Maintankadin in MC(?)

Maintankadin in MC(?)

by TheFishyOne » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:18 pm

So I've recently moved up a bit in the Tanking world, and have made my first forays into MC as a Pallytank.

That said, there are a few fights that I am unable to see how a Pally could Tank. Namely Garr, Baron Geddon, Shazzrah, and Ragnaros. Garr is constantly dispelling my RF, Baron Geddon has a vicious, persistent mana burn, Shazzrah seems to require all Tanks to be able to Taunt, and Rags's sons have an INSANE mana burn aura, and By Fire Be Purged will only hit people with a mana bar.

Can a Pally MT any of these fights? If so, how?
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Maintankadin in MC(?)

by smilkovpetko » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:09 pm

TheFishyOne wrote:So I've recently moved up a bit in the Tanking world, and have made my first forays into MC as a Pallytank.

That said, there are a few fights that I am unable to see how a Pally could Tank. Namely Garr, Baron Geddon, Shazzrah, and Ragnaros. Garr is constantly dispelling my RF, Baron Geddon has a vicious, persistent mana burn, Shazzrah seems to require all Tanks to be able to Taunt, and Rags's sons have an INSANE mana burn aura, and By Fire Be Purged will only hit people with a mana bar.

Yes and tomorrow i will add full info how to for every single Boss. (tonight too tired from work) .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Scarnavax » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:06 am

TheFishyOne wrote:So I've recently moved up a bit in the Tanking world, and have made my first forays into MC as a Pallytank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84OwHLAuQzc
Scarnavax
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Alright let start

Garr = solution is simple :

Buff Righteous Fury 1st , and then everything else , ask Warlocks to buff you with Useless buffs "such as" underwater breathing etc.

Also use the "rotation" i have shown you , full aggro at beginning and spend major mana potion and demonic rune at very beginning , use all the mana you got , later you should end up with sor swings and jotc on target.
(this wll be enough aggro for boss , any mana you regen during fight keep it fr RF)

Baron Geddon , fight is simple :

Get fire resistance gear and you will be invincible = tank and spank fight.
also ask healers or keep some mana for cleanse the debuff from you immediate (don't wait even 1 second) .

Shazzrah is quite challenging =

DPS should stop any damage when Boss teleport , mages should focus decurse (the only job they should do) , when boss blink other tanks take/taunt or whatever (but they should not do any aggro except that) bring the Boss to you , (keeping jotc) if you move toward them and swing boss 1-2 times + jor will be enough to re take it .

(fight is simple) boss blink = all stop dps , tanks assist bringing to you , you take over boss and go back to position , full dps , repeat.

Ragnaros easy , simple and healing intensive .

You should start tanking Boss 1st using 300 FR , no matter who build aggro , Boss will always reset people aggro when they runaway 10+ yards , which mean the aoe knockback resets everybody aggro , infront of boss there is "Tanking Spot" which you and/or another tank will stand there when you will switch the knockbacks.

Even if Boss "which is extremely rare" and will never do that after aoe knockback purge you , the 2nd Tank should be able to intercept and take over , If melee got some aggro they should move back 10 yards in order to reset aggro .

When other Tank is tanking and you are waiting for Boss to Knockback him , you prepare to run inside with "rotation i told you" .

(this fight will also require 1-2 demonic runes and 1-2 major mana pot) if you use 300 fr you won't need gfpp.

For the "Sons" , you consecrate max rank and you kite (never allow them to hit you) while mages use frost nova,blizzard,hunters traps etc.

The rest is all about practice . Good luck
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by stif » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:44 pm

nice guide duki dont know if it will work becouse i have not tested it but still . seems about right
and ofcourse good luck to you fishy!!!
bring the paladins word to the world
stif
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm still waiting for you to MT Onyxia, it can be done!
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:19 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:I'm still waiting for you to MT Onyxia, it can be done!

It is much more easy than Warrior Tanks for Aggro , p1 you pick the boss , position but dps are light or normal damage , p2 range full DPS to bring boss down fast as they can, you have to stand under boss jumping with abilities "jotc" "sor" ,

when p3 come and boss is about to come down (he is immune to taunt) this gives you enormous advantage over warrior tanks , you simple consecrate , jor and swing with sor .

p3 dps should stop doing any damage until boss aggro is your because at p3 boss aggro will be completely reset for everyone equal down to 0 .

Make sure dwarf priest fearward is on you or you can /macro or manual instant bubble and instant bubble remove to interrupt the fear from you .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:37 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:I'm still waiting for you to MT Onyxia, it can be done!

It is much more easy than Warrior Tanks for Aggro , p1 you pick the boss , position but dps are light or normal damage , p2 range full DPS to bring boss down fast as they can, you have to stand under boss jumping with abilities "jotc" "sor" ,

when p3 come and boss is about to come down (he is immune to taunt) this gives you enormous advantage over warrior tanks , you simple consecrate , jor and swing with sor .

p3 dps should stop doing any damage until boss aggro is your because at p3 boss aggro will be completely reset for everyone equal down to 0 .

Make sure dwarf priest fearward is on you or you can /macro or manual instant bubble and instant bubble remove to interrupt the fear from you .

Duki, lol I was asking for it to be done, not asking for a strategy, but you seem to have a good idea on what needs to be done :)
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:50 pm

well for now he need some more gear , because i inspected him and i saw that he really need some improvements in it. especially the stamina part.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Return to Paladin