How to Pallytank Spider Boss in ZG?

How to Pallytank Spider Boss in ZG?

by TheFishyOne » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:20 pm

Duki, you just logged off in game, but this is right up your alley.

Naturally, anyone else who might know is welcome to contribute.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: How to Pallytank Spider Boss in ZG?

by Theloras » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:43 pm

cast blessing of freedom on yourself
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TheFishyOne » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:08 am

Will that block the aggro reset?
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DrearyYew » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:49 am

yes
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:24 am

That can work but i'd rather play the official Tactic.

1.Your raid suppose to be split in 2 groups. (melee group and range group)
2.You have to start Maintanking the Boss.
3.Each group (range and melee) suppose to have 1 Tank and 1 Healer, Melee group recommending to have Paladin healer.
4.Don't waste pot or rune until web occur on you and your group. (use 1 of them each web).
5.Make sure groups stackup each other and nobody move between or away from their group Tank.
6.Make sure your damage dealers wait for 1 second before they Aggro once Web happen.
7.Make sure Range and Melee Groups doesn't move close next to each other nor anyone from their groups.(they have to wait for Boss to come near and group tank to take over).

In short explanation , split the raid group in 2 , have 1 healer,1 tank each group don't get close each other , everyone stack up on each group , you start to MT boss and stay with melee group,make sure other tank don't get close to you while taunting or tanking boss (same rule apply for you).

Hope this will help , good luck.
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Killstick » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:12 am

Can be tanked with FAP aswell
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mchayes » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:32 am

just get a thunderfury

anyway, spider seems somewhat bugged in that it spamms the threat reset. if you wanna pally tank it,ask all dps to stop in spider form.
Mchayes
Sergeant
Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Mchayes wrote:just get a thunderfury

anyway, spider seems somewhat bugged in that it spamms the threat reset. if you wanna pally tank it,ask all dps to stop in spider form.

threat reset each web you mean or randomly?

because threat reset indeed should happen when you get webbed.

That is the reason why i explained official tactic how it suppose to work .

GZ for TF but ain't that good threat, go get neffy mace!.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:22 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:That can work but i'd rather play the official Tactic.

3.Each group (range and melee) suppose to have 1 Tank and 1 Healer, Melee group recommending to have Paladin healer.
4.Don't waste pot or rune until web occur on you and your group. (use 1 of them each web).
5.Make sure groups stackup each other and nobody move between or away from their group Tank.
6.Make sure your damage dealers wait for 1 second before they Aggro once Web happen.
7.Make sure Range and Melee Groups doesn't move close next to each other nor anyone from their groups.(they have to wait for Boss to come near and group tank to take over).

In short explanation , split the raid group in 2 , have 1 healer,1 tank each group don't get close each other , everyone stack up on each group , you start to MT boss and stay with melee group,make sure other tank don't get close to you while taunting or tanking boss (same rule apply for you).

Don't forget the poison nova, and spider adds, they grow in size.
Also I know that when I healed this I would place freedoms on the tanks right before the web which allowed them to grab the spider but the aggro was still reset.
As a warrior tank we would have them pre-taunt at the time of the webbing, it's not really a wasted taunt since on the aggro reset the taunt is still active allowing her to stay on the tank even while webbed.
As a paladin tank when I did it, I used freedom to release me but I still had to rebuild aggro. (Ps - I healed zg in retail, the remaining sections about pre-taunt, and my paladin tanking was from private servers)
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:42 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:That can work but i'd rather play the official Tactic.

Don't forget the poison nova, and spider adds, they grow in size.
Also I know that when I healed this I would place freedoms on the tanks right before the web which allowed them to grab the spider but the aggro was still reset.
As a warrior tank we would have them pre-taunt at the time of the webbing, it's not really a wasted taunt since on the aggro reset the taunt is still active allowing her to stay on the tank even while webbed.
As a paladin tank when I did it, I used freedom to release me but I still had to rebuild aggro. (Ps - I healed zg in retail, the remaining sections about pre-taunt, and my paladin tanking was from private servers)

My explanation was specific for adaptation regarding Paladin Tank how to do it and with Paladin Tank, Also easiest way to do this Boss.

Speaking of Specifics :

1- When the spiders spawn , they should be killed fast as it is possible , no matter at which group they go (ofc they will always go toward non web targets).
2- 1 Paladin Healer to Melee due to it's Ability to Cleanse and focus on 1 target Healing (mostly tank).
3- 2 Healers to Range group (Druid + Priest) or (Paladin+Priest) or whatever 1 target that can cleanse or remove Poison , Another reason for having 2 Healers in that group is the little spiders spawning from there and majority cloth group.
4- Wiping threats doesn't mean that boss will wipe out specific to the tank , but to the whole group and this is the reason why we split into 2 groups so the boss swap between groups with "fresh" threats starting from 0 and Tank is able to instant grab it.
5- Mana burn Boss to prevent him from doing drain life (don't forget to interrupt it) or casting poisons.
6- Range group should never stand at the eggs or close to them.

While the Paladin will be the 1st Group that start since the very beginning and get 1st the "wiped threats" , Warrior which can Taunt will stand with the Range group who is not affected by the 1st "wiped threats" .

Once second wiped threats because of webs happens, everyone will go down to 0 threats and "paladin" with simple judgement will be able to get the aggro back.

p.s if only 1 healer at range group make sure is the Paladin or Druid since you as Paladin MT can self cleanse.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Next

Return to Paladin