Farming gold as prot paladin?

Farming gold as prot paladin?

by Sakuraba » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:35 pm

What is your favorite ways of farming gold as prot paladin?
Can you farm the lashers in DM east like priests/mages do? Is it efficient?

Can you solo any other dungeons for great profit?

I'm kind of debating wheather i should roll a mage or a paladin to have some fun + farm gold on at the side. Obviously mages will be the better farmer if all i wanted was to go for maximum profit potential, but i find the paladin class more dynamic and would love to know if i can still make decent gold on it.
Sakuraba
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Farming gold as prot paladin?

by Rhoen » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:39 pm

sakura im a prot paladin(due to my guild not needing me as full holy for piss easy present content) in full t1 with hand of edward the odd and an assortment of block gear/mp5. Honestly farming diremaul is probably easier for prot paladins then priests, I also never need to drink.
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by thargo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:01 pm

In my experience you don't need to run prot. My paladin stays holy all the time and I have no problem doing all the AOE grinding spots such as DM east. It's really only your gear that matters.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13243 with a thorium shield spike is my favourite piece for the spots I can pull extra large groups. Pretty much 100% up time when 20 or so mobs are hitting you every second. Though having sanctuary does add a lot of dmg.
thargo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:22 pm

roll pure prot with consecration and def gear , nothing better than that for aoe farming gold (demons) in felwood , or if you are def cap run to the caves without eating daze and aoe mobs once you get to your thorium veins.

Prot is by far the best for farming gold compare to any other spec.

Just example (the most insane aoe pull) that no other class would or can do it even with healer on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPeUCinVckA

but this is just mobs that hit extremely hard , so i had to use healer.

in felwood solo you can so damn easy farm 10-15 demons at once and gather so much felcloth and collect extra extra amount of gold.

Don't regret! do it and enjoy your gold .

Even in Diremaul the same story with aoe , as defcap gear you will barely eat some damage , sow/jow so you never oom and can always spam max rank consecration .
also enjoy your gold like that , rhoen is right as prot you can do it so easy.
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Armilus » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:25 pm

I imagine you could probably solo the elite demons in winterspring, not sure how good the gold is. I know one of our prot warriors does, I'm sure a paladin would have higher damage against demons.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Paladin