How much +healing is worth 1% spell crit chance?

How much +healing is worth 1% spell crit chance?

by Wolfrig » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:18 am

A simple question, I know the value changes with your gear (the more healing gear you have, the more each crit chance is worth), but I would like to know how much +healing 1% spell crit is worth in various periods of endgame (pre-raid, MC/Onyx, BWL, AQ, Naxx).

I know it's a bit harder to calculate this for paladins because we get back 100% mana when we crit, making spell crit much more valuable to us than to, say, druids or priests.

Looking forward to answers from some experienced pallies. :D
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: How much +healing is worth 1% spell crit chance?

by smilkovpetko » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:49 am

Wolfrig wrote:A simple question, I know the value changes with your gear (the more healing gear you have, the more each crit chance is worth), but I would like to know how much +healing 1% spell crit is worth in various periods of endgame (pre-raid, MC/Onyx, BWL, AQ, Naxx).

I know it's a bit harder to calculate this for paladins because we get back 100% mana when we crit, making spell crit much more valuable to us than to, say, druids or priests.

Looking forward to answers from some experienced pallies. :D

average 12 (less/more by 1) depend on the content
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by ketchup » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Depends on gear and what spells you're casting.

1% crit is worth both +healing and +mp/5.

Healing wise for Flash of Light spam, the equation:

0.01 * 0.5/0.43 * FoL_Amount
or 0.01163 * Flash of Light Amount

The 0.01 is the 1% increased critical healing chance
The 0.5 is the bonus healing done. I.e. If you crit a heal with a base of 800, it will crit for 1200. The difference is 400 or 0.5 of the base.
The 0.43 is the coefficient that +healing applies to Flash of Light (1.5 second spell).

So, for 800 FoLs, this would be a +healing value of 0.01 * 0.5 / 0.43 * 800 = 9.3 + healing

But, illumination also gives you mana back.
Assuming 2 FoLs per 5 seconds (pretty reasonable):
0.01 * 280mp/5 = 2.8mp/5

The 0.01 is the 1% crit chance
The 280 mp/5 is the mana cost to cast 2 FoLs every 5 seconds.

So, with your FoLs healing 800, it's worth 9.3 + healing and 2.8 mp/5. If you value mp/5 as 3+Healing, That's 17.7 +Healing per crit%.

For my FoL's doing 1000, The value is 11.6 +Healing and 2.8 mp/5 which is 20+healing. Petty easy to tinker the equations if you're frequently casting Holy Lights (way more mp/5 benefit) or if you're spamming Flash of Light more or less.
ketchup
Private
Private

by Wolfrig » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:28 am

Thank you both for your replies, this will make gear priority much clearer. :D

And btw ketchup, how on earth can your FoL heal for 1000? They didn't even release AQ yet! :shock: I know Blessing of Light gives some +100, but that still makes it 900, while the base is 400. Coefficient being 0.43, you would need to have 1162 + healing in order to increase your FoL by 500. Even with consumables and all, that seems alot for a pre-AQ gear.
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Paladin