and whats the stat differences i cant really find it
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Ret Palas in Classic.

by JCarrill0 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:45 pm

showtime wrote:cool how long do we have left to get the set

and whats the stat differences i cant really find it

JCarrill0 wrote:There is 2 (yes 2) paladin rank 10 sets, one that is no spell power, and later gets an update, is a completely new set (making the old set unobtainable) that has spell power.

Lieutenant Commander's Redoubt NEW
Knight-Captain's Lamellar Breastplate
Knight-Captain's Lamellar Leggings
Knight-Lieutenant's Lamellar Gauntlets
Knight-Lieutenant's Lamellar Sabatons
Lieutenant Commander's Lamellar Headguard
Lieutenant Commander's Lamellar Shoulders

Set Bonuses
Wearing more pieces of this set will convey bonuses to your character.

• 2 pieces: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 23.
  • 4 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of your Hammer of Justice by 10 sec.
  • 6 pieces: +20 Stamina.

Lieutenant Commander's Aegis OLD
Knight-Lieutenant's Lamellar Gauntlets
Knight-Lieutenant's Lamellar Sabatons
Knight-Captain's Lamellar Breastplate
Knight-Captain's Lamellar Leggings
Lieutenant Commander's Lamellar Headguard
Lieutenant Commander's Lamellar Shoulders

Set Bonuses
Wearing more pieces of this set will convey bonuses to your character.

• 2 pieces: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.
  • 2 pieces: +6 Intellect.
  • 4 pieces: Reduces the cooldown of your Hammer of Justice by 10 sec.
  • 6 pieces: +15 Stamina.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ihealwpvp » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:31 am

ultimately, ret isnt as strong in vanilla as it is in later expansions. Its lowest dps melee spec, just auto attacks.
Ihealwpvp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Ihealwpvp wrote:ultimately, ret isnt as strong in vanilla as it is in later expansions. Its lowest dps melee spec, just auto attacks.

We all know your opinion on Holy vs Ret, that's not the issue here however. Read the OP (Original post). Stick to the Topic.
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by shamwow » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:07 pm

alucard001 wrote:Hello folks. I want to play wow classic again, since i played a bit a long time ago (many years).
I 've been playing on retail wow since 3.3.5, as dk pala and warrior.

My prefer class in the game is Ret pala, and i would like to play it in Wow classic (i heard is not good).
I've been playing in Feenix (the only 60 instant playable server that i know) so i tested a lot of Ret builds.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sEVzMZZxfctrcqo Full damage build, it is the best for a Geared ret. A full crit ret does crit, so it gets vengeance, a notable huge dmg , you can destroy a warrior in a stun, and this build does a decent dmg. It may take a few changes.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sbZVGt0s0xZVf0trco Reckbombing build, it is a good guild for an ungeared ret. It gives good dmg if you get dmg, but if you dont get focused, you are totally useless. You lose one of your main dmg sources aswell, Consecration.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sxVzZVGt0s0xZxf0db Balance build, not bad at all. You do a mediocre dmg, you have consecration, you have reckoning, but you lose dmg because it doesnt give 6% weapong dmg and 10% holy aura.

That has been the Pvp part. Now, speaking about PvE, im an ignorant, because i never played ret in PvE on Wow classic. I heard it is crapay to raiding, the only w is being Holy or no one guild will want you. I though ret would does good dmg on Naxx because u can use Exorcism and Holy Wrath. Anyway, i need someone with exp to give me as much information as possible.

Thank you and regards.

Consecration is actually one of the most useless pvp spells ever. Any skilled player would easily evade it as you waste mana. A player always uses insignia of the alliance to evade it when you stun them, then the second duel they will use either living action potion or a bubble where as if I have reckbomb and you use the living action potion, All I have to do is wait and finish you. So the only potion that you can benefit from is free action potion, however even if you use the 30 second item, my magic dust defeats it. Or on your bubble duel, my goblin rocket boots kiting reroute to reckbomb destroys it as I run around an object while seeing your number with V. You will have a hard time and consecration breaks repentance. The only good thing ret is good for is using the combo of repentance and stun to finish me. Though I have a good counter for that.

Stacking reckoning bomb by spam sitting and then using magic dust is an instant kill. You will be forced to bubble at point blank range from a 10k hitting reckbomb. Then after you have bubbled, I can hammer of justice you, you use insignia but cant do it on every turn or 50% of the duels when your on cd. Then after you use insignia and bubble in that duel, I can iron grenade and hit you without having any evasions. You have 0 chance.

A reckoning paladin is capable of defeating two retribution paladins. I have seen it happen in Gurubashi arena

This is the most powerful jutsu: The 10min cd invisiblity potion + reckoning bomb. That's is a 100% no escape
Now you can easily kill 2 bis mages.
(100 resist bonus petrified scarab is a 3rd trinket, the buff remains when removed, now add the loatheb trinket

or a helmet Charging item + stacked reck to demolish the first player, and then kill his second friend with no stacks.

Talk about a garbage spec? I have played all specs and holy and ret are garbage. The only reason a reck paladin would lose to a holy is because he is stupid enough to use 3k mana to a 6-7k mana paladin and his damage is only doing 1k or under per stack which is pathetic, I can do 1800 per stack in bis gear and still have 5500 mana if I had it. If you are losing as a reck paladin to any other spec, then you are simply not using the items I have acquired that would make you hit as hard as a train. Your hit damage will be so high even if you don't crit it will do more then your SoC crit stacked reckbomb.

Holy is only good for killing your opponent quickly. If you fail, its useless. You need to do 5k damage in the first 10 seconds. If you didn't and your fighting your opponent for 30 seconds or minutes. Then congratulations, you are up against a non 1-2 shot combo hitting noob mage/warlock/ele shaman who isn't bis, which means you just proved holy is pro against non bis players. You want to be compared against bis.

A bis ret paladins damage is actually low in comparison to a reckoning bomb paladin in bis gear. Assuming they have the right gear, the reckoning bombadin will demolish you. He wont even need to use holy shield or Blessing of sanctuary + force reactive disk. He will hit twice as hard as you. The only good thing you have is repentance. Your repentance is actually USELESS on most mages with iceblock. What difference does it do? nothing. Not worth it. Your damage may be marginally higher then mine but if I get crit by a melee or spell, I will do more.

Pvp Shadowpriests actually crit given if they have bis gear for spell crit. If they don't then you are a bad player if you cant beat a 900 hitting priest and put him on defensive if you hit like a train. If the shadow priest just goes for no crit and high spell damage, he will still do shit damage, and you can easily put him on defensive.

In other words, reckoning bomb actually makes the priest weaker or any class, mage warlock anything. By forcing them not to spec spell crit. Which is advantageous for you. Since your hit dps will be higher then their hit dps. The key to winning is using tier 2 and Discombobulator Ray on kiting warlocks or kiting priests. 20 FR helm/leg resistance enchants or haste enchants with petrified scarab and restorative potion. They have no chance against a haste paladin using scrolls of blinding light + kiss of the spider at the same time with a macro for 50% haste with enchants and dpsing then in a 6 second stun.

You also should of also put 1/5 vengeance instead of 2/5 divine strength.

Also reckoning bomb can be used for pve and do 3k dps.

Playing a spam sit reckadin is more fun then playing a boring warlock

Youll probably want high melee crit t2.5 for blazefury medallion and storm gauntlets > tier 2 since a buffed t2.5 is better for reckbomb and tier 2 is the best duel gear for higher non stacked damage. And obviously use seal of righteousness, unless your seal of command is proccing on every reckoning bomb stacks x 3.

If you want to raid. Go god spec. Reckadin. All you need to do is worry about your friends aoes on your pet, the boss and the mobs cant hurt each other, they cant hurt their own faction or your pet. stand on the opposite side of the npc/boss from where a warrior is so his cleave etc doesn't kill your 6k hp mob, or 10hp critter and let any paladin in your group not use consecration since its useless unless the paladin has 10k+ mana to sustain using consecration or just stand away from their aoe, simple.

There are many many mobs in naxx and aq40 that hit for puny puny damage that you can keep on you the entire duel with your mana regenerating back to 100%. Take off the sound on wow, leave the wow music or put a music. Then spam sit for infinite reckbomb. Now you can dps 3-3.3k.
After finding out the agro effect from corrupted ashbringer was a bug, I did some checking and found a digger rat item that spawns a rat for you to kill, however this rat doesn't attack you and unknown if it should. But even without this, you don't need the ash or this item. You just simple get hit by
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=15300 in AQ40 with 12k hp
or Quiraji scarab which makes no sound when it hits you

Maexxna Spiderling or any npcs that remain on you the entire raid or a few you can find in certain areas if it accidentally dies, which you should be good at preventing if you know where to stand in the boss fights, but lets assume a certain boss has a undodgeable aoe, you can find another baby spider npc in naxx, etc. anything you can find that hits 150.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=14025 in bwl (many different coloured whelps) too easy

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=11262 in onyxias lair, its easy to aggro just 2. If your good. then stun one and let you team mate kill it while keeping one on you. You need to let your raid know your strategy. Its their badluck if they don't want a 3-3.3k dpsing paladin since your equal to 4 players.

In molten core, Flame imps crit you for 450 and hit you for much less assuming you have 7k armor from your friends imp devotion aura

These aren't considered critters and will ATTACK.

I would rather trade the ability to do 3-3.3k in 70% of a raid and 600 dps in the remainder 30% then choose to do 800 dps the entire raid. Even if I am being crit for 200-400 damage every second (equal to a 200-400 tick per second). It is well worth qradrupling my dps and worth a priest or healer healing me.

or try get hit by larva and maggot critters in naxx that do 10 damage or less, though the server is bugged and prevents critters from hitting when they would hit you on retail. You call it abuse? then stacking reckbomb on an npc for a fight is abuse. Same thing, and I don't see you calling that abuse? you call it mechanics, well a critter critting me is smart use of mechanics and the same as your npc sitting pvp use.

critters like toads, deeprun rats etc should attack players. Otherwise this is not retail blizzlike. I remember playing back before tbc and deeprun rats hit me when I attacked them.

By claiming over 3k dps. That's how I will justify my raid spot and tell them not to kill my pet.

( 350 spell damage gear + elixir of mongoose, agility potion, songflower serenade)

Reckoning bomb hit per stack

Seal of righteousness = 500
(seal of R does 1500 every 3 swings or SoC 1400 average critting soc every 3 swings (900 hit, max 2000 crit)
Might of menethil hit = 600-700 per swing buffed on boss/npc or a 1400 crit from having 45% crit
Storm gauntlets = 100 per swing
Blazefury Medallion = 100 per swing
Heart of the wyrmthalak = 600 or 200-300 per 1-2 swings
Lifestealing/fiery weapon or fiery blaze scaling 40 on every swing or 200 per few hits

8500 damage every 3.7-3.8 seconds

= 2100-2200 damage on each stack you gain from the npc per second or an extra 1700 dps + your current 700 dps or 800dps in naxx with high damage exorcism.

= 2500-3200 dps in naxx and this can be increased with

(600 darkmoon maelstrom every 3rd reckbomb stack swing or 9 hits
+ Judgement = 450/2 = 225 per 4 seconds

= 3300 dps or 3k dps on average compared to a bis dps class doing 1k

Each mob has an attack speed of roughly 1.5 seconds so you can clearly get two of them to receive 2 reckoning charges every 1.5 seconds and increasing your dps from 2.5k to 3.2k. Equip shield and sword so you can reach 10k armor. They should only hit for 80 damage now and crit for 150.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiO6ny92-g#t=29m43s

Lord Orochimaru: "NO! I will not allow this to happen, I am the IMMORTAL OROCHIMARU, I am invincible.. I will not DIE HERE. This will not happen to ME, especially not HERE!
I, I am the one who will unlock the mysteries of nature, I am the one who will receive EVERYTHING!"
Last edited by shamwow on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 12 times in total.
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:09 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:Shamwow (nice name by the way!, but sounds like a shaman player name)
Are you aware of the differences of patches here on here vs other servers?
not everything is 1.12.1 Database.
Certain things like 8 debuff slots, and gear changes from different itemization makes things pretty difficult for Ret paladins as is. Reck is pretty stong on Nost I will agree, but I'm not sure your taking things into account for Nost, and perhaps just taking it into account for Vanilla, which isn't the whole case here.

I said this on another post, but pretty much the same thing. Ret is nice, but Normally i would never do Reck for PvE
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by shamwow » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:11 am

JCarrill0 wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:Shamwow (nice name by the way!, but sounds like a shaman player name)
Are you aware of the differences of patches here on here vs other servers?
not everything is 1.12.1 Database.
Certain things like 8 debuff slots, and gear changes from different itemization makes things pretty difficult for Ret paladins as is. Reck is pretty stong on Nost I will agree, but I'm not sure your taking things into account for Nost, and perhaps just taking it into account for Vanilla, which isn't the whole case here.

I said this on another post, but pretty much the same thing. Ret is nice, but Normally i would never do Reck for PvE

Then you are as foolish as the rest of them.

In pve Reckoning is 4-5 times more powerful then Ret. Thanks to the
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=14025 you can now reach levels beyond imaginable. Doing the dps of a level 80 is possible now.
Anyway thanks for saying my name is cool but that wont distract me from the fact that I want to help you realize this is far more powerful. A 700 dps paladin vs a 3k dps paladin (not using consecration). The numbers are right there infront of you. I spent years experimenting just like Lord Orochimaru and this should technically work. True you would never use reck for pve if you didn't do my strategy. But then the question is, why don't you? Its actually more fun then ever. Try doing blackrock spire and aggroing the side mobs to scare your friends on the dps chart and also make that mobs health take so much damage. Its fun 1 shotting them with reck by sitting in blackrock spire. Now you can do the same thing in raids. That npc hitting you CANT be killed by the hostile mobs. They are the same faction. The only way it can die is if you foolishly get near a warrior so he can aggro it though if you have RF on. Or you let them use cleave on it. The npcs in those dungeons are big. You can easily stay back from them or just tell them to not stand near you when they are aggroing, and tell everyone not to attack your whelp, even if its aggroed you can easily agro it with high agro spells that wont kill it. There are also 20 to 100 of them.

The question no longer remains that ret is the only way to dps and its weak.

The question is now, you have a 3k dps raid spec infront of you but you don't want to do it. Even if Blizzard gave it to you or made it possible, you don't want to use it. That's your choice.

As for me, I would search the globe for this and let nothing stop me from learning how to do it.

Lord Orochimaru: "NO! I will not allow this to happen, I am the IMMORTAL OROCHIMARU, I am invincible.. I will not DIE HERE. This will not happen to ME, especially not HERE!
I, I am the one who will unlock the mysteries of nature, I am the one who will receive EVERYTHING!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtcZAKcIloM#t=23m19s
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:10 pm

Can you show me how powerful it is on a raidstats from Nostalrius?
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by shamwow » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:12 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:Can you show me how powerful it is on a raidstats from Nostalrius?

I don't have a level 60 on nostalrius. Though I will have one soon. Why don't you try it with yours?

There is absolutely no reason it shouldn't work and since everyone has poor gear. It would do probably 2k dps with this current patch in maximum crit gear in comparison to their 500dps. The reason I would be doing less is because I need enormous spell damage for the spell damage scaling items and that's something this patch doesn't have. And if they have bis gear and they do double while I have bis 1.12 gear, I would easily reach over 3k-3.2k + 200dps from consecration assuming it scaled high. Consecration requires the 25 intellect buff, 2000 mana flask, mages intellect buff etc, mana potion, rune. Youll need enormous amounts of mana to maintain it for just 5 minutes and its worth increasing your dps by 200.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:27 pm

shamwow wrote:I don't have a level 60 on nostalrius. Though I will have one soon. Why don't you try it with yours?

Why should I try it? I never expressed that I was interested, I just think things are easier "Said" then "Done".

If you think it can be done, more power to ya, even Duki has expressed that Ret Paladins in Classic can be TOP DPS.

I like being holy, I like to utilize my full potential. I love to tank as a paladin too, but I only do that for Dungeons. When it comes to PvP, I rather be Ret, but I enjoy the challenge of PvP healing.

My point is, I love being a paladin period, I support breaking out of the Healadin only role, but you gotta stick by it and prove it can be done. Duki liked showing off is abilities as RET & Prot on "other" servers, he plans to do the same here on Nost.

Many other have done this. This is a newer server, the same challenge is applied, so stick to it, and prove it, don't ask someone else to do it, you loose your integrity :P
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin