Seal of Command and Weapon Speed

Seal of Command and Weapon Speed

by Tharius » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:36 pm

I've finally replaced my Destiny with Obsidian Edged Blade recently. I was excited to finally be able to use Seal of Command until I realized the speed is only 3.4 on OEB. Through testing I'm not really sure what actually does more damage on a long term fight.

At what weapon speed is it worth using Seal of Command over Seal of the Crusader?
Tharius
Tester

Re: Seal of Command and Weapon Speed

by trorsmang » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:17 pm

3.4 is slow enough for command. Honestly though it really depends on your gear.

Id stick with crusader if you are in melee dps type of gear with no spell power (str agi gear). Most ret pallies I inspect are in like fury war type of dps gear. If you are using rk 10 pvp set or any type of hybrid spell power set then definitely go with command and your procs will scale with spell power (or should, could be broken here)
trorsmang
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DrearyYew » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:20 am

Command does scale with Spell Power. 20% with normal spell power, and 125% with holy spell power (Judgement of the Crusader). Even using Command, the only PvP piece that is BiS are the gloves.

At 3.4 speed, I would just use Crusader. 3.5 is really the cutoff. 3.4 speed gives you a 39.67% chance to proc, and considering the low damage on the weapon relative to 3.8 speeds, you should just use Crusader.

It's also worth mentioning that using Crusader increases your Consecrate damage, whereas Command does not.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Theloras » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:52 am

The one thing you absolutely should take note of is the fact that Seal of Command is not a normalized attack as is the case with all instant yellow attacks performed by Warriors. Whereas their attacks were normalized to be based around a swing speed of 3.3 (ie: Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst etc), SoC is merely normalized around its statistical ability to proc 7 times per minute based on your weapon's swing speed.

This means that the slower the weapon the better - with an ideal swing speed at 3.8

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ 7 / (60 / 3.2) ] = 37.3% proc chance
[ 7 / (60 / 3.3) ] = 38.5% proc chance
[ 7 / (60 / 3.4) ] = 39.6% proc chance
[ 7 / (60 / 3.5) ] = 40.8% proc chance
[ 7 / (60 / 3.6) ] = 41.9% proc chance
[ 7 / (60 / 3.7) ] = 43.1% proc chance
[ 7 / (60 / 3.8) ] = 44.3% proc chance
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant