Ret Pve Tips/Guide

Re: Ret Pve Tips/Guide

by Imbaslap » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:24 am

Imbaslap wrote:
Xizt wrote:see wasnt that hard to just add something usefull. now maybe also add what consumeables to use what rank of spells for what situations maybe

"the greats don't reveal the secrets to the public. only people who think they are great do." ;)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Holystrike » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:27 am

rofl imbaslap >_< -_- ^^ D:< XD its emoticon city I think all apply
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:04 am

Holystrike wrote:@Theo

Lol dude im not going to applogise in reality this is exactly what has happened in this thread

No, you need a time out cause you have disrespected me of all people - the guy who has done more than any other single person for Retribution both here and back on Peenix.

Here's a little Nost specific context for you to chew on - I started playing here last April 2015 - and in the 10+ months since I started here, the Devs have fixed only TWO Paladin bugs, both of which aren't specifically to deal with Retribution:

Benediction doesn't affect Sotc
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=784

Reflective Damage is activating Auto-Attack prematurely and removing Reckoning charges as a result
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3622

That means that the rest of the Ret bugs are all still active and as a result we are all bug abusing on some level or another.

So what does this mean for us now and until these bugs are "lol confirmed" let alone fixed?

That there's no one way to play the class/spec. With everything so obscenely broken, you play to how you want to play. Even though I personally disagree with Duki's play style and gearset - specifically because SoC is broken and doesn't have its 0.5 second delay - I've included it in my guide as an option:

"To show that there's more than 1 way to play a Paladin - I've added Duki's spec/playtyle/gearset to the list as well:"

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 45#p245245

The same goes for Saphael's 1hand SoR guide and the same that Dreary put up as well where he advocates using Fiery Retributer. Just like me asking Smiter to post tips and tricks for using SotC in his raids.

Try treating people with some respect and it will be returned to you - I for one am done talking to you.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Holystrike » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:29 am

Holystrike wrote:
Theloras wrote:Holy - I hate to say it but you're kinda going off the deep end here man.

With the bugs and itemization the way they are here on Nostalrius, we have to play the cards we are dealt.

Also as far as comparing your DPS to Duki's toon back on Peenix, Consecration doesn't scale with AP there nor is SoC/JoC scaling at 100% of JotC iirc so that's not a fair comparison.

PS SoC/JoC scaling at 100% of JotC's +Holy dmg bonus is also technically bug abuse as well...

#JustSayin

We both know what you just said is ridiculous... at the rate holy damage is resisted on this server ret paladins are weaker then any other version of vanilla ive played... and the amount of bugs related to rets; jocr doesnt begin to offset the damage loss

and can you not pubicly advertise bug abusing on this server please... its bug abusing... deals less dps... and is setting a bad precedent for rets on the server as a result of both

You are upset about this post O_o i dont see how that is disrespectful in anyway... i mean respectfully,

A few posts ago I proved that my dps would have been higher then dukis even with all the nerfs he claims.

A bug is something which is broken

Abuse of a bug is the intentional exploitation of a mechanic to the benefit of yourself or others

And publicly advertising it is done through making threads like these which specifically outline source and refference how to do it.

SoCom and SoCr rotations are not comparable due to the socom being the legitimate rotation which was used on retail and through retail mechanics would yield the optimum DPS potentional the fact that SoCom is scaling well through JoCr is incidental...

Where as intentionally using SoCr when you are actively aware that it is indeed broken, is intentional bug abuse and exploitation of the mechanic... Not incidental at all and not at all how this game was intended to be played using blizzard mechanics.... and yes bugs are active which actively nerf our dps but that does not mean we should resort to exploiting...
If you take this personally then thats your own deal i guess...
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:51 am

@Duki
You started this and i intend to finish it.

1st I proved my damage is equal if not better then Talesavo's considering I am in far worse gear and immolation oil grants up to 100 DPS with flasks and full buffs rolling

Talesavo did not even raid as retribution and did never DPS Black Wing Lair.

Only Raid he did as DPS is Molten Core , where on every single meter he top you out by Miles , thus Immolation oil in server is banable so i am assuming that he did not use this at all.

2nd Other paladins? I assume you were reffering to yourself?

That was clearly for Nostalrius , i was not reffering for any other server or myself.

But since you took a shot on me it is about time to repeat the things you completely ignored .

So I compared your damage to mine to demonstrate that even though you had litterally over 100 more spell damage then me unbuffed other paladins are still pulling less dps in better gear.

100 Spell damage unbuffed , no matter if i used Flask or not .

Spell Damage did never increase damage to Seal of Command and Judgement of Command in Peenix

if you reread my post it reffered to single target dps because as we both know aoe fights are entirely situational and are not always an accurate reflection of dps output it all depends on how many mobs get stacked.

I repeat again previous words that you completely ignoring .

Consecration :
Currently on Nostalrius scale 33% with Attack Power and 33% with Spell Power (which you can have both stats to fit the maximum damage).
On other Server (will not mention the name) : had static 80 dmg/tick and scale 5% with Spell Power only

Results : Nostalrius you can go beyond 200 easy if you use proper gearing/consumes , Other server will never go more than 120 unless vengeance and tons amount of spell damage .

Seal of Command:
Currently on Nostalrius scale 100% from Holy damage , and scale properly from Spell damage and doesn't work with Sanctity Aura
On other Server (will not mention the name): did scale properly from holy damage (29%) and did not scale from Spell damage and did not work with Sanctity aura .

Results : Nostalrius you can go easy beyond significant numbers compare to other server.

Judgement of Command:
Currently on Nostalrius work with sanctity aura , scale too low from Spell Damage , scale 100% from Holy Damage .
On other Server (will not mention the name): did not scale from spell damage , did not scale from holy damage , did not work with sanctity aura.

Results: Nostalrius you can do magnificent DPS compare to other server.

Holy Resistance:
Both Servers had Holy Resistance , this is not changed and both server have the same Issue.

Are we clear enough here now ?

Nostalrius at very least , on Retribution Paladin part is much better and fixed compare to other server.

Wtf you have personally told me you intentionally used those items because on feenix they scaled ridiculously well with spell damage which is why you built your gear that way

Crap Blue items

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... Killerduki
Recheck Fingers , Recheck Cloak.

Let me remind you that Holystrike is using PVP Field Marshal Gear VS my BWL,MC,ZG Gear

Rank / name / SoC DPS / White DPS / White + SoC DPS /

3. / Ashkandi , Greatsword / SoC DPS 51.0 / White DPS 125.2 / White+SoC DPS 176.2 /

16 / Draconic Maul / SoC DPS 45.3 / White DPS 110.4 / White+SoC DPS 155.7 /

2% Crit Versus 40 Attack Power

Attack Power in Nostalrius Currently Bugged and Benefit Consecration which is another Bonus Benefit.

Assuming 30 DPS Difference or something more due to Nostalrius Beneficial Bug.

had far better working mechanics such as proc-crits activating vengeance and those "blues" scaling amazingly well on feenix you still deal less damage at your best.

Sorry but proc-crits from blues was confirmed in feenix but they was never fixed. They been working exactly same as Nostalrius .

And even on aoe fights such as your famous neff DPS record (where you should excell as your entire item build was a heavily based spell damage paladin) you are still doing less damage then i do on single target dps fights...

I have never seen more ignorant person which play Paladin in entire wow piracy servers.
(i will repeat again the differences and mark for you,because you tend to ignore them always)

Seal of Command:
-Currently on Nostalrius scale 100% from Holy damage , and scale properly from Spell damage and doesn't work with Sanctity Aura

-On other Server (will not mention the name): did scale properly from holy damage (29%) and did not scale from Spell damage and did not work with Sanctity aura .

Results : Nostalrius you can go easy beyond significant numbers compare to other server.

Judgement of Command:
-Currently on Nostalrius work with sanctity aura , scale too low from Spell Damage , scale 100% from Holy Damage .

On other Server (will not mention the name): did not scale from spell damage , did not scale from holy damage , did not work with sanctity aura.

Results: Nostalrius you can do magnificent DPS compare to other server.

Holy Resistance:
Both Servers had Holy Resistance , this is not changed and both server have the same Issue.

Nostalrius at very least , on Retribution Paladin part is much better and fixed compare to other server.

t2.5 and outgear me like crazy you

1st - i had 3 pieces from Aq40 everything else was BWL,MC,ZG Gear and Weapon was Draconic Maul

Finally wwwwwaaaaaayyyy more paladin mechanics are broken on nostalrius then feenix, I have looked through what has fixed there in comparison to here so dont even try to make that comparison lol

Shall i start with Comparison? ok.

Seal of Command :

-Nostalrius: Scale with 100% Holy Damage (beneficial bug) , Scale properly with Spell Damage , Does not work with Sanctity Aura , Don't have Delay (which is not any big deal at all) , does Partial Resist .

-Peenix : Scale with 29% Holy Damage , Does not scale with Spell Damage , Does not work with Sanctity Aura , Have Delay (which is not any big deal at all) , does Partial Resist , Does Full Resist .

Judgement of Command :

-Nostalrius: Scale with 100% Holy Damage (beneficial bug) , Scale low with Spell Damage , Work properly with Sanctity Aura , does partial resist , does full resist.

-Peenix : Scale with 29% Holy Damage , Does not scale with Spell Damage , Does not work with sanctity Aura, 30% of casts did not do any damage or resist and just wasted your mana for nothing , does partial resist , does full resist .

Hammer of Wrath :

-Nostalrius : Scale with Spell Damage , can resist , does partial resist.

-Peenix : Scale with Spell Damage , can miss , does Partial resist.

Consecration :

-Nostalrius : Scale with Spell Damage 33% , Scale with Attack Power 33% (beneficial bug) , Hits for high Range , work with sanctity aura.

-Peenix : Static damage 80/tick , Scale with Spell damage 5% , Hits too low range and should be under Onyxia,Neffarian in order to work, work with sanctity aura.

Seal of the Crusader :

-Nostalrius: Increase Attack Power that can be abused for Consecration , Does not scale down each attack.

-Peenix : Increase Attack Power does not work with Consecration , It goes down damage each attack.

Proc items :

-Nostalrius : Proc normal , Scale with Spell Damage by high amount, does not proc Vengeance

-Peenix : Proc High , Scale extremely low with Spell damage , does not proc Vengeance

Holy Resistance :

Both servers Nostalrius and Peenix have same issue.

and you are telling me which server has more bugged abilities?
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:56 am

by Holystrike » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:29 am
A few posts ago I proved that my dps would have been higher then dukis even with all the nerfs he claims.

A bug is something which is broken

Orly?

Let see what does Bug List will say about this :

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 50#p247274

You proved nothing but just clueless person which until i "advice" to use Maelstrom and Agility you was barely doing 200 dps , even worse than Smiter.

Clueless and providing Bugtracker False info too :

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=418

holystrike (holy_strike)8 months ago
As quoted directly from Blizzard WoW Patch Burning Crusade Patch 2.0.1 "(05-Dec-2006): Consecration doesn't scale with attack power anymore."

It scaled with ap throughout the entire existance of vanilla and this was only removed during the burning crusade

Daemon (devdaemon)8 months ago
Holystrike is right.
Report is invalid.

Status changed from Confirmed to Invalid

Unlike Abusers (without giving sources) i am providing proper info posting Evidence

dusko gjurov (killerduki)25 days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfmOkBY4Xtc
Uploaded on Nov 15, 2006

There is your evidence that Consecration should never scale with attack power in Vanilla
The only damage increase it gets is from Judgement of the Crusader and Zandalari Trinket (look careful at his buffs and enemy debuff)

dusko gjurov (killerduki)24 days ago
last edited by: dusko gjurov (killerduki) 24 days ago

and here we are again :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_jBM9Jkpk
Uploaded on Nov 5, 2006

watch at 6:29
this guy crit with melee swing that proc vengeance
he use consecration and his consecration tick 58
then he use seal of the crusade (attack power)
then he use consecration tick 50
then he use seal of wisdom (non attack power)
he got vengeance proc and consecrate tick again 58
he consecrate using seal of wisdom and vengeance
his consecrate tick again 58
his vengeance runs off
his consecrate tick again 50

Evidence - it didn't work with attack power and it only raise up with vengeance
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Holystrike » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:04 am

lol I think you need to reread some of the posts man...

at the end of the day your dps in T2.5 is definitely lower then mine even without me using T2.5, so the argument is over.

Remember that time I revised your Pre-Raid and End Game BIS list over skype and found that half the items you chose were completely wrong? That was kind of funny schooled you pretty hard on paladin...

I have nothing but respect for talesavo, hes a great player, id be interested to see what sort of numbers i throw up when i have his gear since im getting pretty close to him in dps already in my current kit

Goodluck in MC I think you have burned too many bridges at this point to ever make it past that content again

Signing off this thread since it hasnt been locked yet
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:13 am

Holystrike wrote:lol I think you need to reread some of the posts man...

at the end of the day your dps in T2.5 is definitely lower then mine even without me using T2.5, so

remember that time I revised your preraid bis list over skype and found that half the items you chose were completely wrong?

I have nothing but respect for talesavo, hes a great player, id be interested to see what sort of numbers i throw up when i have his gear since im getting pretty close to him in dps already in my current kit

Goodluck in MC I think you have burned too many bridges at this point to ever make it past that content again

Signing off this thread since it hasnt been locked yet

at the end of the day your dps in T2.5 is definitely lower then mine even without me using T2.5, so

At the end of the day you should start reading that Spell Damage in Peenix was not working at all , and all the DPS i gain was from Intellect and Strength and Agility.

Untlike you with Field Marshal and working Abilities in Nostalrius. (can i repeat this 100 times more ?)

remember that time I revised your preraid bis list over skype and found that half the items you chose were completely wrong?

Wrong? Huh

http://realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer ... Holystrike

I see 90% of the items are on your Loot table , and you are using them Currently.
(the only wrong i was that i tough t2 had stats with sp , other than that you got everything what i recommend).

Time will show. I will just rolling around and watching your meters being eaten slowly with twice lower gear than you when i step it as retri in future..
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Holystrike » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:17 am

Ok ok last time I am going to bite at this trolls posting but I thought this was too funy

all the gear I have equipped is the stuff i replaced from your terrible bis list, for instance i remember you chosing judgement bracers over trueflight and judgement belt over onslaught rofl... sooo terrible he was suggesting 5/8 T2, similar to his paladin on warsong which deals poor dps in t2.5

The litteral only piece of advice I have ever taken from you was to use the darkmoonfair trinket so nice try there buddy haha...

The best part is im doing this on a 400 ms connection from australia vs Eu's with 20ms

signing off
Last edited by Holystrike on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:23 am

Holystrike wrote:Ok ok last time I am going to bite at this trolls posting but I thought this was too funy

all the gear I have equipped is the stuff i replaced from your terrible bis list, for instance i remember you chosing judgement bracers over trueflight and judgement belt over onslaught rofl... sooo terrible he was suggesting 5/8 T2, similar to his paladin on warsong which deals poor dps in t2.5

The litteral only piece of advice I have ever taken from you was to use the darkmoonfair trinket so nice try there buddy haha...

signing off

by smilkovpetko » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:13 am
the only wrong i was that i tough t2 had stats with sp

i don't know what you are trying to achieve but i must give you medal for Ignoring to read and dishonestly re edit/removing posts when you see yourself wrong.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... le#p228068

by Holystrike » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:41 pm
I would say the two paladins who have provided alot of information for players on Nostalrius within the forums; and have a deep understanding of the class, would be Theloras and Smilkovpetko (Killerduki) and their guides generally provide a good jumping point for getting into the class.

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 5354_o.jpg

(you can't edit this now).

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 27#p180527
**Duki can theory craft paladins better then anyone on the server**

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 7196_o.jpg
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext