Mage Impact Stun?

Mage Impact Stun?

by Krinkov » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:08 pm

is it bugged? I never have it proc..its supposed to be 10% after 5 points but im just not getting any procs
Krinkov
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Mage Impact Stun?

by thugnif » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:22 pm

iv had it proc but i think it might be bugged.... its more like a 2% chance
thugnif
Sergeant
Sergeant

by skyracer500 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:43 pm

o.O You're getting very bad luck. Every mage with it gets me with it at least once and I'll even have fire resistance aura on. Honestly, I've even seen it proc off cone of cold.
skyracer500
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Aunstic » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Do a trial on it. I know 3/5 Impact in PvP was pretty insane. Every 6th player got the stun. The usefulness, however, isn't that much since it's worth putting the points in somewhere else.
Aunstic
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by pootpoot » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:34 am

Its useful when you're vsing a mage, when you're waiting for the other guy to silence you, just spam scorch on him, let him innitiate, and if you get a lucky stun, go and and do all your instants. If you're a frost fire mage, you'd dont want the other mage to take out ur arcane/frost talent.. :p
pootpoot
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Momoh » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:38 am

just tried it the other day when nuxxy was elemental with 5/5 impact and from 70 fireballs not a single proc.

will produce a bugtracker report so it catches some attention. Elemental is already weak enough in the current patch and without impact its so very dead.
Melodyx
Momoh
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by gotmilk0112 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:53 pm

RNG is RNG, sadly.

Had the same thing happen on my Shadow priest, even with 5/5 Blackout (10% chance), I went like 8 or 9 mobs without getting a single proc.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by genovahero » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:28 am

Okay guys, i leveled up since lvl1 with elemental dpecc which included impact and untill now im still elemental so let me post my experience, i feel that impact is actually working fibe in PVE!! When it come to stunning otherd players in pvp i feel like it has a 0.0001%chance to procc, i habe almost 70days /played and im really familiar with mage mechanics (10years wow, only mage played), so impact is not working right in my oppinion but i could be wrong aswell, so i just removed the 5 taklenpoints and use them for other talents untill i feel like it got fixed/ will try to post it in bugtracjer soon.
genovahero
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dreez » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:45 pm

have to agree, feels broken at least when tested in pvp, couldn't test it yet though
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Cadaver » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:16 am

I just specced into it tested it in a duel on a 60 rogue.

For 60 scorches, I got exactly 6 stuns and 5 "Resists".

I have to try it in other pvp contexts but it looks fine to me.

EDIT: Failed to mention I tested with Rank 1 scorch, Rank 7 doesn't seem to proc stun.
EDIT#2: So I just tried on a shadow priest with all ranks, none of them proc and It showed no "Resists". I don't get it.
Cadaver
Private
Private

Next

Return to Mage