Paladin Stats

Paladin Stats

by JCarrill0 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:13 pm

The following is a small Paladin Stat guide/Quotes from other well researched players who (I believe) know their stuff. Enjoy!

Base Stats

Strength -
  • Increases attack power with melee weapons. (1 STR = 2 AP)
  • Increases the amount of damamage that can be blocked with a shield. (20 strength = 1 block value)

Agility -
  • Increases attack power with ranged weapons (useless for paladins)
  • Improves the chance to score a critical hit with weapons. (20 AGI = 1% Crit)
  • Increases armor and chance to dodge attacks. (1 AGI = 2 Armor)(20 AGI = 1% Dodge)
Theloras wrote:As important as straight Critical Strike

Stamina - Increases health points (1 Stamina = 10 Health).

Intellect -
  • Increases mana points and chance to score a critical hit with spells. (1 INT = 15 Mana)
  • Increases the rate at which weapon skills improve.

Rispetto wrote:Increases mana pool. Each point of intellect gives player characters 15 mana points (except from the first 20 points of Intellect that provide 1 mana for each point instead).

Rispetto wrote:Increases chance to score a spell critical strike. This increase varies by class and level; in general, the relationship is linear as intellect increases. The rate of increase is generally based on the amount of intellect a class is expected to have at a certain level, given by the following table.

Rispetto wrote:Class : Expected @L60 : Int (per 1%)
Paladin : 106 : 54

Rispetto wrote:I tried to cut that table to the most relevant part about paladins. Retail uses a different system to calculate spell crit (very different from vanilla). Idk about Cataclysm, but the way it was calculated in wrath was you got spell crit rating, and then with some complex calculation (something like level divided by rating, plus int or some shit like that) a spell critical % chance was given. If you click the (source) link and look at the table, it basically means this; every 54 intellect points is 1% spell critical strike chance. Ah.. what does crit mean for a pally? We'll lets delve into that right now.

Killerduki wrote:28.5 intellect = 1% chance to score a critical strike with spells*

Spirit - Increases health and mana regeneration rates. (useless for Paladins)
Rispetto wrote:For Paladins it's pretty much useless. Priests have a higher base mana pool and base spirit because their class is designed for heavy regen, while we're designed to get our mana back from crits (instead of flat out regeneration), and THIS IS WHY THE DARKMOON FAIRE CARD IS MORE BENEFICIAL FOR ANOTHER CLASS. I'm not saying it's bad, but even with 7k in the bank, I choose my Second Wind over it. Why? Because 300 mana over 10 seconds (every 2 mins) and the +healing is much better than 100% regen while casting, when your regen humps to begin with. If you want to stack spirit (and thus hump total ass because you're like never criting, and you get more mana return with a 25% crit percentage [which I have fully buffed] than you will with a higher regen, again another reason priests have a higher mana pool) then be my guest; drop like 2,000g on a trinket you're just going to replace in BWL. Just don't sob when I'm smoking you on the healing meters (remember our first Nef kill? The one I was double the second best healer's net healing? Yeah, I went there. P.S: Hugs, that innervate was not a waste).

Armor - Decreases the amount of damage taken from physical attacks. The amount of reduction is influenced by the level of the attacker.

Substats

Attack Power - Increases the damage of your weapons.
Theloras wrote:Also increases the damage of your Seal of Command damage. (Very Important).

Critical Strike - Increase the chance to do 150-200% Damage.
With the Vengeance talent, each critical strike increases both your melee and holy damage by 15% for 8 seconds (Very Important).

Block - Chance to block incoming attacks.
Cysthen wrote:One of the reason TANKADINS ARE GOOD:
More block value from talents then Warriors due to Shield Specialization and 10% Strength. Although once Warriors reach Tier 3 they start getting more then you.

Dodge - Chance to Dodge incoming attacks. (Making the target miss doing damage)

Parry - Chance to Parry incoming attacks. (Block with weapons)

Defense - Less chance you will be crit and also gives more mitigation. Defense also "slightly" increase dodge, block, & parry (Crit cap is at 440.)
I don't fully agree with this next quote, but he did have a point:
Cysthen wrote:Don’t worry too much about getting the cap. It wont happen until you have half AQ40 gear and Styleens. Don’t count on it. Just get as much as you can and you will be fine. (Important).

+Hit - Increase your chance to hit the target. (I tend to think of this as Expertise, reduces the chance to be dodge or parried.) (Useful for Prot/Ret).
Theloras wrote:Protection Tree
3/3 Precision - No Brainer here +3% hit is a MUST HAVE

+Healing - Again an extremely important stat. I won't even mention why it's important.
Rispetto wrote:When you get a piece of gear that has +100 healing on it (lol naxx inc) and you only get +50 healing on your FoL, don't shit your pants. Your game isn't bugging out; and here's why.
The flat out +healing given from any +healing stat is based on a 3 second cast time. Why is this? Well because if you gave 100% of the +healing to all spells, no matter the spell casting time, druids would be overpowered, and would be the healer class in the game people would want in their raids. So the way it works is this; if you gain +100 healing from a piece of gear, and you want to apply it to your Flash of Lighht (1.5 second cast), you take 1.5 / 3 = 0.5. 0.5 x 100 = 50 So from +100 healing, +50 is applied to your FoL. For Holy Light; 2.5 / 3 = 0.8333~. 0.83 x 100 = 83 so you would gain +83 healing for HL. Starting to understand?

Spell Damage - This ups the damage of your Seal of Righteousness, Judgment, and Consecration.
Cysthen wrote:You should never need more then shoulder enchant and a spell weapon for swapping on Consecration. You can get plenty from consumables as well as some other threat bonus’s from having a Retribution Paladin in your party. (Not very important on gear).

Mana Per 5 (Mp5) - "Obviously helps your mana regeneration. You don’t need this on your gear but some is better than none - on top of the fact that you should be spamming Major Mana Potions and Demonic Runes. (Not critical but helps)." - Cysthen & Theloras

Spell Crit - In my opinion the most important stat along with +healing. (For Healadins)
Rispetto wrote:In my experience I would generally trade off a +healing piece for a +%crit piece if the loss in healing was around +25~~ for 1% crit. Don't know what that means? Figure it out. I'm not going to hold your hand here, just give you the facts and my view on the subject. Anyways.. as you probably should know by now, the Illumination talent grants you 100% of the mana cost of a spell when you crit (only for FoL, HL, and Holy Shock). For obvious reasons, crit is very.. very good for paladins. This is why many +%crit pieces that drop (such as robe of volatile power in MC) that are really good for DPS are given to Paladins because +%crit is just too damn important to pass up on a Paladin. If you ever get a chance to get a piece with high crit, get it. Whatever the cost.
Last edited by JCarrill0 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Paladin Stats

by JCarrill0 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:18 pm

I would like to add there is another player I got a lot of tips/Advice on Paladin stats from but his ideas are sooo vast that I couldn't quote them, I do hope he see's this and would like to contribute some of his work.

Palad/Wlad - he wrote a huge Guide on Paladin healing/statistic and even a Guide that made it possible to see "Whats the highest possible Ret-DPS."

PS ~ Theloras, Time to make the guide...
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:34 pm

i don't like to talk much about this because of our differences , but there are much different ways of playing style of pve and pvp.

Command also get increased by Spell Damage - where it's coefficient and benefit is much higher than AP .

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Seal_of_C ... did=249861

"x" Damage Per Hit - Means "Command Proc"

Clearly Wiki explain that :
7 Str or 14 AP = 1 Damage Per Hit
14 SP = 2.8 Damage per hit
7 SP = 1.8 Damage per hit

Note that Judgement of Command is affected by Melee Crit and not by Spell Crit .

Unlike other spells, Seal of Command and Judgement of Command are considered physical hits, that does Holy damage. They both use melee crit and hit stats instead of spell crit or hit, and when they crit the damage will be multiplied by two.

Strength - Gives you attack power and more block value. (1 STR = 2 AP)

Don't forget that this "AP" that increase the White Swings is getting "Penalty" by "Glancing Blows" which make this stat poor a bit compare to any other stat (except spirit and such useless stats) .

Regarding Intellect , i fully agree 100% that is so useful stat for us (almost top 1 stat) *almost doesn't mean fully* .

"Spirit" i agree useless , maybe good between fights during trash clearing but still useless.

+Healing - Again an extremely important stat. I won't even mention why it's important.

Yes for Healers but terrible for Retribution or Protection unless you do "experiment specs" .

p.s Maelstrom and Heart of wyrmthalak also proc Vengeance and work of specials..

- I don't know for what purpose / spec you talk but i said point of view from retribution paladin -
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Duki, it's just stats for Paladins, not everyone knows what each base stat does. But if your confused:
If your a Healer, you don't need to worry about STR or AGI
If your a Tank, you don't need to worry about +Heal
If your trying to DPS, you won't need to worry about Def or Block

Edit: Also added some more substats (+hit/Def/Block)
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:21 pm

Attack Power - increases the damage of your auto attacks for single target threat.

It does increase threat on single target but not even close like "Spell damage" does since our threat coming mostly from "Righteous Fury" holy tps increased..

Defense - Less chance you will be crit and also gives more mitigation. (Crit cap is at 440.)

Cysthen wrote:
Don’t worry too much about getting the cap. It wont happen until you have half AQ40 gear and Styleens. Don’t count on it. Just get as much as you can and you will be fine. (Important).

How can you even quote something like that which is not even half true.

even at current patch preraid you can get def cap

Although once Warriors reach Tier 3 they start getting more then you.

They will still not get more Block Value than you . Block yes but Block Value no.

Cysthen wrote:
You should never need more then shoulder enchant and a spell weapon for swapping on Consecration.

Wrong , terrible and bad Aggro or Mana. Inefficient for raid .

(Spell Damage is Must constantly) no matter what and not for Consecration only. (there is list of abilities that is affected by this) .
(mandatory preraid spell damage is 100 , required spell damage for Naxx is 150+ ) .

Without it or using only for consecration will cause you = OOM or Terrible Aggro.

Talking about Tankadin and quoting wrong ways or styles to achieve things proper.

I am here to intervene since the wrong ways had lead us over many years into denials and tankadin haters.
Cystheen have been playing Tankadin but he never been proper tank (aq40+) as he was more focused on "healing" due to lack of knowledge to challenge the "faceroll places" as tank.

(when you explain stats , then explain the stats and not what should people do with quotes) .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Just to assist you how your "Stats" explanation should look like.

Spell Damage - This ups the damage of your:

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=25001

Paladin Coefficients

Ability Name Spell Damage/Healing Coefficient
Offensive Abilities
Seal of Righteousness (One handed; per 1.0 weapon speed) 9.2%
Seal of Righteousness (Two handed; per 1.0 weapon speed) 10.8%
Judgement of Righteousness 71.43% (we don't know yet if 50% or 71.43% because it was changed betwen patch)
Seal of Command 20.0%
Judgement of Command 42.86%
Consecration 33.3%
Holy Shock 42.86%
Hammer of Wrath 42.86%
Exorcism 42.86%
Holy Wrath 19.05%
Holy Shield (per block) 5.0%

(don't mind the numbers if you disagree with it, take the explaining example only)
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:42 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:Just to assist

Why thank you Duki, but again its just basic stuff for new Paladin players to be aware of, that's why there's quotes from former paladin experts. I gladly welcome difference of opinions, but please refrain from saying "Your Wrong!", these are quotes are opinions. Nothing more then that dude ;)
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:56 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:Just to assist

Why thank you Duki, but again its just basic stuff for new Paladin players to be aware of, that's why there's quotes from former paladin experts. I gladly welcome difference of opinions, but please refrain from saying "Your Wrong!", these are quotes are opinions. Nothing more then that dude ;)

i don't disagree with opinions and stuffs , i am just telling that we must not lead people into wrong ways (one minded) .

if the topic is about paladin stats ,then make it to explain the purpose of every stat that affect ability etc.

don't write what people should do . (if you want to make topic about what people should do) then make guide like "cystheen" , "theoloras" guides did.

"my last reply" was just explanation of how the topic should sound better explaining to stuffs.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:17 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:i don't disagree with opinions and stuffs , i am just telling that we must not lead people into wrong ways (one minded)

well actually your previous history on multiple forums show otherwise, but i'll keep an open mind about things :) I hope you changed for the better.
smilkovpetko wrote:if the topic is about paladin stats ,then make it to explain the purpose of every stat that affect ability etc.

don't write what people should do . (if you want to make topic about what people should do) then make guide like "cystheen" , "theoloras" guides did.

That is what I did, feel free to maker your own if you want to do better, this is not meant to be an intense guide, its meant to make things easier for newer paladin players, not experts.
smilkovpetko wrote:"my last reply" was just explanation of how the topic should sound better explaining to stuffs.

I'm glad to hear it, thank you for your comments and replies, I'll take everything you have said into consideration.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:22 pm

just to add another thing :

Seal of Command (there was report by some dude in forum) is now working with spell damage.
Judgement of Command works with spell damage too (but not in the form of exact coefficient but lower) .
Consecration currently work here with AP (when there is no evidence for that yet if it should) .
Vengeance does not proc from "Spells" . (this doesn't mean from our abilities and is regarding trinkets or some items) .

Another thing i have copied from "sticky topic" by one dude back in 2006 Vanilla WoW Forums .

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=25503

http://web.archive.org/web/200611102258 ... 1828&sid=1

1 strength = 2 attack power
20 strength = 1 more block value to shields (this means that it will increase the damage absorbed by your shield each block by 1.3** It doesn’t sound like much, but it adds up)

14 attack power = 1 damage per second.

20 agility = 1% chance to score a critical melee-based attack*
20 agility = 1% chance to dodge a melee attack*
1 agility = 2 armor class

1 intellect = 15 mana
28.5 intellect = 1% chance to score a critical strike with spells*

1 stamina = 10 health, plain and simple.
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Next

Return to Paladin