Paladin expectations in low level dungeons

Paladin expectations in low level dungeons

by Kottery » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:22 am

So throughout my time in WoW I always heard Paladins were shoehorned into healing raids and such and Paladin tanks and DPS were laughed at. Does this only apply at max level? Because I'm leveling as Ret so I'd rather not go into a dungeon and heal with no points in Holy and all +str gear.

I'd assume nobody cares what the fuck you are until higher levels, but I'm sure we've all heard what assuming does.
Apples - Warrior
Kotori - Paladin - Main
Kottery - Warlock
Kottery
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Paladin expectations in low level dungeons

by BigMcLargeHuge » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:53 am

Your'e fine as dps in leveling dungeons.

You can also heal fine if you just hold onto whatever random +int items you find as you quest and grind.

So far I've had about a 50/50 split between healing dungeons and dpsing, and when I'm dpsing I am keeping up on the meters with the pure dps classes.
BigMcLargeHuge
Private
Private

by username17 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:35 am

I'm only 21 but I've had a fine time healing and dpsing in dungeons so far.
When DPSing I always watch health bars and throw out emergency heals when needed.
When healing, I equip all the int items I've collected and make sure to keep wisdom on myself.

Keeping each rank of holy light on your bar is handy until you get Flash of light.
Oh, and bring a mage or LOTs of water.
username17
Private
Private

by Earthspeed » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:46 pm

Maybe slightly off topic, but I've been tanking everything up to Gnomer on my pally. With RF, SoR and Judgement are decent for single-target threat, and consecrate is amazing for AoE threat. I think you can play your paladin however you want to, as long as you spec and gear yourself accordingly. I imagine that it will be a bit harder to maintain that freedom at level 60, so enjoy it while you can! ;)
Earthspeed
Private
Private

Return to Paladin