This pally forum does not reflect the server.

This pally forum does not reflect the server.

by kanem » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:11 pm

99% of pallies raid as holy. By looking at this forum you would think that pallies carry dps in raids. The ret/tank circlejerk is so hard it is hard to find useful information for the way the majority of raiding pally players on this server to find information. The other class sections are great.

Trying to sift through all this stuff that isn't applicable to the majority of players is frustrating when trying to start out. The only stickied posts for holy pallies atm are Geld's guide, which is 20 pounds of shit in a 10 pound bag. And a list that is inaccurate and has stuff that isn't in the game yet.

1 out of 6 stickied topics are about only healing. I know that killerduki, jcarrilo, and theloras contribute the most content on this forum, but it is really skewing this forum in a direction that isn't indicative of the actual server.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: This pally forum does not reflect the server.

by Kasen » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:24 pm

The Holy pre-raid/raid BiS threads are on the 1st page, Talent spec thread is sticky.
Or you want to discuss how to spam Flash of Light the whole day?
Kasen
Sergeant
Sergeant

by kanem » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:34 pm

Crit vs Healing Theory crafted out to a formula that shows it not being linear that way you could tune it to your gear level. A discussion on judgements and debuffs slots. An accurate pre-raid and not pre-raid bis lists.Healing scaling with different spells. I have heard Holy Light doesn't scale correctly, but only through tribal knowledge. Useful addon's or macros specific to paladins. I have a hard time believing that there are not little tricks that pallies can do to improve other than just picking who to flash of light.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kanem » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:37 pm

It might just be due to the nature of a hybrid class, which I have never played before. Combined with my lack of skill at sifting through the massive amount of info, but I have never had this much difficulty finding things applicable to raiding as the spec I am supposed to be.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DrearyYew » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Everyone knows how to play Holy. A million people have played it, and there isn't much to discuss. FoL spam and that's it.

Ret on the other hand has a reputation of being unviable, largely due to the shitshow that ret was in retail vanilla. However, they are completely viable with 1.12.1 talents and spells. People forget optimal and viable are two different things. Rets are far from optimal, but are far from unviable. This fact is highly debated, and is the source of most of the Ret discussion. However the discussion has become complete retardation on both sides.

Prot is just... ugh, Duki tries really hard to make it viable, but it just isn't, and he blindly defends Prot so vehemently. The second a Warrior gets raid gear, a Prot Paladin is useless outside of Suppression Room and Nef Skeletons. INB4 he shows up to this thread with a long, completely incomprehensible post about how good Prot Paladin really is, he does that shit in ANY thread where tanks are mentioned, and posts shit all over the mechanics forums, it's just sad, really.

And I'm glad you didn't include me in that list of people that contribute to this subforum... I feel like I have contributed quite a lot here, but I really would rather not be in the company of those you mentioned.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Theloras » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Kasen wrote:Or you want to discuss how to spam Flash of Light the whole day?

OMG This made me spit out my coffee laughing LOL!!!!
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Theloras » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:42 pm

DrearyYew wrote:And I'm glad you didn't include me in that list of people that contribute to this subforum... I feel like I have contributed quite a lot here, but I really would rather not be in the company of those you mentioned.

Not even me?!?!?

/SadPants
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by kanem » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:12 pm

DrearyYew wrote:And I'm glad you didn't include me in that list of people that contribute to this subforum... I feel like I have contributed quite a lot here, but I really would rather not be in the company of those you mentioned.

Your posts have been helpful. I was reading your Bis list and I was wondering why it isn't stickied over the post that was. Thank you for contributing.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:28 am

DrearyYew wrote:Prot is just... ugh, Duki tries really hard to make it viable, but it just isn't, and he blindly defends Prot so vehemently. The second a Warrior gets raid gear, a Prot Paladin is useless outside of Suppression Room and Nef Skeletons. INB4 he shows up to this thread with a long, completely incomprehensible post about how good Prot Paladin really is, he does that shit in ANY thread where tanks are mentioned, and posts shit all over the mechanics forums, it's just sad, really.

Let analyze why it is viable :

1 raid consist 4 Tanks.
Main and Offtank usual play biggest role , other 2 tanks are just assist for trash tanking 99% of the time .

Let see next :

Boss that is immune on Taunt , If the maintank die or fail to gain the aggro = 100% wipe .
Paladin Task there : Being 2nd on Threat list since he don't need to build rage and with spell damage this is extremely easy achieved thus won't waste time to damage dealers to stop.
Result : No wipe and easy kill since paladin tank took it over.

He can stay near melee/tanks and benefit with his aura, he can cleanse inside risky spots where none healer can stay .

In the raid only 1-2 Warrior Tanks out of 4 Tanks are "Viable" , where the other 2 tanks doing basically shit and are junk compare to Paladin Tank , they contribute 3 times lesser than Paladin Tank due to poor aoe , poor assistance and are used only for nightfall or trash t anking.

Aggro - Paladin is best Aggro maker on Single and by far the best Aggro maker on AOE , if you manage proper stuffs , the run will be always fastest and damage dealers will always burn up like nerds without worry about "overaggro" which is impossible to take it away from skilled Paladin Tank.

Mana - never issue if you are skilled enough , you don't stop to drink at all and you just run forward thus speeding up the run by margins.

If you thinking on which tank to choose as 2nd tank in your raid , it should be always Paladin over Warriors due to it's great benefit as Offtank compare to Warrior as Trashtank as Offtank.

Fights where Paladin Tanks are far better than Warrior on Maintanking :

"far better than warriors/druids"

Garr = Single Paladin Maintank can do the job of 4 Warrior Tanks and 4 Warlocks combined.
Sulfuron Harbinger = Single Paladin Maintank can do the job of 3 Warrior Tanks.
Ouro = Single Paladin Can AOE all Trash and Tank the Boss at same time.
The Prophet Skeram = Paladin can Solo Tank Boss together with his Clones.
Broodlord = Where this is Warriors Main Aggro Issue , Paladin is doing 3 times more Aggro and Damage Dealers don't have to wait at all.
Neffarian = Paladin's don't need Berserker Stance and Holy Damage can still increase Aggro when Boss use Paladin Class Call.
Thaddius = Paladin increases it's Melee and Spell at a same time with the debuffs, this affect extremely his Threats compare to Poor Warriors so Damage Dealers can go crazy nuking.
C'thun = Paladin Can Tank the Claws at p3 and Heal at same time.
Kel'Thuzad = Exorcism is the best "Taunt" anytime when boss does his Mindcontrol and wipe out everyone's aggro, Meanwhile Warriors have enormous issue because Boss is immune to Taunt.
Onyxia = Aoe babys + immune to Taunt <3.

And at the end of the day :

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 8473_o.jpg

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 7949_o.jpg

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 8017_o.jpg

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 0711_o.jpg

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 1276_o.jpg

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 6300_o.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXV1lqIJr9w

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56D2294E

Yes they are Viable.

Please next time don't trashtalk regarding something you have no clue how to play , because you are the first that talk shit regarding healing and putting Int with +heal at same league where Int is better stat.

First of all you have no evidence neither any approval formula to prove your claims , where i already have every single evidence and argument compare to you.

And then again you say that i am talking shits. .. right. Good luck
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by DrearyYew » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:58 am

Fucking called it

DrearyYew wrote: INB4 he shows up to this thread with a long, completely incomprehensible post about how good Prot Paladin really is
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Paladin