Ret Dream Dead due to PTR?

Re: Ret Dream Dead due to PTR?

by DrearyYew » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:41 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:Patch 1.12

patch 1.12, we're on 1.12.1 spells and abilities

There is no conclusive evidence to remove AP scaling. In order to change something, CONCLUSIVE evidence is needed. In this case, the evidence is not conclusive, yet developers are saying "fuck it, they're ret paladins, who cares lol" and changing it anyways.

It's not the fact that they're nerfing Consecrate, it's the principle that worries me. If they're willing to change something without conclusive evidence, what are they willing to change? They refuse to fix things that have conclusive evidence, yet they change things that don't have conclusive evidence. This type of inconsistency and unpredictability is extremely worrying.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:18 am

DrearyYew wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:Patch 1.12

patch 1.12, we're on 1.12.1 spells and abilities

There is no conclusive evidence to remove AP scaling. In order to change something, CONCLUSIVE evidence is needed. In this case, the evidence is not conclusive, yet developers are saying "fuck it, they're ret paladins, who cares lol" and changing it anyways.

It's not the fact that they're nerfing Consecrate, it's the principle that worries me. If they're willing to change something without conclusive evidence, what are they willing to change? They refuse to fix things that have conclusive evidence, yet they change things that don't have conclusive evidence. This type of inconsistency and unpredictability is extremely worrying.

I am not so sure in what World do you live but ain't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1_jBM9Jkpk uploaded before Patch 2.0.1 ?!....

Uploaded on Nov 5, 2006 Patch 1.12.1 (fixed for you) (2.0.1 was released at 5th December)
watch at 6:29
this guy crit with melee swing that proc vengeance
he use consecration and his consecration tick 58
then he use seal of the crusade (attack power)
then he use consecration tick 50
then he use seal of wisdom (non attack power)
he got vengeance proc and consecrate tick again 58
he consecrate using seal of wisdom and vengeance
his consecrate tick again 58
his vengeance runs off
his consecrate tick again 50

Evidence - it didn't work with attack power and it only raise up with vengeance
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:03 am

tested it today on ptr is not fixed
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Heglamore » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:20 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:tested it today on ptr is not fixed

So maybe they were experimenting with it, and reverted it for purposes of balance (as I'm sure they've done with many class bugs that interfere with current players DPS and damage output) so as not to hamper some guilds (and scheduled PUGs) raid progression (such as guilds doing Molten Core who regularly bring retribution paladins).

Stuff happens. You don't run a big server like this without being at least somewhat informed on how the community functions. Nostalrius devs actually -play- on Nostalrius, I am sure... not just sit on the forums and Lord over it.

I'm certain at least one Nostalrius dev also plays a ret paladin, given the law of averages and the current class population numbers. :-P

A friend of mine says warrior rage regeneration is -way- off on the server... that it was to low, when he had Destiny, and it's to high now that he has TUF. I wouldn't know, because I never played a warrior; but.. Nostalrius has a *lot* of moving parts.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Theloras » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Ran a resistance macro on the PTR earlier today in AQ20/40 - mobs there still have Holy Resistance:

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/8472/jpIkEj.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/5064/Fe0KM9.jpg

This makes me sad in the pants :(
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Heglamore » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:51 am

Is that -with- Consecrate no longer scaling? Or did that get reverted? I'm getting mixed messages from people whom have been on the PTR.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by thetrubs » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:49 pm

My GM is big anti-ret (and has no clue about paladin mechanics specific to this server) and I'm having a feeling he just made it up to try and get me to go holy before AQ releases. I went on the PTR myself to confirm that Consecrate works as it always has.
thetrubs
Tester

by lupeh » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Theloras wrote:
Darkwinjax wrote:this is perfect for you boys, more "bugs" so you can blame your shitty performances on.

imagine every npc, boss and player having so much shadow resistance (like 200+ SR) that even your precious Curse of Shadow could do little if not nothing to prevent your damage being halved

that's what we are dealing with here darkwnjax - but I would hardly imagine someone like you being able to understand that

Atm in bwl chromagus has so many holy resistance.
Is this bugged aswell or is it normal?

Btw don't know if u remember me but im xydrom(pally), aventin,lorealmen from peenix
Retribution Paladin ~ The Blooders
lupeh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:00 pm

lupeh wrote:
Theloras wrote:
Darkwinjax wrote:this is perfect for you boys, more "bugs" so you can blame your shitty performances on.

imagine every npc, boss and player having so much shadow resistance (like 200+ SR) that even your precious Curse of Shadow could do little if not nothing to prevent your damage being halved

that's what we are dealing with here darkwnjax - but I would hardly imagine someone like you being able to understand that

Atm in bwl chromagus has so many holy resistance.
Is this bugged aswell or is it normal?

Btw don't know if u remember me but im xydrom(pally), aventin,lorealmen from peenix

This is extremely and gamebreaking bugged same bug as peenix had either , Chromaggus should not apply Holy Resistance since it is 0 , can't go higher .
The only "partial resist" is level based but this should never increase because it is unrelated to "resistance" formulas.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by lupeh » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:58 am

Allright, thx killer
Retribution Paladin ~ The Blooders
lupeh
Senior Sergeant