Holy Shock vs. Blessing of Sanctuary

Re: Holy Shock vs. Blessing of Sanctuary

by smilkovpetko » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:27 pm

unless you are def cap , anticipation is 100% wasted 5 talent points.

imp HoJ - worthless either, conc aura - good for pvp.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by ceoddyn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:31 pm

So we're all in agreement you should be a 31/20 raid logger afk heal bot. Glad we got that cleared up. Good information everybody. Play an alt character if you actually want to get anything done.

People in pvp and dungeon mobs stunned literally 20% more of the time = worthless hahaha

Woah my flash of light just landed for 1217, 1.5% more of the time than it normally would, contributing to 0.5% of raid overhealing and none of effective heal
ceoddyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:37 pm

ceoddyn wrote:So we're all in agreement you should be a 31/20 raid logger afk heal bot. Glad we got that cleared up. Good information everybody. Play an alt character if you actually want to get anything done.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 87#p273185

nothing can replace Holy Shield on aggro , Holy Shock compare to Holy Shield is not even close .

And you can't have both at same time.

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/palad ... 0000000000

This is if you want to do both , aoe tanking and healing

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/palad ... 0000000000

This is if you want to do both , reckbomb for pvp and healing.

- none of both specs are optimal for raids, but are ok to use it.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by ChipTheMonk » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:43 pm

ceoddyn wrote:5/5 Holy power is worthless if you don't pick up holy shock [...]
20/31 = you can raid heal and get other things done, you'll have reckoning for pvp. you're not playing a moron spec.

There's something wrong with this logic. Saying holy power is useless, and reckoning is useful.
Forum trolls are the best kind of people
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by ceoddyn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:48 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:
ceoddyn wrote:5/5 Holy power is worthless if you don't pick up holy shock [...]
20/31 = you can raid heal and get other things done, you'll have reckoning for pvp. you're not playing a moron spec.

There's something wrong with this logic. Saying holy power is useless, and reckoning is useful.
Forum trolls are the best kind of people

Notice how you didn't manage to read past the first three words. Great job.

You guys are hilarious with the dependency on putting 30 points into holy just to pick up holy power. You're having that much trouble with bwl clears or what is going on exactly? I'm actually really sorry about your shit guild that they force you into a boring raid logger spec. I even began my post by saying a lot of you idiots will probably end up in that spot, so it's not like I'm not aware.

You start with crit
You spec into divine favor
You have crit from gear
You get 150% heal from a healing crit
It will probably overheal if you were healing properly
BWL is simple as shit
Everyone spec 31 holy it's of absolute importance raid will wipe otherwise
Last edited by ceoddyn on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceoddyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ChipTheMonk » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Sorry, what guild are you in?
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by ceoddyn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:57 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:Sorry, what guild are you in?

Do you have anything to add or are you just here to write sheer nonsense?
ceoddyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ChipTheMonk » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:00 pm

I think we just got off on the wrong foot and would like to make amends. I was politely trying to ask what guild you are in. Could you please answer?

My use of quoting specific points in your last comment was not to show that I had only read one small section of your post. It was to address those points specifically.
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:41 pm

DrearyYew wrote:No, deep Prot is not mandatory, and is something I wouldn't ever recommend to anyone.

Could you explain how it's not if they're considering tanking raids?

smilkovpetko wrote:Blessing of Sanctuary , Holy Shield for neffarian p3 is mother in law

It's very useful for BWL that's for sure.

ceoddyn wrote:5/5 Holy power is worthless if you don't pick up holy shock. Your core talents list is garbage. There's no reason to go 30/21 unless you're in a shit tier guild that can't clear MC and BWL without absolutely min/maxing every person in the raid's spec. Your "1 paladin per raid" spec is missing about 90% of the core tanking talents.

How is it worthless, Holy Shock has a 30 sec CD, hell even I don't use it every 30 secs, cuz its more of an ER use. Holy Power would be useless without Illumination.
ceoddyn wrote:Moving on,
31/20 = retard raid heal spec, if you have amazing gear you can do other things besides afk during raid.
How is 31/20 a Retarded heal Spec? Please explain... I get your saying it's easy, but how... again I say how is it retarded, perhaps you feel it's over doing it, but if they choose to only heal, seems liek that the BEST way to go. (far from retarded)
ceoddyn wrote:30/21 = dont even bother

Actually some Paladins are going Sanc > Holy Shock, since they get more use out of it when you have so many dang paladins in raids.
ceoddyn wrote:20/31 = you can raid heal and get other things done, you'll have reckoning for pvp. you're not playing a moron spec. You'll either have imp hoj and imp conc aura, OR anticipation. You won't have all of them, as I said "YOU WILL LOSE SOME OF THE FOLLOWING:". Both you and Smilko, please learn to read. I recommend dropping anticipation since you lose too much by not having the other two. Of course, it's basically impossible to make up 10 lost +def points. There are maybe 5 paladins on the server I have found who have the gear to do that.

i get this is what YOU recommend, but I'm pretty sure if people want to heal for raids they will, if they want to go PvP, they would rather respec for the proper Reck Talents. Lazy people, might see it as a nice compromise since they are low on Gold, but... that's about it.
I would never be caught Tanking wihout the extra 10 Def points, it really makes all the difference.

I'm not sure where you got these... theories. I understand 100% of what your trying to explain, but in our many years of experience... theories have to be backed by facts.
Fact is... the 31/20 spec is Awesome for healadins, 30/21 is something many more paladins are doing everyday, and fact is... No one compromises unless they are lazy/short on gold. If you got 'respec gold'laying around, chances are you'll use it ;)
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by DrearyYew » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:24 pm

If you're tanking in raids, you aren't tanking bosses, you're tanking Suppression Room, Nefarian Skeletons, or Imps in MC. If you're speccing deep Prot for these, your healing is going to suffer big time. Whereas if you spec deep Holy, the only real talent you would be missing from Prot would be Holy Shield. It's just not worth giving up the deep Holy talents for Holy Shield when you are hardly going to tank regardless. It's better to be 100% optimal while healing and 90% optimal while AoE tanking than 100% optimal AoE tanking and 70% optimal while healing when you only tank 5% of the time.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin