Advise on My holy PVP spec (aslo for casual pve)

Advise on My holy PVP spec (aslo for casual pve)

by Airwalker » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:50 pm

Greetings fellow paladins!

I am finally nearing level 60 on my paladin, leveling as ret at the moment. Which has got me thinking about the end game I want to play.

I have decided to go holy and do mainly pvp, I want to be that unkillable healbot in WSG that helps win the game!

So I have made a build for myself for when I get lvl 60 and respec. My aim is to mainly do pvp, but ill also end up doing alot of dungeons and pug raids for gear.

Do you recon this build is sufficient?

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/palad ... 0000000000

I would love to hear your opinions!
Airwalker
Tester

Re: Advise on My holy PVP spec (aslo for casual pve)

by JCarrill0 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Airwalker wrote:Greetings fellow paladins!

I am finally nearing level 60 on my paladin, leveling as ret at the moment. Which has got me thinking about the end game I want to play.

I have decided to go holy and do mainly pvp, I want to be that unkillable healbot in WSG that helps win the game!

So I have made a build for myself for when I get lvl 60 and respec. My aim is to mainly do pvp, but ill also end up doing alot of dungeons and pug raids for gear.

Do you recon this build is sufficient?

I would love to hear your opinions!

perhaps go for AOE, and your set!
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by DrearyYew » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:35 pm

I highly recommend grabbing Consecrate and keeping Rank 1 on your bars, it will help prevent those pesky rogues from opening on you

Improved Concentration is only really useful for the Silence resist since you will already be capped at 100% chance to ignore pushback. If you really want the 15% Silence/Interrupt resist, then go for it, Silence/Interrupt resist is good, but it comes at a cost of not being 3/3 Improved HoJ. If you're good at fake casting, I would just grab the 3/3 HoJ with no points in Improved Concentration.

Improved Lay on Hands really isn't that great, it's still a 40m cooldown with the talent. You'll end up with an extra point anyways, or 3 if you don't put any points in Improved Concentration. Your options at that point would be 2/2 Improved Lay on Hands, 5/5 Toughness, or 3/3 Lasting Judgement if you PvE and are asked to judge Light/Wisdom.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Airwalker » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:44 pm

aah I didnt realize that you dont need improved conc aura if you already have spiritual focus. I recon im pretty decent at fake casting, so ill skip that altogether.

Took on board the usefulness of consecration, that could be very handy actually!

About the Imp LoH.. I just love LoH in those situations where you are defo dead and somehow survive with a LoH, can't beat it. So I think ill keep that, at the expense of maybe not having a long enough judgement in pve.. but screw it! :P

thanks alot for your input, my final build now looks like this:

Airwalker
Tester

by Airwalker » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:01 pm

I just had another thought... If I were, say, not to take Imp LoH and go for 1 point in Lasting Judgements; would it be worth putting 2 points into benediction? With the thought that I would be judging more often and therefore saving mana.

(I did read on the forums that benediction doesn't work, but those were old posts, im assuming it does now??)

That build would look like this:

Airwalker
Tester

by DrearyYew » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:16 am

You will save more mana by getting lasting judgement 3/3 than Benediction 2/5
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Paladin