Is AoE leveling really that great?

Re: Is AoE leveling really that great?

by Viorus » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:45 pm

It is OP but you need to have the right talents (blizzard / frost tree)
Viorin, 60 Night Elf Druid (USA), Knight-Champion

"Strive for greatness."
Viorus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by flowison » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:24 pm

at which level can i start to aoe leveling efficiently?
should i gear int>spi >sta or should i max int?
Last edited by flowison on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by flowison » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:06 pm

idoril wrote:Does anybody know the scaling of Blizzard that comes off + Frostdmg spellpower?
I have a level 23 mage with roughly +20 Spelldmg and it doesnt seem to improve the Blizzard dmg which does 25 damage per tick.
I am thinking of just stacking int and stamina...

yeah, blizzard scales very badly with +spelldmg.
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lowtwo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:50 pm

Im 56 now and farming DM-E. Cant find dusty tome in the drop down area. Does it have a differend spawn then ED fe?
Lowtwo
Grunt
Grunt

by kekiot » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Lowtwo wrote:Im 56 now and farming DM-E. Cant find dusty tome in the drop down area. Does it have a differend spawn then ED fe?

What's the xp like when farming the lashers in DM east?
kekiot
Private
Private

by varth » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:26 pm

The exp is insane, at lvl 59 I'm getting ~15% for a full 5 clear with no rested exp (5 packs, that 6th pack still eludes me) which takes me 30minutes. I'm going to hit lvl 60 tonight and take an SS of my /played at level 59, the only rested exp I'll have for the entire level 59 is from midnight last night to ~4:30pm today. Seriously do yourself a favor and level in dm e. The money and exp are fantastic, and the only place you can be ganked has NO corpse run, you just wait 30seconds and you can spawn.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dreez » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 pm

Lowtwo wrote:Im 56 now and farming DM-E. Cant find dusty tome in the drop down area. Does it have a differend spawn then ED fe?

dusty tome spawns next to the 3 death lashers on the east wall below the left root, however not sure if you can get it, death lashers are quite strong
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Glynja » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Have been trying aoe leveling on my 26 mage but my problem is that I run out of mana very quickly
Glynja
Tester

by InevitableHawk » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:50 pm

I use to REALLY enjoy it and it was also fast (esp if you weren't a God at knowing perfect quest routes etc [which I didn't have Brian Kopp/Joana/Vanilla Guide back then])

Here's a video tutorial I made a long time ago on how to do it. I also have a video for GoShek farm (area before murloc isle)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjALnCJf02U

I think I enjoyed it a lot because so many people were bad at it...and I was good. I'd watch people countless times die or go oom before they finished them off and if you don't do it correctly you die almost guaranteed...wasting a lot of time.
InevitableHawk
Tester

by varth » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:42 pm

You can get the 3 big plant book either by A. Being a female ud (smallest agro box by far) or B. kiting the mobs very far away, then popping gnomish cloaking device + a speed boost and beating them back to the book.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Mage