Paladin Tank Retail pre 1.9 patch

Re: Paladin Tank Retail pre 1.9 patch

by smilkovpetko » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:08 am

Killstick wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:You know nothing about efficiency , if you want efficiency you should have from every single spec in your raid in order to have best tools for every single Boss in Game that exist, which make Paladin and Druid also efficient due to their far greater benefits toward "specific" fights which are much better on those fights than Warriors.

If you take a prot paladin along its mostly to clear some niche stuff. Or to speed up the raid a bit. The paladin, while they may be able to MT, will never be MT because it will slow down the clear.

Go healer, pick up those offset pieces for prot, save the money to respec frequently if you are ever needed to tank.
Even then i think you will only be allowed to go prot for trash clear or farm content. I don't think thats anything a hardcore raider is looking for. It can be fun a few times but you want to do either progression raiding or PvP. noone gives an ass about farmed content.

In the end you gotta deal with the fact that you are up against a huge bias. I think you approach it smart by posting video's of clearing stuff. But tbh i was expecting atleast some MC/ZG stuff by now. I think joining a guild a going prot from the start is a bad move. Might be you will have to go holy first to prove you have knowledge of the game, encounters and want to put some time in towards a guild.

Perhaps you can tell me that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXV1lqIJr9w

This is not a good move to turn your raid in more efficient way? where 80% of the progressing Guild wipefest in this particular fight due to "unable to do his job" Hunters or to survive those adds? Right. Now go Holy if you want to heal and stop Preaching trash that makes non sense .

In every single raid you bring 3 or 4 tanks , and you know what is the role of your 3rd and 4th Warrior Tank ? J\ust another wasted slot with trash tank that can't be even 2nd on Threat list of a Boss that is immune to Taunt or can't even tank good during Trash clearing like Paladin does. Is that your so called efficiency ?! .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by justclassic » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:12 am

smilkovpetko wrote:

This has never been officially confirmed by Blizzard

Good Luck.

True, many things were never confirmed by blizzard. Actually most of more indepths theorycrafting was never confirmed in a blue post or anything else.

BUT! Blizzard told us that WoW Works with a combat table system. And this system works exactly like memegank explained some posts ago.

There is nothing cheesy or unsure about this. If there is no empty space on the combat table than there is a 0% chance for that action to happen.

---> If you have 102,4% Avoidance you will never be crushed as it is impossible by the way damage calculation works in WoW.

Think of it like a dice which has 100 sides. You can roll as often as you want if there is no side which reads "crushing" you will never roll that event.
justclassic
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:32 am

justclassic wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:

This has never been officially confirmed by Blizzard

Good Luck.

True, many things were never confirmed by blizzard. Actually most of more indepths theorycrafting was never confirmed in a blue post or anything else.

BUT! Blizzard told us that WoW Works with a combat table system. And this system works exactly like memegank explained some posts ago.

There is nothing cheesy or unsure about this. If there is no empty space on the combat table than there is a 0% chance for that action to happen.

---> If you have 102,4% Avoidance you will never be crushed as it is impossible by the way damage calculation works in WoW.

Think of it like a dice which has 100 sides. You can roll as often as you want if there is no side which reads "crushing" you will never roll that event.

When you report in bugtracker in this server , you know what isvv team request from you ?

Official evidence which is with anecdotal evidence that include official statements and not rumors .

Anything that doesn't include this ^ or gives 100% evidence goes automatic to "invalid" .

Now the statement from Wowwiki just destroyed all your good day and good morning with your theory and made it "invalid" .
Good luck.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Memegank » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:58 am

Good thing it's working perfectly fine here on Nostalrius so there is nothing for the isvv team to diagnose.

You can continue living in blissful ignorance receiving crushing blows as a paladin tank, while the entire warrior population will be happy in the knowledge that they are safe from being crushed while shield block is up.
Memegank
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:01 pm

Memegank wrote:Good thing it's working perfectly fine here on Nostalrius so there is nothing for the isvv team to diagnose.

You can continue living in blissful ignorance receiving crushing blows as a paladin tank, while the entire warrior population will be happy in the knowledge that they are safe from being crushed while shield block is up.

let analyze your theory - crushing blows

let say you are for some reason correct in server.

let see how it will work in server :
Warrior - Shield Block = 2 hits immune to crushing blow leaving next 2 hits with 60% chance to eat Crushing Blows before new Shield Block is ready.
Paladin - Holy Shield = 4 hits to reduce Crushing blow to 15% and until the 4 hits are taken new Holy Shield is ready.

This mean = Warrior have bigger chance by far to eat Crushing Blows compare to Paladin over 3 minutes.

And don't continue with trashtalk pls.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Memegank » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:19 pm

I swear you're just trolling now or just can't understand the concept of a roll-based attack table (an idea common to many MMO and tabletop RPGs) because you obviously didn't read the numbers I posted.

If you are defense capped, the chance for a boss to crush your can never exceed 15%, full stop.

Following your example:
Warrior - Shield Block = 2 hits immune to crushing blow leaving next 2 hits with 15% chance to eat Crushing Blows before new Shield Block is ready.
Paladin - Holy Shield = 4 hits to reduce Crushing blow to ~10% and until the 4 hits are taken new Holy Shield is ready.

But what you fail to mention is that most bosses have a 2.5 second swing timer so in most of cases, shield block is up again before the boss has a chance to hit you (and possibly crush you).

Paladin tanks eat more crushing blows than Warriors, this is universally accepted among the vanilla community, end of story.
Memegank
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Memegank wrote:I swear you're just trolling now or just can't understand the concept of a roll-based attack table (an idea common to many MMO and tabletop RPGs) because you obviously didn't read the numbers I posted.

If you are defense capped, the chance for a boss to crush your can never exceed 15%, full stop.

Following your example:
Warrior - Shield Block = 2 hits immune to crushing blow leaving next 2 hits with 15% chance to eat Crushing Blows before new Shield Block is ready.
Paladin - Holy Shield = 4 hits to reduce Crushing blow to ~10% and until the 4 hits are taken new Holy Shield is ready.

But what you fail to mention is that most bosses have a 2.5 second swing timer so in most of cases, shield block is up again before the boss has a chance to hit you (and possibly crush you).

Paladin tanks eat more crushing blows than Warriors, this is universally accepted among the vanilla community, end of story.

so how many bosses and who are those bosses that hit each 2.5 seconds ?!

Even if that , it doesn't change the fact :

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p233226
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Imbaslap » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:41 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
Killstick wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:You know nothing about efficiency , if you want efficiency you should have from every single spec in your raid in order to have best tools for every single Boss in Game that exist, which make Paladin and Druid also efficient due to their far greater benefits toward "specific" fights which are much better on those fights than Warriors.

If you take a prot paladin along its mostly to clear some niche stuff. Or to speed up the raid a bit. The paladin, while they may be able to MT, will never be MT because it will slow down the clear.

Go healer, pick up those offset pieces for prot, save the money to respec frequently if you are ever needed to tank.
Even then i think you will only be allowed to go prot for trash clear or farm content. I don't think thats anything a hardcore raider is looking for. It can be fun a few times but you want to do either progression raiding or PvP. noone gives an ass about farmed content.

In the end you gotta deal with the fact that you are up against a huge bias. I think you approach it smart by posting video's of clearing stuff. But tbh i was expecting atleast some MC/ZG stuff by now. I think joining a guild a going prot from the start is a bad move. Might be you will have to go holy first to prove you have knowledge of the game, encounters and want to put some time in towards a guild.

Perhaps you can tell me that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXV1lqIJr9w

This is not a good move to turn your raid in more efficient way? where 80% of the progressing Guild wipefest in this particular fight due to "unable to do his job" Hunters or to survive those adds? Right. Now go Holy if you want to heal and stop Preaching trash that makes non sense .

In every single raid you bring 3 or 4 tanks , and you know what is the role of your 3rd and 4th Warrior Tank ? J\ust another wasted slot with trash tank that can't be even 2nd on Threat list of a Boss that is immune to Taunt or can't even tank good during Trash clearing like Paladin does. Is that your so called efficiency ?! .

please stop using bugged video evidence on a bugged emulated server. I understand you're a huge fanboy of killerduki but that server he was on is complete trash in regards to scripts and gameplay mechanics during vanilla wow. you can just kill the mobs on razer, use pally tank to kite, hunters to kite, or the good OLD SCHOOL method of battleshout/demo shout figure 8 kite from retail vanilla wow.

using an example from an emulated server to prove your point on another emulated server makes no sense what so ever. link footage from legit 2005/2006 retail vanilla wow videos to support your arguments please. no one cares what shenanigans happened on some backwater emulated server years ago.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by rooik » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:53 pm

Imbaslap wrote: I understand you're a huge fanboy of killerduk.

cuz it's Killerduki
<NOPE>
rooik
Grunt
Grunt

by Imbaslap » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:26 pm

rooik wrote:
Imbaslap wrote: I understand you're a huge fanboy of killerduk.

cuz it's Killerduki

was he the Justin bieber of feenix or something? because I never heard of this kid on any official blizzard servers from 2005 to now.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Previous

Return to Paladin