Ret Palas in Classic.

Re: Ret Palas in Classic.

by Nems87 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:33 am

Its seams that most of you ppl dosnt play pally or vanilla at all. You know, there actually was a short period (as for me), when ppl dont even thinking about shit like that. It was time, when this game had some soul, and players some fantasy spirit. And ppl dosnt care really about specs. Cmon guys, its vanilla, and its easy. Ofc its raids hard in its own ways, but they was simple totaly. For example most 5 man dungeons could be done in 3-4, with ret pallys on heal and fury wars on tanking. I remember how we do 40 man raids in 25-30, mb not all bosses, but hardest part was to group up 40 players, not dungeons itself. It was more question of outstanding, not even special tactic or something. Its later, when in this game came a lot of matchkins (or something like that, on my native language we call them selffu**ers), ppl like them made it means only like numbers, fap on +2 damage upgrade, or: "OMG, YOU GOT AGI INSTEAD OF CRUS!!!11". They donet even understend that foggoten free spirit of fantasy and journey, they fogget, that its supposed to be fun, and not a brainf*ck. And i remember, how this racism (classism) begin to grow up, like a cancer, from opinion of small group of sick ppl. This game never was up to this, ofc pally cant be top DD, but deal not in this, it was in play your own little fun, little story, before matchkins (selff**ers) ruined it. In other way, this game needs only Hpriests, prot wars, and some mages. The first really hard dungeon that i met in WoW was Kara in next expansion. And even there i played retri, and with me my guild first time clear it. And later, when we was gearing up next group i even was top DD :D. And when some guild cant do an Archimonde for example, deal not in changing ret pally or balncer dru for one more elem or mage, deal just in wrong actions and teamplay. Most of you came here to find that losted spirit of WoW, but with this bullshit in your heads you NEVER gonna find it. So ppl pls, fogget this racism (classism), stop trolling, play as you want, and give others play as they wants, just to all can be happy. Dont be fu*ktarded matchkinss (selff**ers). Wanna play retry or balancer or etc, do it, raid cant win or lose just becose of it, its not thats REALLY means. Yor maybe never be top DD, but you can get your fun. Dont let that cancer grow up.
im done.
Nems87
Tester

by auk » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:10 pm

i bet having 7 ret paladins in a raid is viable since judgement of crusader stacks and SoC has 100% coefficient from it
auk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Erob » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:32 pm

I agree completely. Ret is totally viable I wish more people could see it
Erob
Private
Private

by teesd » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:29 pm

lyrical wrote:I hope you watched Laintime too

I'm so glad you mentioned Laintime. Even to this day I've never watched a more skilled warrior. People always say that everyone was clueless in vanilla, but look at people like Laintime, Polzie, Gegon, Vurtne and Mute (I think that's what the guy's name is who made World of Roguecraft 1-3) and you can clearly see that was not the case :)

Off-topic I know, just had to say it :lol:
Hoplite - Human Paladin
teesd
Tester

by stama » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:23 am

I started my first paladin in 1.0.1 and still play in 6.1.2
Now Ret is pretty decent. But you are not on Retail anymore.

Ret paladins in 1.12.1 are god awful, they can be awesome in some aspects but they are ultimately god awful.
If you want a good spec that will still let you dps and have 0 issues getting into dungeons or raids would recommend becoming a shockadin.

Solo, you're a bit of a pain and can deal damage to kill things.
In a raid you heal and do your duties of a support class.

Sorry man, I know you prefer ret, but until you master god awful paladin you will appreciate retail when you play it.
stama
Tester

by Rince » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:07 pm

auk wrote:i bet having 7 ret paladins in a raid is viable since judgement of crusader stacks and SoC has 100% coefficient from it

yes it makes sense to have 7 JotC in a 8 debuff system
Rince
Grunt
Grunt

by BK2710 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:41 am

Rince wrote:
auk wrote:i bet having 7 ret paladins in a raid is viable since judgement of crusader stacks and SoC has 100% coefficient from it

yes it makes sense to have 7 JotC in a 8 debuff system

36paladin+4mages raids (cus vending machines+decurse).
paladin is the true class :)
BK2710
Sergeant
Sergeant

by GTrax » Thu May 28, 2015 1:08 pm

By the way. I don't know how many of you guys have noticed this, but all the way untill patch 1.9 SoC is supposed to do 100% of weap dmg as holy dmg instead of 70%. Since this server runs 1.12 with 1.4 itemization at the moment, the 30% diference really ruins pala dps since theres not +spell damage plates at all to compensate for the lowered weapdmg % of SoC.
http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=1844878_2
- Checked this in wowprovider talent calculator that is supposed to have the right talents for every patch in vanilla.
Uta Shadowbreaker is my name. Break them shadows them Spriests and Locks.
Uta- 21/0/30 Paladin. #ForeverRet
GTrax
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Thu May 28, 2015 1:24 pm

GTrax wrote:By the way. I don't know how many of you guys have noticed this, but all the way untill patch 1.9 SoC is supposed to do 100% of weap dmg as holy dmg instead of 70%. Since this server runs 1.12 with 1.4 itemization at the moment, the 30% diference really ruins pala dps since theres not +spell damage plates at all to compensate for the lowered weapdmg % of SoC.
- Checked this in wowprovider talent calculator that is supposed to have the right talents for every patch in vanilla.

Yep, in the mean time your just going to have to use the old school rank 10 pvp gear for DPS.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Theloras » Thu May 28, 2015 7:19 pm

GTrax wrote:By the way. I don't know how many of you guys have noticed this, but all the way untill patch 1.9 SoC is supposed to do 100% of weap dmg as holy dmg instead of 70%. Since this server runs 1.12 with 1.4 itemization at the moment, the 30% diference really ruins pala dps since theres not +spell damage plates at all to compensate for the lowered weapdmg % of SoC.

it's give and take - yes, SoC used to do 100% weapon dmg as Holy but JoC was a complete joke and not useable as a DD spell

Likewise, when SoC was at 100% it's proc per minute (PPM) was 5 and when they switched it to 70% its PPM was upped to 7.

That being said, having the old school Paladin PvP set is better overall imo.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin