How to Pallytank Spider Boss in ZG?

Re: How to Pallytank Spider Boss in ZG?

by justclassic » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:01 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
GZ for TF but ain't that good threat, go get neffy mace!.

It's by far the craziest threat weapon in the game. Especially for paladins which don't rely on daggers for faster heroic strikes. I don't see how 84 spellpower would ever outweigh a 13dps disadvantage + a 300 damage procc with 25% procc chance from white hits and specials. (source: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=703 )

But I hope you can enlighten me as
smilkovpetko wrote:I play since 2005 this Game and i know how my role work 100%.
justclassic
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:20 pm

justclassic wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:
GZ for TF but ain't that good threat, go get neffy mace!.

It's by far the craziest threat weapon in the game. Especially for paladins which don't rely on daggers for faster heroic strikes. I don't see how 84 spellpower would ever outweigh a 13dps disadvantage + a 300 damage procc with 25% procc chance from white hits and specials. (source: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=703 )

But I hope you can enlighten me as
smilkovpetko wrote:I play since 2005 this Game and i know how my role work 100%.

First of all , TF is OP Threats for Warriors and not for Paladins.

Especially for paladins which don't rely on daggers for faster heroic strikes.

We are not Warriors and we have different working Abilities, we don't need to gain Rage for more Heroic Strikes and so on.

I don't see how 84 spellpower would ever outweigh a 13dps disadvantage

Here is simple Education for you since this is not my first time to argue with you regarding stuffs you trash talk without any practice :

don't know how good lifestealing scale in nostalrius ,but if it is working blizzlike then 30 SP is more threats , considering the fact that SP increase all our Holy damage thus Holy damage is our threat generator .

Aura Stone > Energetic rod (because of more SP+extra Mp5+extra Int)
If you have under 150 Spell Damage , slower weapon produce more threats , if you have 200+ Spell Damage , faster weapon produce more threats.

Swing speed vs Swing Damage.
Swing Holy damage should be higher or equal to 200 in order to focus on more speed to burst higher threats.

Just Example using SP

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 53#p263215

That was only SoR , but consider JoR scale on much higher amounts which extremely helpful for "Taunt" purposes , Holy Shield which is our top 1 Threat Generator which produces 20% extra threats from the existant "90" % threats.

And as last words :i never seen better weapon enchant or weapon which produce high enough threats for Consecration than SP Weapon (talking about existant equal level gear quality)or SP Weapon Enchant.
(waiting for Crusader to proc in order to use Consecration is bad idea)

Currently in Nostalrius situation (considering bugged ap consecration scaling) threats Values:
SP>Block>AP>Parry>SP HiT>SP Crit>Crit>Mp5>Intellect>Spirit

Q/A:

Q. Why SP?
A. Increase to all abilities "Holy" Damage which produce 90% extra Threats.

Q. Why AP?
A. Because Consecration in Nostalrius is bugged beneficial and scale with Attack Power at equal rate as Spell Power (they both working same)

Q. Why Block?
A. Because our major mana efficient vs threat generator abilities benefit from this stat "Holy Shield" which cost low mana and produce 20% extra Holy Threats and Blessing of Sanctuary which cost 0 mana and produce extra Holy Threats.

Q. Why Parry?
A. Reduces your next swing down to 1.0 Speed and benefit Seal of Righteousness and Physical Hits (that both get increased by One-Handed Weapon Specialization) "currently bug waiting to get fixed".

Q. Why Spell Hit rating?
A. We lack Taunt! Similar version to Taunt is Judgement of Righteousness which damage get reduced by level partial resists , Spell Hit reduce the damage penalty , also Exorcism against Undeads which is top 1 threat generator using low mana benefits same as Judgement of Righteousness

Q. Why Spell Crit ?
A. Similar to Spell Hit but three times more efficient due to extra threat generation not just by the increased damage but the natural critical threat generation explained by Kenco's Guide.

Q. Why Crit ?
A. Don't underestimate the white swings , they might produce low threats but because of one-handed weapon specialization their damage is still high and thus are part of our +threats , maybe on lower scale but each Critical hit benefit extra amount of threats explained by Kenco's Guide.

Q. Why Mp5 at low priority?
A. It is good stat to have but useless compare to mention stats above as the whole situation get solved using Demonic Rune/Dark Rune and Major Mana Potion which are more than enough to handle infinite duration of fight. Still bonus if you have it as extra judge or holy shield is ok.

Q. Why Intellect lowest priority?
A. If you manage good your Consumes , if you have enough Spell Damage , if you have Raid Buffs then this Stat is completely useless considering the fact that you are not Class to spam abilities . Still ok for extra mana to have more control over wasted Consecration at wrong position.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by justclassic » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:39 pm

You missred my sentence about heroic strike as I said especially paladins because they have no conserns with being rage capped as they don't have rage.

You wrote a very long text yet you didn't give a single evidence in Form of any kind of calculation that 84 spell power outweigh thunderfurys advantages.

Also I think using sotc performs better than sor in terms of threat. (Especially in its current bugged state)

Edit: do you have any footage where sor scaling can be seen except for rune of dawn as it is bugged on many servers to simply add 48 dmg to the spell instead of working with coefficients?

If scaling is really 1:1 than that would be like a really crazy bug. Someone should try a sp pally then 8-) .

Edit2: consecration may benefit from sp but 84sp would give consecration 3! additional dmg per tick.
Last edited by justclassic on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justclassic
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheFishyOne » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:49 pm

Duki, I'm confused. Is JoR treated like a proper spell, or a melee attack that can't be dodged/blocked/parried?
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:06 am

TheFishyOne wrote:Duki, I'm confused. Is JoR treated like a proper spell, or a melee attack that can't be dodged/blocked/parried?

SoR cannot resist or be blocked/dodged/parried but JoR can resist as it is a spell
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by smilkovpetko » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:38 am

TheFishyOne wrote:Duki, I'm confused. Is JoR treated like a proper spell, or a melee attack that can't be dodged/blocked/parried?

Spell that should never "full resist" (holy resistance not suppose to exist) , it should get reduce damage via partial resist according to "level damage reduction" Rules , and have high spell coefficient.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:03 am

You missred my sentence about heroic strike as I said especially paladins because they have no conserns with being rage capped as they don't have rage.

That is the reason we don't care about Melee Weapons and their Melee Damage per second.

You wrote a very long text yet you didn't give a single evidence in Form of any kind of calculation that 84 spell power outweigh thunderfurys advantages.

There is Spell Coefficient list for Paladins which you can go and take a look.

I don't see how 84 spellpower would ever outweigh a 13dps disadvantage + a 300 damage procc with 25%

Thunderfury
13dps = 13 threats
25% / 300 = 75 / 2 = 37 threats (we exclude dodge/parry/miss) that will happen often and reduce this.

Lok'amir
(let say official coefficient reports instead Nostalrius current state)

84 SP = 8 damage to SoR (that suppose to be even higher according to bugtracker i have report match formula) = 15 threats
If it work properly SoR will do 32 Threats (which i assume nostalrius ninja fixed this)

27 damage to Consecration = 47 Threats = 5 Threats per Tick

4 damage to Holy Shield = 10 Threats per Block

42 damage to Judgement of Righteousness = 76 Threats / 8 = 9.5 per second

I wont mention Exorcism,Holy Wrath,Hammer of Wraith. But with them this will be ++++.

When One-Handed Weapon Specialization get fixed it will increase SoR damage by extra 10% and will provide extra 19% threats. (it suppose to increase all abilities and SP by 10% but our isvv team is pro).

Also I think using sotc performs better than sor in terms of threat. (Especially in its current bugged state)

1 Melee Swing = 1 Threat , 1 Holy Damage = 1.9 Threats , SoTC = Melee Swings and maybe will increase 50 Damage Maximum = 50 Threats , SoR = Holy Damage that without spell damage will do minimum 30 Holy Damage = 54 Threats.

With +Spell Damage SoR will scale much higher than SoTC with +AP.

SoTC will benefit Consecration but it is Mana inefficient and only for 1-2 Casts , SoR will be completely Free.

Edit: do you have any footage where sor scaling can be seen except for rune of dawn as it is bugged on many servers to simply add 48 dmg to the spell instead of working with coefficients?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hQzVdI-U0s 10:28 SoR+JoTC = 65 damage without spell damage weapon.

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 4986_o.jpg

SoR+JoTC = 80 damage with 44 Spell Damage.

Edit2: consecration may benefit from sp but 84sp would give consecration 3! additional dmg per tick.

it will end up 27 damage / 8 = 3 + 90% = 5 Threats per Tick.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:53 am

Guys... Stick to the topic!
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by justclassic » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:59 am

I'm on my tablet currently thats why I can't write a lot. To make things comparable we would need to bring things down to the same unity. Here it should be tps.

I still believe TF+SoTc outperforms lokamir+sor. I might get a chance on Monday to make a new topic (@jcarillo sry for offtopic) about why I think it so. So far all of you have a nice easter weekend :)
justclassic
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 pm

justclassic wrote:I'm on my tablet currently thats why I can't write a lot. To make things comparable we would need to bring things down to the same unity. Here it should be tps.

I still believe TF+SoTc outperforms lokamir+sor. I might get a chance on Monday to make a new topic (@jcarillo sry for offtopic) about why I think it so. So far all of you have a nice easter weekend :)

i am excited to see how you will value tf+sotc vs lok'amir with jotc sor :D
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin