Retribution Paladin bugs here on Nostalrius

Re: Retribution Paladin bugs here on Nostalrius

by smilkovpetko » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:38 pm

Cephas wrote:Is this classism or are all the classes full of bugs? I mean are the devs sittin back and literally saying "lolret" when looking at our bugs?

paladin is only one at the top of very bugged class in game.

other classes can be found 1-2 bugs and non gamebreaking neither something that affect them too much.

paladins are to the very edge of bugged class
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theloras » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:59 pm

Cephas wrote:Is this classism or are all the classes full of bugs? I mean are the devs sittin back and literally saying "lolret" when looking at our bugs?

No other class comes close to the litany of bugs affecting Paladins.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by thargo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:09 am

Hey guys. This is a little addition to the 'Invisible Holy resist' bug.
I was on my hunter and I used Beast Lore on another's Broken Tooth. As I was curious to see a lvl 60 Broken Tooth's stats. Upon looking at the tool tip I notice something strange...

You can't train holy resistance to your pet. Though I know some pets are meant to keep certain resistances they had as NPCs when you tame them. However I've never heard of Broken Tooth having any. Any that carried over at least...

EDIT: I found the culprit. The Hunter Tier 2 5-piece set bonus gives 60 resistance to all for your pet. Each hunter with the bonus I used beast lore on had a pet with 60 holy resist. I assume the same goes for player enchants/gear.
thargo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Theloras » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:24 am

@thargo - thank you for posting this critical information!

I have posted it to the bug tracker report on Holy Resistance:

Holy Resistance
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3995

Hammer of Wrath should not be resistible?
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3302
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by trorsmang » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:14 pm

I have a bug to add and im quite surprised I didn't see it already mentioned.

It involves consecrate and judgment of the crusader. Any other pallies are welcome to test this out and see If I am wrong, or somehow the bug is only affecting me, idk.

If you start a fight with consecrate before applying any judgment of the crusader bonus to the target you consecrate will do its normal damage. If you then judge the target your consecrate damage will go up accordingly. This is working normally IMO.

HOWEVER, if you judgment of the crusader on the target first and THEN consecrate for some reason it does less damage than it would do normally even without the crusader bonus.

Example - I attack a scarlet elite npc in wpl and I immediately consecrate. It hits for 101 dmg per tick. I then do crusader judgment, now it hits for 125 per tick.
Now, I attack another npc, I do judgment of the crusader immediately then drop consecrate. It hits for 85 dmg per tick the entire duration and the only way to get it to to normal damage again is to wait for the judgment of the crusader debuff to wear off, drop consecrate then re-apply crusader after consecrate.

So if you apply the judgment of the crusader after you have dropped consecrate the bonus is applied correctly. If you apply judgment of the crusader before you drop consecrate it screws up the coefficient somehow and you end up doing less damage than normal. Someone pls confirm this bug, and I'm sorry if it was already mentioned and I just missed it.
trorsmang
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DrearyYew » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:08 pm

That's because Consecrate scales with AP, and you are dropping Consecrate without Seal of the Crusader up, which gives a massive AP bonus.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by trorsmang » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:00 pm

:oops:

isnt it supposed to scale with spell power?
trorsmang
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:52 pm

trorsmang wrote::oops:

isnt it supposed to scale with spell power?

it suppose to scale only with spell power

currently in Nostalrius scale with both at the same time equally with AP and SP.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Cephas » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:45 am

I'm a level 46 ret spec paladin and I have been hitting 500+ crits with JoC while using R1 SoC. I have no spell dmg gear but targets have been stunned when this has happened. Reading the tooltip for the spell makes me believe this is too high. I have also noticed non crits being 200+. I also just noticed that the dmg is an level with the highest rank of SoC i have trained. Any thoughts?
Cephas
Tester

by smilkovpetko » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:57 am

Cephas wrote:I'm a level 46 ret spec paladin and I have been hitting 500+ crits with JoC while using R1 SoC. I have no spell dmg gear but targets have been stunned when this has happened. Reading the tooltip for the spell makes me believe this is too high. I have also noticed non crits being 200+. I also just noticed that the dmg is an level with the highest rank of SoC i have trained. Any thoughts?

i will answer that when they fix our bugged non working stuffs.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin