"Heglamore PvP" -- Posted Oct 22, 2012 5:03 PM

"Heglamore PvP" -- Posted Oct 22, 2012 5:03 PM

by Heglamore » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:48 pm

In advance: Yes, both these videos show I was a complete scrub back then. Thank-you for noticing. :-P

For purposes of helping sort out some of the various skill-bugs in Nostalrius, I am posting additional evidence of Paladin skill mechanics filmed on Nathrezim PvP server way back in the day. I am not proud of these video, because it shows how much of a no0b I was ... but for purposes of actually getting Nostalrius's ability scripts into place, I post it here so everyone can see a time capsule of paladin ability mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZRkOKeWgFI
In this video, you can clearly see all resists are from Hammer Of Justice going on cooldown on a low level paladin, wearing stockade pauldrons and no hit-gear, with a full retribution / holy build (you can see me use Divine Favor) -- you can see there is no precision at play (because I'm level 52, and built into Divine Favor and Vengeance), and Seal of Command misses a couple times -- not resisted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su7s4M9JYAw
In this video, you can see Vengeance increasing the damage of consecrate, which otherwise has normal -flat- damage -regardless- of my "increased" attack power from Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds. Likewise, the resist at the end, against the Priest is Hammer of Justice (shown again at the bottom of the screen) going on cooldown.

Both of these videos were filmed well before I actually knew what I was doing, and began my PvP grind and properly itemizing my character.

Holy damage -cannot- be resisted by players.

Likewise, there is proof of auto-attacks being absorbed by the priest shield *and* still proccing a seal of command which broke the shield and delt damage. Likewise? Seal of Command damage is delayed by .5 seconds after attacks, so as to take advantage of Vengeance critting.

Time Stamp of fully absorbed hit proccing command and dealing damage: (https://youtu.be/su7s4M9JYAw?t=190)

While I cannot seem to get my account approved for the bug-tester forums, I have been following them closely, and I hope this can help those who are trying to combat these issues with Paladin skills. <3

Please, keep posts constructive, and positive. Thank-you. :)

Edit: The videos have been moved from 'Private' to 'Unlisted'. Sorry in advance! :D
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: "Heglamore PvP" -- Posted Oct 22, 2012 5:03 PM

by smilkovpetko » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:50 pm

i will start step by step with analyze regarding your posts (which i like it)

I also assume 1st video on early stage because consecration leave debuff icon (which later was removed) and Seal of Command doesn't delay (which later could delay) :

1- Video:
Hammer of Justice can Resist by Warrior Talent "Iron Will" which is legit and your duel was against warrior . (this is not evidence regarding resistance of holy) as talent could always resist stuns (which include Hammer of Justice).

Regarding Seal of Command i already posted in mutual bugtracker topics that it should never "full resist" , it can dodge/parry/block/miss and partial resist (part of the damage) "only in pve" never in pvp.

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3602 (read the posts by "dusko gjurov"/killerduki)
https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3660 (read the last 2x posts by "dusko gjurov"/killerduki)

Partial resist should be only against PVE and not PVP , because partial resist from Seal of Command is following the rule of "Glancing Blows" .

Glancing Blows can't apply on special Abilities is the reason why Blizzard have set it as "Partial Resist" independent from "Resistance" and following "Glancing Blows" rule only.

2-Video:

Hammer of Justice can Resist by Priest Talent "Unbreakable Will" which is legit and your duel was against Priest . (this is not evidence regarding resistance of holy) as talent could always resist stuns (which include Hammer of Justice).

Regarding Consecration : Read the bugtracker report where i was brutally denied opposed by confirming someone explanation therefore their explanation never gave proper sources , i also presented there evidence for this : https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=418 (read the posts by "dusko gjurov"/killerduki)

4:19 shows much better the 0.5 delay where only "judge of command" resist which is also legit (instead dodge/parry/miss it should resist) (partial resist follow the glancing blows rule still remain only for pve).

Holy damage -cannot- be resisted by players.

I already explained this how it work , Hammer of Justice was resisted only because of "priest and warrior" talents which make it possible to resist , otherwise it should never resist.

(currently in nostalrius it resist on everything) .

I already explained Judgement of Command should Resist instead Dodge/Parry/Block/Miss , and still follows the rule of Glancing Blow with it's partial resists (part of the damage) in PVE . https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=3660

Likewise, there is proof of auto-attacks being absorbed by the priest shield *and* still proccing a seal of command which broke the shield and delt damage. Likewise? Seal of Command damage is delayed by .5 seconds after attacks, so as to take advantage of Vengeance critting.

This is what we already reported but got denied or 'living in ignorance' by nobody answering or cooperating with our reports.

While I cannot seem to get my account approved for the bug-tester forums, I have been following them closely, and I hope this can help those who are trying to combat these issues with Paladin skills. <3

Thank you for posting this , the only problem with your videos is:
Uploaded on Oct 22, 2012

This is what we struggle always with our reports, Nano will instant invalid this without investigation or questioning. (with main reason that is not from 2006 or early).

Hope my answers are clear <3. (sorry for my bad english accent).
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Heglamore » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:14 pm

Why would that be a problem with my report, rather then a -strength- of the post.. because the video was posted (on YouTube) in October of 2012 -- since they are date-stamped by YouTube?

Wouldn't that make it -actual- evidence of Vanilla mechanics; since it was before Nostalrius was even a thing?
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ihealwarrior » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:35 pm

how is this a paladin pvp video? your leveling spec and not healing anyone? go 31/20 with imp concentration aura to really wield the light against the horde
ihealwarrior
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:37 pm

ignore ihealwarrior , he is ignored from everywhere as everyone know him as anti retri/prot paladin specs.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Heglamore » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:44 am

ihealwarrior wrote:how is this a paladin pvp video? your leveling spec and not healing anyone? go 31/20 with imp concentration aura to really wield the light against the horde

If you read the post, it is not a PvP video -- it is a post displaying me being a newbie like 10 years ago.. which I am reposting for purposes of displaying retail paladin mechanics.

If you're so gung-ho about holy mechanics -- Consecration and Divine Favor -- are featured. :-P

It isn't about supporting any individual spec. It's about showing the proper working mechanics for *all* paladin talents, so they can be corrected on Nostalrius.
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:01 pm

I read the posts before watching the video...

Topic says PvP, but posts indicate the videos are not for PvP..

anyone else confused?

(not trolling, just needs some clarification of what this thread is intended to be)
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heglamore » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:35 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:I read the posts before watching the video...

anyone else confused?

(not trolling, just needs some clarification of what this thread is intended to be)

The video is a posting of actual vanilla mechanics -- 'Heglamore PvP' was the origional title. Basically; I'm posting it as a time capsule of paladin mechanics in action for purposes of comparison to Nostalrius mechanics, to try to get better functionality for Nostalrius.

Because of the way certain mechanics on Nostalrius work (such as Seal of Command's lack of 0.5 second delay on proc) -- key functions of Vanilla gameplay that were staples of skilled paladins like 'Seal Twisting' are impossible;

... because it was based on waiting for the proc-sound.. hitting Seal of Justice -- and then? Seal of Justice would have a chance of proccing off of the Seal of Command proc.
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:12 pm

Heglamore wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:I read the posts before watching the video...

anyone else confused?

The video is a posting of actual vanilla mechanics -- 'Heglamore PvP' was the origional title. Basically; I'm posting it as a time capsule of paladin mechanics in action for purposes of comparison to Nostalrius mechanics, to try to get better functionality for Nostalrius.

Because of the way certain mechanics on Nostalrius work (such as Seal of Command's lack of 0.5 second delay on proc) -- key functions of Vanilla gameplay that were staples of skilled paladins like 'Seal Twisting' are impossible;

... because it was based on waiting for the proc-sound.. hitting Seal of Justice -- and then? Seal of Justice would have a chance of proccing off of the Seal of Command proc.

Ok cool so this is all for PvP, not PvE (correct?)
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Heglamore » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:20 am

No, it's for mechanics; showing the way the skills function.

They're important for PvP and PvE balance.

It's a video /of/ PvP -- but those mechanics would function the same whether I was beating on players, or a diseased Angerclaw bear.
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Paladin