Holy Shock vs. Blessing of Sanctuary

Re: Holy Shock vs. Blessing of Sanctuary

by ChipTheMonk » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:55 pm

K
(Also you're wanting to use than in that case.)
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by shamwow » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:02 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:K
(Also you're wanting to use than in that case.)

And before that I wrote than twice.

It does seem obvious doesn't it? In such a short sentence
that it was purposely done to prove I am immune to paranoia.
I don't fear my words, I expect my words to fear.
I also don't change my words, I expect my words to change.

So I didn't want to use than in that case. It was a trick.
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:20 pm

shamwow wrote:
ChipTheMonk wrote:I think you're in the wrong thread mate. Holy shock vs sanctuary. Not ret vs reck. Thanks for contributing though!

I wrote why holy is bad too. But decided if im going to write why holy shock is bad I might write how everything else is bad in comparison as well as how overpowered reck is and how easy it is to beat anything. Btw Thanks for the thanks.

The person wants to heal. He wants to know whether he should favour a 31/20/0 spec with Holy Shock, or a 30/21/0 spec with BoSanc.

Are you saying that what he should do instead is to go 25 points into protection to get reckoning, instead of either of the 2 builds? That means he'll probably not be able to heal very well, which is the main point of the thread.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by shamwow » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:16 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:
shamwow wrote:
ChipTheMonk wrote:I think you're in the wrong thread mate. Holy shock vs sanctuary. Not ret vs reck. Thanks for contributing though!

I wrote why holy is bad too. But decided if im going to write why holy shock is bad I might write how everything else is bad in comparison as well as how overpowered reck is and how easy it is to beat anything. Btw Thanks for the thanks.

The person wants to heal. He wants to know whether he should favour a 31/20/0 spec with Holy Shock, or a 30/21/0 spec with BoSanc.

Are you saying that what he should do instead is to go 25 points into protection to get reckoning, instead of either of the 2 builds? That means he'll probably not be able to heal very well, which is the main point of the thread.

Ideally if he wants to be a healer then he should be 30 to 31 in holy. Holy shock isnt really a good spell. Its 30 second cd is good for emergencies only and if you spam it, you only drain more then using more mana efficient FoLs. Its best to use when someone is on super low health from an unlucky hit but this doesnt happen often so it kind of defeats the purpose of not using it until an emergency happens.

Its only good if your spell crit is very high so you gain illumination because flash of light is better. Though missing out on holy shock doesnt make you lose much. All you need is tons and tons of spell crit gear to critical heal on 50% of your FoL heals. Using reck spec for healing is possible. The only downside is you lose 4% holy spell crit

As for dps, Im going to post a video of why reckoning is a pve god.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:31 pm

shamwow wrote:
Ideally if he wants to be a healer then he should be 30 to 31 in holy. Holy shock isnt really a good spell. Its 30 second cd is good for emergencies only and if you spam it, you only drain more then using more mana efficient FoLs. Its best to use when someone is on super low health from an unlucky hit but this doesnt happen often so it kind of defeats the purpose of not using it until an emergency happens.

Its only good if your spell crit is very high so you gain illumination because flash of light is better. Though missing out on holy shock doesnt make you lose much. All you need is tons and tons of spell crit gear to critical heal on 50% of your FoL heals. Using reck spec for healing is possible. The only downside is you lose 4% holy spell crit

I can see it happening with trash packs where you can get some hits here and there to give you charges, but for boss fights, would reckoning still be a good call in your opinion? Seems like you have to rely on dragon tail cleaves, or maybe stuff like Lethon's volley to get hit.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by shamwow » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:11 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:
shamwow wrote:

I can see it happening with trash packs where you can get some hits here and there to give you charges, but for boss fights, would reckoning still be a good call in your opinion? Seems like you have to rely on dragon tail cleaves, or maybe stuff like Lethon's volley to get hit.

No, what I mean is you bring the trash mob and keep it alive the entire raid with you. Other raid mobs cant hurt it. Only the dps classes in your raid can damage it which can be prevented easily.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ChipTheMonk » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:31 pm

shamwow wrote:No, what I mean is you bring the trash mob and keep it alive the entire raid with you. Other raid mobs cant hurt it. Only the dps classes in your raid can damage it which can be prevented easily.

Ahhh k. Keep your healers in combat for 2h. Makes sense.
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by shamwow » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:37 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:
shamwow wrote:No, what I mean is you bring the trash mob and keep it alive the entire raid with you. Other raid mobs cant hurt it. Only the dps classes in your raid can damage it which can be prevented easily.

Ahhh k. Keep your healers in combat for 2h. Makes sense.

He wasnt talking about healers using mobs. He asked what spec to heal as before and now he is asking how pve dps reckoning works. Healers dont use a 2 hand.

Reckoning isnt a healing spell, its a spell powerful enough at one shotting level 70s.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ChipTheMonk » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:13 am

If anyone buffs or heals you while you are in combat with something, they also become in combat with that enemy.
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by shamwow » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:55 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:If anyone buffs or heals you while you are in combat with something, they also become in combat with that enemy.

Thats right but because they are critting me for a tiny 250 every 1.5 seconds or 500 with 4 mobs, I can maintain them on me and the minimal heals without needing potions or crystal restores all I need are renews. And there are mobs that can hit less then 50. All I need are minimal low heals which dont buildup high threat. As well as truesilver to heal me.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=7939

As a spell damage paladin with12k armor from another users devotion aura and buffs. Those mobs were Born to give me reckoning as they dont hit hard.

I also know two things only a paladin can do.

Exploited gear to gain infinite healing (not tier 1) which is unknown to mostly 90% of everyone and will probably never get fixed due to bug reports.

Second I will be the first to reach 7k dps with that spell damage reckoning 4 mob setup.

Just to compare a level 80 does 4k to 8k bis and 11k dps icc non cd and maintainable. This might end up being 4 instead of 7 but Im sure with a 1.5 speed weapon my trinket procs should proc on every 5th swing.
Last edited by shamwow on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin