Theloras' Retribution Guide

Re: Theloras' Retribution Guide

by Theoloras » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:45 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
Theoloras wrote:THE POWER OF PROT COMPELS YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTnxddv3QQ

he is not playing retail , it is recorded from some privacy server ;)

Consecration doesn't variate with it's damage, SoR doesn't variate with it's damage ;)

no i know - it's from peenix - but good example of the power of Prot in PvP with loads of spell dmg and proc items
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Kronos from what I've seen is well scripted in terms of raw combat mechanics atleast. To take as an example the glancing formula on nostalrius was based on athan's, however the true blizzard formulas were given by an insider from blizzard on wowpedia in 2006 where he started editing wowpedia articles out of the blue. His glancing blows took into account different formulas for caster and melee classes, glancing blow ranges, glancing blow chance against any level mob, difference glancing blow formulas for a caster above and below level 30 and all of this was revealed in later patch notes and by the community when people started figuring it out in later expansions.

Kronos was using these formulas, and it really surprised me that they researched and figured this shit out on their bugtracker.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Theoloras » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:20 am

vido wrote:Kronos from what I've seen is well scripted in terms of raw combat mechanics atleast. To take as an example the glancing formula on nostalrius was based on athan's, however the true blizzard formulas were given by an insider from blizzard on wowpedia in 2006 where he started editing wowpedia articles out of the blue. His glancing blows took into account different formulas for caster and melee classes, glancing blow ranges, glancing blow chance against any level mob, difference glancing blow formulas for a caster above and below level 30 and all of this was revealed in later patch notes and by the community when people started figuring it out in later expansions.

Kronos was using these formulas, and it really surprised me that they researched and figured this shit out on their bugtracker.

unfortunately, Retribution Paladin mechanics on Kronos are so badly bugged that even I would not play Ret there...
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:09 am

vido wrote:Kronos from what I've seen is well scripted in terms of raw combat mechanics atleast. To take as an example the glancing formula on nostalrius was based on athan's, however the true blizzard formulas were given by an insider from blizzard on wowpedia in 2006 where he started editing wowpedia articles out of the blue. His glancing blows took into account different formulas for caster and melee classes, glancing blow ranges, glancing blow chance against any level mob, difference glancing blow formulas for a caster above and below level 30 and all of this was revealed in later patch notes and by the community when people started figuring it out in later expansions.

Currently in Kronos ROFL !.

#Blizzlike :D :D :D :D

The most terrible server i ever seen and their tester can't accept and admit that they are wrong.

Even with all the Video,Elitistjerk,Blizzard Forums,Wowwiki from 2006 provided their tester denying constantly to "prove" that they are best scripted server :D
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:16 am

Psojed Philosophy : http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php ... post803165

Without any source to claim his words .

1) Holy resistance is not shown in game, but it actually still exists in the game code. Since there is no way to boost holy resistance, it's highly unlikely that a monster will resist or fully resist your holy spells. The only cause is resist by level difference, which is the reason for our current discussion. When attacking L60 you probably won't see any resists, but when attacking a L62 or boss monster, the partial resists will appear.

2) It depends on the monster you're fighting. I read some wiki article that the client acts as if a lvl 63 (boss) monster automatically had 24 resistance to all spell schools for the purpose of resisting, so the chance to get fully resisted is only around 1-2%. My recent test with target dummies supports that.

3) Judgement of Command's resist chance is higher, because it follows spell hit rules. That means, in addition to the statement above for SoComm, JoComm's chance to get resisted is related to caster's spell hit. Vs. a L60 target, you have 4% chance that judgement gets resisted, vs boss it is 16% chance that judgement gets resisted. Note that this is only true with damaging judgements, JotC, JoW and JoL always land.

4) SoComm is a special magic attack that follows the rules of physical attacks and abilities. It follows melee crit and melee hit rules, so it can miss, be dodged, parried, blocked, it crits for 2x damage, but since the damage dealt is magical, it is also subject to resists.
JoComm is a magic spell. While it also follows melee crit and crits for 2x damage, it uses spell hit for miss calculations. Since spell miss is displayed as "resist" on vanilla, JoComm can only be a hit, crit, resist or partial resist.
I'd love to get my hands on some combat log data about paladins, but I couldn't find any.

Mechanic explained (just pointing 1 source but there are many many others that says the same) .

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_table

Magic-damage melee auto-attacks

- The attacks of some monsters that do magic damage are actually treated as melee attacks, and use the standard melee auto-attack rules. For example, the melee attacks done by a fire elemental inflict fire damage, but they're resolved as an ordinary white-damage auto-attack—they can miss, be dodged, be parried, be blocked (as of Patch 3.0), and do double damage on a crit. The only difference between how a magic-damage melee auto-attack, and an ordinary physical damage melee auto-attack, is resolved is that if the target has any resistance to that school of magic, the same check is made to see if the damage is partially resisted as would happen from a spell.

Magic-damage melee special attacks

- Some monsters also have melee "specials" (the equivalent of yellow-damage attacks done by players) that do magic damage. For example, the Crystal Strike ability of the Erratic Sentries on the Isle of Quel'Danas inflicts Arcane damage, but is resolved as an ordinary melee special attack—it can miss, be dodged, be parried, and be blocked, and does double damage on a crit. The only difference between how a magic-damage melee special attack, and an ordinary physical damage melee special attack, is resolved is that if the target has any resistance to that school of magic, the same check is made to see if the damage is partially resisted as would happen from a spell.

- A few player abilities, such as a paladin's Seal of Command, are likewise resolved as yellow-damage melee attacks that deal non-physical damage. The odds of the various attack results occurring with one of these attacks are determined the same as for physical melee attacks—the base chances are determined by the player's Weapon Skill with the wielded weapon, the miss chance is reduced by the player's Hit Rating, the chance to be dodged and parried is reduced by the player's Expertise, and the chance to crit is increased by the player's Agility and Crit Rating.

Magic-damage ranged special attacks

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Judgment

Judgment is a paladin ranged ability,

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Seal_of_C ... did=327126

However like other physical attacks, Seal of Command can miss, or be dodged, parried, or blocked. Judgement of Command can only be resisted.

- The Arcane Shot of a Hunter, and the Hammer of Wrath and Avenger's Shield talent of a Protection-specced Paladin, are resolved as ranged attacks that do non-physical damage. They can miss—rather than be "fully resisted"—and they do double damage on a crit. The only difference is that if a mob target is higher level than the player attacker, or if the target has any resistance to the school of magic used by the attack, the same check is made to see if the damage is partially resisted as would happen from a spell.

- The odds of the various attack results occurring with one of these attacks are determined the same as for physical ranged attacks—the base chances are determined by the player's Weapon Skill with the wielded ranged weapon (in the case of Hunter abilities), the miss chance is reduced by the player's Hit Rating, and the chance to crit is increased by the player's Agility and Crit Rating.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Dr. Doom » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:06 am

it's just one class, and spells that don't affect the main raid spec.
I stopped playing WoW and don't play in Kronos, but to say it's the worst server of all due to ret paladin bugs is a bit of a stretch.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by smilkovpetko » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:23 am

Dr. Doom wrote:it's just one class, and spells that don't affect the main raid spec.
I stopped playing WoW and don't play in Kronos, but to say it's the worst server of all due to ret paladin bugs is a bit of a stretch.

Why it suppose to affect the main raid spec ? Ain't the game whole spectrum and not just raids? What about PVP and all the Adventure?

So because in your opinion Paladins are not main raid spec those stuffs should remain game breaking broken?

Also see how those stuffs get exposed bit by bit :

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=8086

Even their Warrior Rage is totally wiped out .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Dr. Doom » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:03 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:it's just one class, and spells that don't affect the main raid spec.

Why it suppose to affect the main raid spec ? Ain't the game whole spectrum and not just raids? What about PVP and all the Adventure?

So because in your opinion Paladins are not main raid spec those stuffs should remain game breaking broken?

Also see how those stuffs get exposed bit by bit :

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=8086

Even their Warrior Rage is totally wiped out .

Where did I ever state that?
This is what I said:

but to say it's the worst server of all due to ret paladin bugs is a bit of a stretch.

Have seen far worse servers.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Theoloras » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:39 pm

I played for 2 years on Peenix and a year here on Nost - Kronos is complete bottom of the barrel not only for their current bugs affecting Retribution but also for their class/spec tester who is clueless when it comes to proper mechanics.
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vido » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:55 pm

You can still get full partial resists even if it skips the miss/hit roll. Anyway I don't know anything about paladins but you're calling someone clueless just for having a different point of view.

At least Paladins aren't being affected by caster glancing blow formulas.
Last edited by vido on Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin