Is ret pally viable

Re: Is ret pally viable

by Theloras » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:41 am

Holystrike wrote:
Talesavo wrote:Paladin DPS viability is completely subjective. I did 725 dps on Lucifron with insane gear on my Paladin, but I do 1100DPS with my Warrior in great gear, but not the best. All I have to say is that Paladin DPS is significantly weaker in non-AoE fights, but where you land in the pantheon of your guild is really the only thing that matters. If you do competitive DPS within your guild and the guild is willing to take you along, who gives a shit? I allowed Palabubble to go Ret DPS in MC because we already have too many healers as it is and as long as he's not a detriment, then there's no problem. Does that transition to BWL? Nah, shit I didn't even go Ret in BWL, even though we had plenty of healers, just because it's significantly weaker for my guild.

words of wisdom

+1 to both of you @Holy and @Tale :)

Also, if you haven't already, you should read what these dipshits are saying about you, your respective guilds and Ret spec in general here:

Info about classes' value
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=32772
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Avise » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:38 pm

If you're good enough to do descent dps as ret pala, you would do more dps as fury/mage/rogue/lock, since you're most likely a pretty good player.

Sure maybe it CAN be viable, but it's not good.
It is hard to win an argument with a smart person.
It is impossible to win an argument with an idiot.
Avise
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:01 pm

or let say with all the bugsfixed you would also do competitive dps to some degree too.
Especially in further patch where our items get revamp and suit our abilities.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Avise » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:54 pm

would still do twice the dps if you were fury
It is hard to win an argument with a smart person.
It is impossible to win an argument with an idiot.
Avise
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:09 am

Avise wrote:would still do twice the dps if you were fury

currently they do 700 dps , if they do twice they would been doing 1400 dps which sadly this never happen.

with fixed bugs we will do at least 800 - 900 dps which is not far from 1100 dps. (especially in further raids in further patch) where we get better gear .

even that i believe the top retri in server are still not "tryhard" dpsing and using all the consumes for this.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Imbaslap » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:12 am

smilkovpetko wrote:

currently they do 700 dps , if they do twice they would been doing 1400 dps which sadly this never happen.

with fixed bugs we will do at least 800 - 900 dps which is not far from 1100 dps. (especially in further raids in further patch) where we get better gear .

even that i believe the top retri in server are still not "tryhard" dpsing and using all the consumes for this.

what you mean using all consumables? tales and holystrike already do that. this is not shitfeenix kid. sorry to burst your pally bubble. but please get a clue. you basically called them shit players who dunno how to dps on a spec that is not optimized. despite the bugs you proclaim to be bugged, you are skewing numbers on fights with AOE. golemagg with 2 dogs in inflate numbers. your single target comparison should be ebonroc & Flamegore as the boss does not do anything detrimental to your dps and stands still...

here is your ideal ST fights:
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/FightOverallOverview.aspx?FightName=Ebonroc&realm=NRB&ClassLimit=Pa
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/FightOverallOverview.aspx?FightName=Flamegor&realm=NRB&ClassLimit=Pa

holystrike is still 480-520 dps avg on single target with current content gear and every consumable that is intended to work correctly as in Retail WoW Vanilla(not shit feenix).

please try and rebuttle this. :lol:
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:32 am

Imbaslap wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:

what you mean using all consumables? tales and holystrike already do that. this is not shitfeenix kid. sorry to burst your pally bubble. but please get a clue. you basically called them shit players who dunno how to dps on a spec that is not optimized. despite the bugs you proclaim to be bugged, you are skewing numbers on fights with AOE. golemagg with 2 dogs in inflate numbers. your single target comparison should be ebonroc & Flamegore as the boss does not do anything detrimental to your dps and stands still...

here is your ideal ST fights:
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/FightOverallOverview.aspx?FightName=Ebonroc&realm=NRB&ClassLimit=Pa
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/FightOverallOverview.aspx?FightName=Flamegor&realm=NRB&ClassLimit=Pa

holystrike is still 480-520 dps avg on single target with current content gear and every consumable that is intended to work correctly as in Retail WoW Vanilla(not shit feenix).

please try and rebuttle this. :lol:

first of all , you have to ask holystrike and talesavo if they even used all the consumes or not .

I heard that holystrike is not even using flask or not even filling his buffs with all the "beneficial" buffs/consumes to fill his buff limit .

There is list which is called :
Elixir of mongoose
Flask of supreme power
elemental sharpening stone
2x demonic rune per bossfight
2x major mana potion per bossfight
greater arcane elixir
elixir of brute force
elixir of giants
elixir of the sages
scroll of strength iv
scroll of agility iv
scroll of spirit iv
scroll of intellect iv
all the buffs that exist from classes
and some other pots/world buffs

i doubt they wasted such amount of gold for this ^ to play tryhard and poke those meters especially where they are not allowed to stack multiple judges and get boosted by disc priest etc .

unlike that, warriors are all getting boosted by hunter and many other stuffs in raid where paladins are not getting this pleasure.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Imbaslap » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:38 am

elixir of brute force
elixir of giants
elixir of the sages
scroll of strength iv
scroll of agility iv
scroll of spirit iv
scroll of intellect iv
do not stack with AI, fort, or eachother.
again... please get a clue.

bis str consume is 30str juju.
40 ap juju = ap
winterfall firewater. = ap
mongoose = agi
flask of supreme = SP
greater arcane elixir = SP
elemental sharp stone = crit
bogling root - phys dmg
TSA - AP
Feral aura - crit

that is it..... that's how it was on retail kid.

those scrolls or elixirs DO NOT STACK kid.. please again get a fucking clue.
this is not shit feenix.

best advice for anyone that came from a feenix server.. is to forget everything you learned from that server. :)
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:57 am

Imbaslap wrote:elixir of brute force
elixir of giants
elixir of the sages
scroll of strength iv
scroll of agility iv
scroll of spirit iv
scroll of intellect iv
do not stack with AI, fort, or eachother.
again... please get a clue.

bis str consume is 30str juju.
40 ap juju = ap
winterfall firewater. = ap
mongoose = agi
flask of supreme = SP
greater arcane elixir = SP
elemental sharp stone = crit
bogling root - phys dmg
TSA - AP
Feral aura - crit

that is it..... that's how it was on retail kid.

those scrolls or elixirs DO NOT STACK kid.. please again get a fucking clue.
this is not shit feenix.

best advice for anyone that came from a feenix server.. is to forget everything you learned from that server. :)

still doesn't change my point where :

first of all , you have to ask holystrike and talesavo if they even used all the consumes or not .

I heard that holystrike is not even using flask or not even filling his buffs with all the "beneficial" buffs/consumes to fill his buff limit .

i doubt they wasted such amount of gold for this ^ to play tryhard and poke those meters especially where they are not allowed to stack multiple judges and get boosted by disc priest etc .

unlike that, warriors are all getting boosted by hunter and many other stuffs in raid where paladins are not getting this pleasure.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Imbaslap » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:59 am

your point? of what.. that it doesn't matter and not worth the gold/effort considering it can only do subpar numbers on ST fights? yes. :)
welcome to blizzlike.
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin