Profession help

Profession help

by giantsteps92 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:00 pm

Hello, I am leveling a paladin right now and was wondering if Blacksmithing is beneficial for me when I start raiding. I will end up healing in raids and want to know if either armorsmithing or weaponsmithing is helpful to get me started. Thanks!
giantsteps92
Tester

Re: Profession help

by smilkovpetko » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:47 pm

sadly only engineering is most beneficial , other than that is just for profit.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by TheFishyOne » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:18 pm

Duki speaks the truth, but ENG is so absurdly useful for Pallies it's insane.

And YES! You CAN make money off it, but only after picking a spec, and only if you play on the PvP server.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DrearyYew » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:52 pm

To add on top of that, the real money comes from having some of the rarer recipes for your professions. For example, you're not going to make much money as an enchanter without some of the MC drops, or some reputation grinds like Timbermaw or Thorium Brotherhood.

If you're not interested in all of that, the best gold making professions are Tailoring and Alchemy purely for the cooldowns, which are very easy to get, and always in demand. These are what I use on my alts, as you can get the cooldowns as early as level 35.

On my Paladin, I use Engineering and Enchanting, because I have the reputations for Enchanting, and the small things that Engineering give you are too good to pass up.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Paladin