Holy/Blessing of Sanctuary. Heals-Off Tank

Holy/Blessing of Sanctuary. Heals-Off Tank

by Dr. Doom » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi, interested in the concept of a tank/healer as the paladin was originally conceived, I made this build:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxubgkxEMxc0z

Essentially the goal is to be still an adequate healer, in spite of lacking Holy Shock, and to spec enough into the protection build to give the tank Blessing of Sanctuary, as well as be able to tank enough damage at early levels (perhaps do dungeons as tank for easier groups). Might come in handy later on if the warrior dies and I have to cover in for a moment.

I originally also had Blessing of Kings added into the build, but realised most other Holy Paladins are going for that one already anyway being an 11 point talent. However if you think it should be taken, post it here. Right now I'm leaning for using Guardian's favor for protecting a party member and better root immunity.

I welcome suggestions and feedback. Should I have chosen anticipation for more defence, or threat improvement? Or Kings?

Let me know.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: Holy/Blessing of Sanctuary. Heals-Off Tank

by Nugeneration » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:59 pm

TBH didn't check your spec, but just spec standard Holy with moving a few points into imp RF. You can tank instances and raid AoE just fine.

Picking up aggro after a tank dies if you're healing isn't possible for Paladins.
Nugeneration
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:17 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:Hi, interested in the concept of a tank/healer as the paladin was originally conceived, I made this build:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxubgkxEMxc0z
Essentially the goal is to be still an adequate healer, in spite of lacking Holy Shock, and to spec enough into the protection build to give the tank Blessing of Sanctuary

This was taken from Paladin specs galore (Stickied) thread. This should help you with what you need.

Dr. Doom wrote:Has be able to tank enough damage at early levels (perhaps do dungeons as tank for easier groups). Might come in handy later on if the warrior dies and I have to cover in for a moment.

I originally also had Blessing of Kings added into the build, but realised most other Holy Paladins are going for that one already anyway being an 11 point talent. However if you think it should be taken, post it here. Right now I'm leaning for using Guardian's favor for protecting a party member and better root immunity.

I welcome suggestions and feedback. Should I have chosen anticipation for more defence, or threat improvement? Or Kings?

This would be an alternative if you wanted to Tank dungeons.
This spec would still allow you to heal raids, or dungeons, but also TANK if needed for 5-mans
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Alexandrros » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:06 pm

when healing in 5 mans you will give your tank bol so you can downrank easier, so blessing of sanctuary is kinda pointless. honestly when tanking holy shock is the best tanking talent you can have since it works as a semi taunt with divine favor and ranged pull so u dont need to carry nades.

and get imp righteous fury 3/3, you will thank me later
<Final Exit>
Alexandrros
Private
Private

by JCarrill0 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:09 pm

Alexandrros wrote:when healing in 5 mans you will give your tank bol so you can downrank easier, so blessing of sanctuary is kinda pointless. honestly when tanking holy shock is the best tanking talent you can have since it works as a semi taunt with divine favor and ranged pull so u dont need to carry nades.

and get imp righteous fury 3/3, you will thank me later

I think he wants BoS for himself when tanking 5 mans, plus if he is raiding, the Sanctuary (Blessing) will help raid tanks, cuz every paladin has Light (Blessing).
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Alexandrros » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:28 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:I think he wants BoS for himself when tanking 5 mans, plus if he is raiding, the Sanctuary (Blessing) will help raid tanks, cuz every paladin has Light (Blessing).

in that case bos is fine for raids but not rly needed for tanking 5 mans. holy shock is much better for that
<Final Exit>
Alexandrros
Private
Private

by JCarrill0 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Alexandrros wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:I think he wants BoS for himself when tanking 5 mans, plus if he is raiding, the Sanctuary (Blessing) will help raid tanks, cuz every paladin has Light (Blessing).

in that case bos is fine for raids but not rly needed for tanking 5 mans. holy shock is much better for that

Agreed, sub taunt ability makes things useful for dungeon tanking
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:31 pm

Thank you very much for the input guys. I have been correcting and tinkering with my build for a few days, in good measure using your suggestions.

One issue I can't seem to be able to decide on, and I'd appreciate your opinion here again is:

1/2 Guardian's favor - 3/3 Improved Concentration Aura

VS

2/2 Guardian's favor -2/3 Improved Concentration Aura
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Paladin