Tankadin / Healer... Pally or Druid

Tankadin / Healer... Pally or Druid

by Itzmatt86 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:25 pm

Hey folks, my friend and I just started playing here. He will be playing a pally tank, and I am torn between pally or druid healer. We are both well aware of the hurdles a tankadin has as opposed to a warrior, but thats also why we are doing our own healer tank combo. I remember how to play a classic druid and the stats desired, but I do not recall how to play a healing paladin. Firstly which would be more useful? I would think double the blessings would be double the fun, but Mark is also nice. Secondly would we be competing for any gear later on? It is unlikely we would make it to the raid scene, neither of us have the time to commit. Thanks for the info!
Itzmatt86
Tester

Re: Tankadin / Healer... Pally or Druid

by smilkovpetko » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:59 pm

(Just personal opinion)

Prot/Holy Paladin + 3 AoE damage Dealers (recommend 3x fire mages) = dreaming combination !.

Nobody in game can run faster any dungeon than this combination .

Fast+Efficient + salv/sanct/kings for group which is most wanted.

p.s don't forget , you should use same rank consecration otherwise is bugged. (no matter what rank it must be same rank).
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Wrathran » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:33 pm

When I do dungeons I feel that the more paladins the better. The more blessings the better, specially for the tank who can get wisdom + one more, or two more, the more the better.

Prot paladins are super good for dungeons up to lvl 60 as they actually do damage compared to warriors (spend the first 11 point in holy to get concecration). You will for example see a prot paladin do 300dps when the warrior do like 50dps... Paladins have waaaaaaaaaaaaay better aoe damage/threat also.

The only real problem with a prot paladin is when for example a mage sheep a target. When it's time to attack that target the healer will have a lot of aggro from heals, so the sheeped target will run for healer and the tank will struggle to get aggro.

That's why it's good to have 2 paladins, as you can keep Blessing Sancturay on all players (30% less threat) + one more blessing so to have a paladin tank and paladin healer is really good. I can't see any negativ thing with that + you can use bubble if some mob or boss attack you and tank just can't get aggro back.

I am sure druids are fun to, but I know for a fact, if you and your friends play as paladins you can have a great time ;)

I don't see how you would compete for the same gear. As healer you go for +healing and +int (often cloth/leather). The prot will go for mail/plate stamina, strength and defense etc. Maybe you will both need the same shield at some point but that's unlikely.

Personally I love the paladin healer. You don't have any aoe heals but you have some other awesome tools to use.
Wrathran
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:56 am

The only real problem with a prot paladin is when for example a mage sheep a target. When it's time to attack that target the healer will have a lot of aggro from heals, so the sheeped target will run for healer and the tank will struggle to get aggro.

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3585

when this get fixed , sheeps wont be problem anymore :P
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by ihealwarrior » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:05 pm

the biggest problem is that paladins cannot sustain their maximum threat output, you cant be as agressive and faceroll without rage
ihealwarrior
Private
Private

by Theloras » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:58 pm

ihealwarrior wrote:the biggest problem is that paladins cannot sustain their maximum threat output, you cant be as agressive and faceroll without rage

lawl @ you
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by smilkovpetko » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:19 am

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=22875

This will help you out on Tanking as Paladin

/hope so.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear