Protection aoe grinding tips

Protection aoe grinding tips

by Holyqt » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:42 am

Since hitting level 41 I've switched from 11/0/21 to 11/21/0. Using a mithril shield spike, ret aura, consecration, and blessing of sanctuary I can aoe 8-10 mobs with ease without needing cool downs. Each pull I get about a 1/4 to 1/2 bar of experience depending on level of mobs.

Does anyone have any tips for this method of leveling? Any gear or items to look for? Talents? Locations? At my current level it's difficult to find a location with good mob density that isn't too low or too high of a level. I know once I hit EPL and WPL this will go quicker with holy shield at 51.
Holyqt
Tester

Re: Protection aoe grinding tips

by smilkovpetko » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:23 am

Holyqt wrote:Since hitting level 41 I've switched from 11/0/21 to 11/21/0. Using a mithril shield spike, ret aura, consecration, and blessing of sanctuary I can aoe 8-10 mobs with ease without needing cool downs. Each pull I get about a 1/4 to 1/2 bar of experience depending on level of mobs.

Does anyone have any tips for this method of leveling? Any gear or items to look for? Talents? Locations? At my current level it's difficult to find a location with good mob density that isn't too low or too high of a level. I know once I hit EPL and WPL this will go quicker with holy shield at 51.

just continue like that and follow protection paladin raid build with exception you can go reckoning instead anticipation (avoid anticipation at any cost) .

go dungeons is what i recommend . thats all for leveling.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Holyqt » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:01 am

Current spec as of late:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxzZV0xILzL

So should I stay away from anticipation? Figure the added Def would be welcomed?

I'm thinking of ending my spec like:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxuoxoZVMtIxzx

Or maybe if anticipation would not be the best choice : http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxuoxoZVGxIczx

This would be for endgame healing in raids and dungeons, as well as tanking dungeons and being able to farm solo. Am I way off here?

Any input is appreciated as I never did any endgame in vanilla as a paladin. Mine stayed a 29 think til launch of TBC.
Holyqt
Tester

by justclassic » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:29 am

Tanaris wastewater bandits is great for early 40s. The low lvl ones (40-41) as they are meele only.

45+ the pirate bay in Tanaris.

On pve server very smooth, on pvp server better don't try this as you'll get killed a lot in these areas.
justclassic
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Holyqt » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:18 am

justclassic wrote:Tanaris wastewater bandits is great for early 40s. The low lvl ones (40-41) as they are meele only.

45+ the pirate bay in Tanaris.

On pve server very smooth, on pvp server better don't try this as you'll get killed a lot in these areas.

Yeah I started out with the lower wastewater mobs in tanaris but they just seemed too spread out. The Pirates are good if I don't go during peak hours. Made that mistake the one time I went and I was competing vs 3 other mages there. I know I shocked some of them being a paladin in there though
Holyqt
Tester

by earelith » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:34 am

This is what i plan to do also.. But still level atm.. I am curious, do you use seal of wisdom or seal of the crusader? Crusader adds damage to consecration but dont know if there is mana problem... Do you use any consumables? Is your gear very good for your level? 7-8 mobs at 41 look veey impressive :)

I am thinking something like this as end spec http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxuoxZVhtI0zvo
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Holyqt » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:12 pm

earelith wrote:This is what i plan to do also.. But still level atm.. I am curious, do you use seal of wisdom or seal of the crusader? Crusader adds damage to consecration but dont know if there is mana problem... Do you use any consumables? Is your gear very good for your level? 7-8 mobs at 41 look veey impressive :)

I am thinking something like this as end spec http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sVxuoxZVhtI0zvo

My gear is decent I guess. I've kind of out leveled it so it's definitely lacking now. What level are you? And it depends on which seal I use. About 90% of the time I use seal of wisdom, judge, and reapply seal of wisdom. Other 10% I use seal of crusader for more consecrate dmg. For instance in swamp of sorrows there are murlocs that are good for aoe'ing, but they put a dot that decreases chance to hit by 50% so my melee swings are pretty much worthless.

Also I'm not sure but I think the one handed specialization is bugged so I think those 4 points you have may be better spent elsewhere.

Oh and btw, no consumables. Before I go grind I pay a mage 50s for 3 or 4 stacks of food and water both. Occasionally I bubble and throw a bandage up and keep on going. I try not to heal during the fight since when casting you do not block so when you heal you lose more hp and do less damage.
Holyqt
Tester

by earelith » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:05 pm

I see, thanks a lot for the tips :) level 28 atm, so icannot try aoe grind. I will try at around 40-41
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:21 pm

id say your doing really well, you got the mana you got the aoe, the gear is descent and you know NOT to heal during a beat down
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Holyqt » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:19 am

JCarrill0 wrote:id say your doing really well, you got the mana you got the aoe, the gear is descent and you know NOT to heal during a beat down

Thanks! I think 55ish I'm going to switch focus more to getting pre raid bis for healing
Holyqt
Tester

Return to Paladin