Transition from Holy to Retribution

Transition from Holy to Retribution

by Escene » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:46 pm

Hello !

I have some questions about the transition from Holy to Ret, i'm actually raiding as Holy but i'm not enjoying the role of a healer. I mean i like the fact that i'm toping the healing meter but, it's not what i enjoy the most.

I'm here to experience vanilla content and enjoy my time not to play a spec' that make me a bit sad, but in the meantime i don't want let down the guild that helped me gearing up, and actually i spent a lot of money and TIME on gearing my self enchanting every piece of gear, i was motivated but as it turned out healing is not for me.

So i'm here to ask how can i switch from Holy to Ret, is it a good idea ? is gearing up from scratch a Ret is hard and cost a lot of money and take a lot of time ? Can i still be usefull in a raid environement ? or should i just switch to another class ?
Escene
Tester

Re: Transition from Holy to Retribution

by JCarrill0 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Escene wrote:Hello !

I have some questions about the transition from Holy to Ret, i'm actually raiding as Holy but i'm not enjoying the role of a healer. I mean i like the fact that i'm toping the healing meter but, it's not what i enjoy the most.

I'm here to experience vanilla content and enjoy my time not to play a spec' that make me a bit sad, but in the meantime i don't want let down the guild that helped me gearing up, and actually i spent a lot of money and TIME on gearing my self enchanting every piece of gear, i was motivated but as it turned out healing is not for me.

So i'm here to ask how can i switch from Holy to Ret, is it a good idea ? is gearing up from scratch a Ret is hard and cost a lot of money and take a lot of time ? Can i still be usefull in a raid environement ? or should i just switch to another class ?

Retribution is not a true viable raid spec. I know that little sentence will get a lot of heat, but in vanilla it's hard to compete with other dps classes. Now PvP you may find it fun and enjoy, but if your raiding and want to dps perhaps choose a different class. Theoloras is leading a Paladin guild I think that has ret dps and uses the glitches in the game to advance the dps to higher charts, but I'm 100% sure on that.

One thing is for certain, if you never been ret, go for it, it's fun to play ret!
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Memegank » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
Memegank
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kasen » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:55 pm

I doubt that anyone seriously considered that, but... what about a cloth geared DPS paladin?
All your seals stack with SPD, and since you're geared in cloth you should have a LOT of intellect resulting in keeping up max rank Consecration all the time + casting Judgements on their CD's.
Kasen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by omeatgrinder » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Hello Escene,

The 2 word combination Retribution PvE is one of the most divisive topics about class mechanics in Old School WoW. Some say Ret is viable, some say it is not. It is all a matter of perspective.

My advice would be this. Get Nightfall http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19169 then find a guild who understands that while a Ret Pal does less DPS than a pure DPS class, it brings another AURA, another BLESSING, another DIVINE INTERVENTION in case of wipe, 15% spell damage taken proc (with Nightfall) and another healer if the encounter needs it.

Edit: While auto-attacking, you also benefit your raid with another magic dispel, another BoP, another Lay on Hands.

I, for one, believe a skilled Ret Paladin in a raid is not only a good addition to a raid, but a necessity.
I identify as a High DPS Retribution Paladin. Take me into your raid or else I will call you classist and ableist and bigoted and go write a long, out-of-breath rant on Twitter blaming my choice of class on the evil warriorarchy and rogue culture.
omeatgrinder
Tester

by omeatgrinder » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Kasen wrote:I doubt that anyone seriously considered that, but... what about a cloth geared DPS paladin?
All your seals stack with SPD, and since you're geared in cloth you should have a LOT of intellect resulting in keeping up max rank Consecration all the time + casting Judgements on their CD's.

You can have the biggest mana pool in the whole game and still you will OOM yourself if you use Max Rank Consecration. Your auto-attacks are still the biggest part of your DPS, so you should focus on it.

But I totally agree that Rets need a little spell power to increase consecration's damage output.
I identify as a High DPS Retribution Paladin. Take me into your raid or else I will call you classist and ableist and bigoted and go write a long, out-of-breath rant on Twitter blaming my choice of class on the evil warriorarchy and rogue culture.
omeatgrinder
Tester

by Imbaslap » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:01 pm

not viable in vanilla raiding.
sorry but wait for TBC to go full tryhard ret PVE.

reroll an alt to 60 and play warrior or rogue if you want to experience a melee dps.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:13 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:

Retribution is not a true viable raid spec. I know that little sentence will get a lot of heat, but in vanilla it's hard to compete with other dps classes. Now PvP you may find it fun and enjoy, but if your raiding and want to dps perhaps choose a different class. Theoloras is leading a Paladin guild I think that has ret dps and uses the glitches in the game to advance the dps to higher charts, but I'm 100% sure on that.

One thing is for certain, if you never been ret, go for it, it's fun to play ret!

JC using different ranks judgement of the crusade is not Glitch , it is working properly as i gave every single evidence for this .
Theoloras is not using glitch , he is doing it properly.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... he+crusade
This is for JC.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Greetings Escene , first of all to inform you that everyone in this topic (except JC) have never played properly pve retribution paladin and don't have a clue how to play. Those are just random haters that can't accept the fact how much this class and spec is bugged.

That's been said , now to answer your question :

1- Gearing up as Retribution PVE is not hard , it is only too complicated to understand .
2- Playing as Retribution Pve will never guarantee you spot in Raids because we are so much bugged and many people are false informed how much we can preform in raid.
3- There will be many haters and trolls against your role , but most of them are trolls and stubborn people so you have to avoid them at any cost.
4- We are so much bugged class , not to say wrong but we are the most bugged class in server in almost every aspect except healing.
5- For PVE (my personal opinion) all you need is Intellect and Agility as Mandatory to preform maximum dps and to avoid consequence of being "OOM" (example) http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... Killerduki This is how your gear should look like .
6- PVP is different story , you might also look to Guides here but i recommend you to talk with Theoloras about this.
7- If you enjoy this spec to play , then make your way and do it , play what you enjoy , if guild don't want you , there are pugs , play with pugs.
8- If you feel that you will be unfair toward your guild , i am not so sure because if they want to play with you, they can still bring you in raid as Retri Pve spec.
9- If you want to know more about Retribution and how much you can go for , talk with me in game.
10- Suppresion Room in BWL , nobody and literally nobody can be better than Retribution Paladin here, this is your weapon how to benefit your guild, you are best AoE Class and Spec in game.

Cheers by Killerduki.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:57 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:JC using different ranks judgement of the crusade is not Glitch , it is working properly as i gave every single evidence for this .
Theoloras is not using glitch , he is doing it properly.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... he+crusade
This is for JC.

Thanks for the heads up, but I consider it cheating, and I consider it a glitch, weather Nost considers it the same or you consider it the same is just a matter of opinion. period.
If you wish to call it down-ranking, that's fine, I just don't consider it legit.

These are just my opinion nor am I trying to force my opinion to anyone else.

please don't turn this thread into a debate.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Paladin