Spell Power Retribution BiS - Updated for AQ

Re: Spell Power Retribution BiS - Updated for AQ

by DrearyYew » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:15 am

I did some internal calculations, and even if Blazefury and Retributer stacked (which I don't believe they do based on the fact that they are character modifiers and use the same modifier ID) SoR would be more damage. The main reason for this is that while Vengeance would proc more often, it would only apply to Auto Attacks and Consecrate. Even with just the 2 fire damage procs, your uptime on Vengeance should be hilariously high.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Theloras » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:22 am

DrearyYew wrote:I did some internal calculations, and even if Blazefury and Retributer stacked (which I don't believe they do based on the fact that they are character modifiers and use the same modifier ID) SoR would be more damage. The main reason for this is that while Vengeance would proc more often, it would only apply to Auto Attacks and Consecrate. Even with just the 2 fire damage procs, your uptime on Vengeance should be hilariously high.

Yes, but currently procs like this are bugged and do not trigger Vengeance:

[PALADIN] Vengeance not proccing on "spell" crits
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=2825
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by DrearyYew » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:30 am

I could have sworn it was proccing... at least it was back when a guildie of mine and I were testing it a couple of months back. I'll have to take a look at that again when I respec.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Theloras » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:32 am

DrearyYew wrote:I could have sworn it was proccing... at least it was back when a guildie of mine and I were testing it a couple of months back. I'll have to take a look at that again when I respec.

unfortunately no they aren't - I have the +fire and +nature gloves

neither of their procs trigger Vengeance when they crit nor any weapon enchant (i.e.: Fiery or Lifesteal) or any trinket crit (i.e.: Maelstrom trinket)

TLDR - bugged as FUCK here on Nost...
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Softarunt » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:40 am

You cry so loud for fixes to improve paladin dps Theloras, but you happily embrace a Consecration scaling with AP
Last edited by Softarunt on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Softarunt
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Theloras » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:50 pm

Softarunt wrote:You cry so loud for fixes to improve paladin dps Theloras, but you happily embrace a Consecration scaling with AP. You're pathetic

um like wtf?

So I looked up all of your posts here on Nost and most of them are open trolls/rebuttals of either posts that I wrote up or ones that I chimed in on...

Who's pathetic now?

As far as Consecration scaling with AP, the devs here decided to leave it as is - not much I can do bro.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Softarunt » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:14 pm

I was never much of a forum person but looking at the state of this paladin section, in combination with some of the stuff you've written on peenix forums and bug reporter... I usually keep calm and refrain from personal assaults you have my apology there

As for consecration, you say "not much I can do bro", but I'm pretty sure it would be different if the bug was instead affecting you negatively. There are many people out there who report bugs because they want stuff to simply work properly, while you always only bothered with the stuff that would buff you beloved lolret specc
Softarunt
Sergeant
Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Softarunt wrote:I was never much of a forum person but looking at the state of this paladin section, in combination with some of the stuff you've written on peenix forums and bug reporter... I usually keep calm and refrain from personal assaults you have my apology there

As for consecration, you say "not much I can do bro", but I'm pretty sure it would be different if the bug was instead affecting you negatively. There are many people out there who report bugs because they want stuff to simply work properly, while you always only bothered with the stuff that would buff you beloved lolret specc

see softarunt , i was personally out there and trying my best to fix and give examples/evidence that consecration should not scale with attack power .

You know what was the answer i got?

Nano (nano)3 months ago
This topic is closed. Any other replies to this thread will be considered harassment and misuse of the bugtracker and you may find your ability to continue posting here revoked. This is your final warning.

and see there i even brough evidence which was ignored :

dusko gjurov (killerduki)25 days ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfmOkBY4Xtc
Uploaded on Nov 15, 2006

There is your evidence that Consecration should never scale with attack power in Vanilla
The only damage increase it gets is from Judgement of the Crusader and Zandalari Trinket (look careful at his buffs and enemy debuff)

dusko gjurov (killerduki)24 days ago
last edited by: dusko gjurov (killerduki) 24 days ago

and here we are again :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_jBM9Jkpk
Uploaded on Nov 5, 2006

watch at 6:29
this guy crit with melee swing that proc vengeance
he use consecration and his consecration tick 58
then he use seal of the crusade (attack power)
then he use consecration tick 50
then he use seal of wisdom (non attack power)
he got vengeance proc and consecrate tick again 58
he consecrate using seal of wisdom and vengeance
his consecrate tick again 58
his vengeance runs off
his consecrate tick again 50

Evidence - it didn't work with attack power and it only raise up with vengeance

Here is what i got as answer when i request to get review :

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 9976_o.jpg

and solution for that i gave to "put down the coefficient to 0"

you know the answer?

"this bug is not important right now to fix" , so they won't bother with that.

This is not Theloras problem m8 , theloras is playing the rule of what nostalrius let us live alike .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theloras » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:22 pm

@Softarunt - pretty much what Duki said.

We can only do so much but if the Nost Devs don't listen to us, there's not much we can do. As I said in my own Ret guide, you can be as Blizlike as you want in your theory crafting, but I am trying to be as realistic to the situation on the ground as possible.

As far as I know, only one bug report on the tracker has ever been brought back to life after being labelled Invalid:

Crowd Control Target Build Aggro on Healer
Link (link)20 days ago
Status changed from Invalid to Confirmed

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3585

And that only happened cause Duki pretty much bypassed Nano and went directly to Link instead - and this was after countless posts, emails and links to multiple video clips showing evidence.

TLDR - the Consecration bug was posted and denied by the Devs long before I started playing here.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Paladin