Is ret pally viable

Is ret pally viable

by Raidriar » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:22 am

I never played vanilla, so I don't know a lot. I heard that basically only holy is viable for raiding. Is this true, because I want to be a pally and I want to raid, but I don't want to heal. I wanna hit things.
Raidriar
Tester

Re: Is ret pally viable

by Holystrike » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:34 am

Completely with the right gear and consumables,

These are some of the DPS samples i pulled from our BWL raid on stationary non-undead targets I will aim for higher next week. As content progresses the spec becomes far stronger, moving into AQ40 where rets go from 0 to gaining close to 150 spell damage unbuffed in full t2.5, and from there into Naxx where they gain 20 Yard range unlimited target holy damage aoe which can crit each target for up to 1.5k, and a 30yd instant cast on a 15 second cd which can crit for 1.5k holy damage.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=25679
Last edited by Holystrike on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by moodirun123 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:13 am

Short answer .. yes
moodirun123
Sergeant
Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:59 am

I don't think it's a viable for raid DPS, but for PvP I think it is.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Holystrike » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:08 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:I don't think it's a viable for raid DPS, but for PvP I think it is.

500 Dps is extremely viable

look at the majority of raids and compare the damage, what is this opinion based on?

seems like a view warped by old stereotypes... rather then based on proven results.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by eqwoop » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Holystrike wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:I don't think it's a viable for raid DPS, but for PvP I think it is.

You thought wrong.

How long did it took you to do that much dps?Were you always playing retribution(not changing to holy for raids etc.)?And which guide you think is the best.
eqwoop
Tester

by Holystrike » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:41 pm

I would say the two paladins who have provided alot of information for players on Nostalrius within the forums; and have a deep understanding of the class, would be Theloras and Smilkovpetko (Killerduki) and their guides generally provide a good jumping point for getting into the class.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DrearyYew » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 pm

Holystrike wrote:Theloras and Smilkovpetko (Killerduki)

Theloras is the man, I can't disagree with a single thing he has said on these forums.

I generally agree with Duki, but the one point he firmly believes in that I can't see is that Intellect is more important than Strength point for point for Ret DPS. It has value, but not even close to being on par with Strength.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by rooik » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:17 pm

--Snip--
Last edited by Leythia on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
<NOPE>
rooik
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:20 pm

-
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Next

Return to Paladin