Holy Shock vs. Blessing of Sanctuary

Re: Holy Shock vs. Blessing of Sanctuary

by JCarrill0 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:00 pm

DrearyYew wrote:If you're tanking in raids, you aren't tanking bosses, you're tanking Suppression Room, Nefarian Skeletons, or Imps in MC. If you're speccing deep Prot for these, your healing is going to suffer big time. Whereas if you spec deep Holy, the only real talent you would be missing from Prot would be Holy Shield. It's just not worth giving up the deep Holy talents for Holy Shield when you are hardly going to tank regardless. It's better to be 100% optimal while healing and 90% optimal while AoE tanking than 100% optimal AoE tanking and 70% optimal while healing when you only tank 5% of the time.

There is people on Nost...
Tanking bosses as prot Paladins though... Why would they not be deep prot?
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ceoddyn » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:09 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:No one compromises unless they are lazy/short on gold. If you got 'respec gold'laying around, chances are you'll use it ;)

This is almost a good point but I am currently playing on a server with 100g black lotuses and I am sure that almost no guild has enough flasks stored up for the upcoming content. I will bet that pretty much every paladin must "compromise" (31/20) in order to make up for much more serious problems like this, negating whatever effect it would have in directing a paladin toward a decent spec. By that I mean not raid logging and bringing something to the raid other than a few more % on flash of light healing.

I also recommend potting instead of relying on shit talents that break your ability to do anything other than raidlog effectively. The whole point of talents in vanilla was that each spec came with compromises, I believe a lot more are made when putting 30 into holy than many players admit to. You are giving up on viability in 5man, in gold farming, in pvp, and we are on a content patch where maximum raid healing DOESN'T MATTER.

When you have free gold laying around to dump on anything, it wont be necessary for all paladin in the raid to be min maxed around 30 holy to farm clear old content. I am talking about the current belief on the server right now that to be viable in raid you must be holy. I probably don't need to bad mouth the players who spec 30 into holy only because they are lazy. That's fine for them, I hope I don't end up having to play with them.
ceoddyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:06 am

ceoddyn wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:No one compromises unless they are lazy/short on gold. If you got 'respec gold'laying around, chances are you'll use it ;)

This is almost a good point but I am currently playing on a server with 100g black lotuses and I am sure that almost no guild has enough flasks stored up for the upcoming content. I will bet that pretty much every paladin must "compromise" (31/20) in order to make up for much more serious problems like this, negating whatever effect it would have in directing a paladin toward a decent spec. By that I mean not raid logging and bringing something to the raid other than a few more % on flash of light healing.

I also recommend potting instead of relying on shit talents that break your ability to do anything other than raidlog effectively. The whole point of talents in vanilla was that each spec came with compromises, I believe a lot more are made when putting 30 into holy than many players admit to. You are giving up on viability in 5man, in gold farming, in pvp, and we are on a content patch where maximum raid healing DOESN'T MATTER.

When you have free gold laying around to dump on anything, it wont be necessary for all paladin in the raid to be min maxed around 30 holy to farm clear old content. I am talking about the current belief on the server right now that to be viable in raid you must be holy. I probably don't need to bad mouth the players who spec 30 into holy only because they are lazy. That's fine for them, I hope I don't end up having to play with them.

What about the rest of my comments? :)
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ChipTheMonk » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:34 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:What about the rest of my comments? :)

We had a nice little pm a while ago. Don't engage him. He doesn't listen to reason, and I don't think he can read well enough to browse forums.
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:16 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:What about the rest of my comments? :)

We had a nice little pm a while ago. Don't engage him. He doesn't listen to reason, and I don't think he can read well enough to browse forums.

Oh, well that's interesting
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ceoddyn » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:09 pm

Jcarillo I won't drop anticipation until I need to for healing. I also think now improved shield spec might be invaluable. There sure are a lot of good prot talents.
ceoddyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by trorsmang » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:20 am

i just wish our healing spells didnt scale so shitty with healing power...
trorsmang
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ihealwarrior » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:59 pm

the reality is.....

out of the 3 tanks, one of them has to be the squishiest, and that's paladin
paladins aoe tanking niche is in no way required, warriors set up right can do the job fine, i've done it on horde many times. warriors who cant aoe tank, just plain suck.

you dont even need improved righteous fury to aoe tank, tank gear and holy spec does it fine, and you wont be useless for the remaining 95% of the instance. you dont need holy shield, or sanctuary or even force reactive disk, in a 40 man your gonna have thorns, fireshield ret aura, that + consecrate is all you need to tank imps and whelps.

vanilla has been around for 10+ years, and the reality is paladins are strongest as healers and support, anything else is selling yourself, your team, your party and your guild short, winners will realize that paladins are much stronger multipliers than they are a force

takes the most damage of all 3 tanks
cant aggressively sustain maximum threat
cant taunt
limited gear choices
non-optimal for the vast majority of endgame tanking

being a protection paladin may be fun but ultimately its a spec for losers
ihealwarrior
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:03 am

out of the 3 tanks, one of them has to be the squishiest, and that's paladin

Druid ^

lol'd at this guy forever antipaladin propaganda :)
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by ihealwarrior » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:24 am

you are wrong, druids have higher mitigation than paladins.

im not anti paladin, i have one

im pro math.

unless you are reffering to bubble, in that case paladins can take an infinite ammount of damage, but that isnt very useful for tanking.
ihealwarrior
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin