Retribution Aura if you have active and if you didn't generate enought threat, boss turn in face of ranged dpses and retake aggro can result very hard.

In the video of Zul Farrak you can't attack Gahz'rilla because i think that aggro range in bugged, i mean, you have to stay in feet of a giant mob if you want to attacca him (i noticed this against Immol'thar, inside DM W).

I have problems to hold aggro just if i have warlocks or hunters in party with me, expecially warlocks, they generate toons of aggro and i think that is why they use abilities in melee range, but i have to test.
Vigete
Private
Private

by TheFishyOne » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Having tanked Rattlegore a couple of times for a couple of groups over the past couple of days, I feel I am qualified to say it is a rather easy fight for a Tankadin. Simply judge Crusader and lay down a Consc before the stun; even Rank 1 will do, assuming your DPS are not on crack.

Fight was harder on the healer, but that's because most of my gear, as of the time of this post, is crap. Even then, he was low enough when I died (on the first kill), that my group downed him before the Rogue's Evasion wore off.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:43 pm

all summon Bosses and Pets are aggro bugged (non existant) in server.

i made report for this : https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=2817

This affect : DM W Warlock summ Boss , Scholomance Paladin q Boss , Zul'Farrak last Boss , Uldaman last Boss , Scholomance last Boss etc.

Confirmation is made in Uldaman last Boss for now , same for Zul'Farrak last Boss.

-(what can make this switch his target?) if you eat knockback or sort of "jump" in the air by last Boss in ZF , he automatic switch to next target . (no aggro affected) so you can't get aggro back.
-(How they can be done easier ?) you must be 1st seen target for that or 1st target to aggro them .
-(will Bubble force them to switch the target?) no . They will continue hitting you even with bubble.

Rattlegore = i don't even need consecration , 1-2exorcism is enough and more than enough , the rest is jotc and sor (while drinking my coffee) . Aggro forever no matter what.
Stun is 5 seconds so you have enough time to refresh jotc with melee swings.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin