Spell Power Weapon Options for Prot?

Spell Power Weapon Options for Prot?

by metrolol » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:48 am

Hey there, I'm a long time Paladin who has always loved tanking and healing both and I am actually really impressed to see there being some support for Prot as a dungeon tank.
This is right up my alley, and after reading quite a few threads and watching Duki's videos I'm pretty excited to try it out.

So my question is, where can I find some started Spell Power weapons? I notice quite a few times he swears by it, but after looking through dungeons like BRD, Mauradon, and ST, (places you can usually find some decent gear as you are approaching 60) I wasn't able to see any options for this.

You see, I'm typically some one who likes to approach this as balls to the walls as possible, and fully intend to go about this with the best gear possible before I begin even fully trying it.
This means collecting BOEs as well as consumables and any thing that can give me an advantage.

So does anyone have some experience in a few different spell power weapon options for Paladin?
Would LOVE a list of 4-5 that may include some BOEs to watch for if possible. I've seen one that was an epic going for 4k, so obviously thats not happening any time soon lol
With this in mind, maybe the best option is to pick up a proper tanking sword and just stock up on Wizard Oils?

Thanks in advance, and look forward to seeing what I can do in dungeons!
metrolol
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Spell Power Weapon Options for Prot?

by TheFishyOne » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:12 am

Best you will do before DM E is Fist of Stone off Landslide in Mara. Damn fast, and it procs frequently.

Duki uses Energetic Rod off last boss in DM E. I use Mind Carver off Prince in DM W. We both forked over the dough to The +30 Spelldmg Mafia to megacharge them. Both will serve you well as preraid weapons, but I am partial to mine for having more INT, white dmg, and a faster swing speed (even though his has 2 more spelldmg).
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:48 am

use landslide from Maraudon it helps with some mana , focus via seal of wisdom/jusdge of wisdom elites and spam aoe , another impression i have is Flurry Axe in combination with seal/judge of wisdom.

That is up to level 60 , from level 60 you focus on DM E or DM W spell damage weapons.
As Fishy said 30 SP on Weapon helps lot for Threats too and is currently our best enchant for aggro.

Good luck in your tanking adventure <3
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by metrolol » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Awesome, thanks so much.
metrolol
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Paladin