Let's Talk Shockadin PvP

Re: Let's Talk Shockadin PvP

by Theloras » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:35 pm

Ihealwpvp wrote:it may be a fun spec, but ultimately you are throttling your potential as a defensive support hybrid and gimping your team. It's hard for the rest of the team to make up your slack. Paladins are a support class, and excel at it in pvp, any other spec is a funsies spec that hurts your team.

And people say that I'm a troll and derail threads...
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by JCarrill0 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:55 pm

caca4 wrote:I would like to submit a spec made by myself , in order for the more experienced players to point out the flaws in it. I am very grateful if anyone chooses to bring his/her critics to this build , because I really want to hear some oppinions!

This was made tweaking a bit the old Shockadin Spec to fit my needs (healing and questing ). http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sEVubgotZxf0xo

This spec will be tested on my paladin ASAP. It is designed for decent healing in dungeons BUT to be able to level in a somewhat efficient way using the retri talents . I had no need for seal of command since righteousness has higher damage over time if you do the math ( I will get tons of crictic on this opinion , but it's my personal choice , so don't bother to change my view ). And I went for Pursuit of Justice with no PVP in mind simply because I don't want to pay for carrot on a stick. Spiritual Focus went to dust as well in order for Divine Intellect to boost my healing prowess in dungeons , and I don't see the use of Spiritual Focus outside PVP medium , seeing as you have LoH to save your sorry behind against an elite mob.

I named it Uther cause in my mind that's what he did xD - heal and dps his enemies.

So what do you guys reckon ? Can you heal dungeons but hold out your own in questing zones with this spec ?

I'm curious to see what you guys think of this post, would this be a viable shockadin spec?
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nugeneration » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:20 pm

For 1h/shield and no pvp it is a viable healing build with good solo potential.

Most people only go shockadin for pvp and design builds around that influence. For a strict pve damage build you want a 1h/shield, imp SoR, and vengeance from Ret being required.
Nugeneration
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:05 pm

What do you guys think when using this as well?
Electromagnetic Gigaflux Reactivator
Binds when picked up
Head | Cloth
44 Armor
+12 Spirit
+15 Intellect

Use: Channels a bolt of lightning and hurls it towards all enemies in front of the caster causing 147 to 168 Nature damage. The caster is then surrounded by a barrier of electricity for 10 min. (cooldown 30 min)

Cysthen wrote:Also consider getting Electromagnetic Gigaflux Reactivator, This you can use for the buff then switch back to your helm. (Reflective shield that deals 5 damage whenever you are attacked). (Drops in Gnomeregan and is easily solo farmed).
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Killstick » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:19 pm

does any of you have any experience with Force Reactive Disk or Skullflame Shield scaling with AP on the live server? Force Reactive should scale 1:1 and Skullflame only the lifesteal proc 1:1 (both dmg and healing)?
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Syphonize » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm actually very curious about this build! Does your damage come mainly from SoR, Judgement and Holy Shock? What do you in the downtime? Would proc-based gear that scale with spell damage like Heart of Wyrmthalak be good here (whenever it gets added anyway)?

Thanks for any replies ;)
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by FessART » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:58 pm

Guys what's your ideas about set gear? What should you get before all the fancy T2 and PvP sets?
FessART
Tester

by JCarrill0 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:40 pm

FessART wrote:Guys what's your ideas about set gear? What should you get before all the fancy T2 and PvP sets?

I would use the spell dmg set, not the pre-update set for shockadin.
heck d2 wouldn't be too bad honestly if you had nothing better :) (but it really is a bad set)
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by FessART » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:02 am

JCarrill0 wrote:
FessART wrote:Guys what's your ideas about set gear? What should you get before all the fancy T2 and PvP sets?

I would use the spell dmg set, not the pre-update set for shockadin.
heck d2 wouldn't be too bad honestly if you had nothing better :) (but it really is a bad set)

Which set is that?
FessART
Tester

Previous

Return to Paladin