What rank is "best"?

What rank is "best"?

by Wrathran » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:29 pm

What rank is best. Also how long is a string?
No but seriously.

How do you Paladins decide what rank to use for different spells? Specially for healing.

With a lot of +healing I know you can down-rank heals and this is what I have done. I use as low rank I can that still heals enough in dungeons, think I am using rank 3 flask of light right now and rank 5 Holy Light (I have 294heal). Is that a good way to decided what rank to use?

Do people keybind differens ranks of same spells? What ranks do people use in PvP and Raids? Is it different in raids and pvp?
Wrathran
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: What rank is "best"?

by JCarrill0 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:38 pm

this question is vast, many palaidn players have different ideas, suggestions, and opinions.

narrow the question down. Are you wanting a certain spec? like just healing as a holy paladin?
also are you wanting just PvE idea or both PvP as well?
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Nugeneration » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:21 pm

I prefer rank 1 FoL for non-progression.

1FoL/4FoL for progression I also used Holy Light 3 or 4 as well in retail. I hear HL is bugged here so grain of salt that suggestion.
Nugeneration
Grunt
Grunt

by DrearyYew » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:43 pm

Since my gear is good enough to not give a fuck about my mana pool, I just use Rank 6 FoL. R1 when there is no damage just to keep myself doing something while waiting for someone to take damage.

I pretty much only use Holy Light when tanks need extra healing and I have Divine Favor up, so the only rank I have bound is Rank 8, and when AQ hits, I will remove Rank 8 and bind Rank 9.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wargly13 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:56 pm

Just spam best ranks with consumables, when people lose few health or whne you feel like you will go oom use rank 1s, they are good enough with enough +healing&BoL.Ive got almost +800healing and specced holy, FoL rank 1 hits for 520 with Bol and 880 with best rank FoL. 2250 Holy Light with best rank of it, 800 with rank 1.(Rank 1 HL scales much worse because it is under 20 level) But HL got +400 from when the FoL got +115. both rank 1s are 35 mana while fol best rank is 140, HL is 580. So if you are sure that you wont go oom. Use best ranks, if u sense u wont last long enough go for rank 1s they are enough when all healers are good enough, no reason to use other ranks. Rank 2 FoL uses almost %50 more mana just for +40healing(560 instead of 520) totally not worth. You may want to downrank your HL to rank 4 so it scales as it should be and would hit around 1150 for 190 mana.
Wargly13
Private
Private

Return to Paladin