Just a quick question about those "bugs" i keep hearing.

Re: Just a quick question about those "bugs" i keep hearing.

by JCarrill0 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Poli wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:
Poli wrote:I'd say go for it. I used the 21/0/30 HolyRet spec in PvP and it works out alright, reckoning and shockadin spec also work. As for raids and PvE, you'll have to find a guild that will accept Pally dpsers. As the others have said though, you'll have to have a thick skin and suffer through the hate and skepticism about PvE Pally dps.

don't a PvP paladin want precision? (requires 8 points into protection)

I prefer a more hybrid and support playstyle with a 2 hander for pvp so i prefer having divine favor and illumination to toss out heals to others when needed in PvP. The precision talent should be suited to paladins who prefer a more aggressive playstyle such as deep ret or reckoning.

Yours is... Deep ret.
Poli wrote:I'd say go for it. I used the 21/0/30 HolyRet spec in PvP and it works out alright, reckoning and shockadin spec also work. As for raids and PvE, you'll have to find a guild that will accept Pally dpsers. As the others have said though, you'll have to have a thick skin and suffer through the hate and skepticism about PvE Pally dps.

You don't need precision for the 31 Talent. so... if your planning on using melee Abilities like SoC, and White hits (auto attack) you need the 3% hit from Precision correct?
can you link me the Build you plan to use?
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Poli » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:15 pm

I refer to the 11/9/31 spec as the deep Ret spec, sorry for the confusion. I'm currently Reckoning specced, but i used the 21/0/30 for a long time as i really liked the supporting playstyle in PvP. It's decently useable both in raids with healing gear on, and in pvp with damage gear on.

Link http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sE0uzxoZZVfotrcq
It's the so called "Retnoob" spec that duki linked in his archive thread from 2006.
Poli
Tester

by JCarrill0 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:05 pm

Poli wrote:I refer to the 11/9/31 spec as the deep Ret spec, sorry for the confusion. I'm currently Reckoning specced, but i used the 21/0/30 for a long time as i really liked the supporting playstyle in PvP. It's decently useable both in raids with healing gear on, and in pvp with damage gear on.

It's the so called "Retnoob" spec that duki linked in his archive thread from 2006.

And as I explained you need the 3% hit when you PvP, what are you using Div Favor if not heals?
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Poli » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:32 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:
Poli wrote:I refer to the 11/9/31 spec as the deep Ret spec, sorry for the confusion. I'm currently Reckoning specced, but i used the 21/0/30 for a long time as i really liked the supporting playstyle in PvP. It's decently useable both in raids with healing gear on, and in pvp with damage gear on.

And as I explained you need the 3% hit when you PvP, what are you using Div Favor if not heals?

I find PvP to be more fast paced and burst oriented myself so i don't put much emphasis on hit. As i recall, you need only 5% hit for PvP and i already have 3% from gear. In my opinion precision is a waste of talent for PvP because of the short paced nature of combat compared to the long boss fights in PvE. You don't need precision if you're wrecking faces with a reckbomb or holyshock bursting people to death. I agree that precision is absolutely necessary if you intend to do dps in a PvE raid situation though.

In any case as i said, the 21/0/30 is just a flexible spec if you wanna do both pvp, solo farm stuff or heal in raids, it's not the go-to spec for full retribution raiding.
As for Divine Favor, i find it really useful in PvP situations if you need a clutch heal to save a warrior, or turn the tide of a battle with a critical heal - especially if your gear has spelldmg and healing on it or hybridly itemized. The same arguments can be made for Repentance too though, it's just my personal preference that i find DF more useful than Repentance.
Poli
Tester

Previous

Return to Paladin