Hunter/Lock pets seem to resist Frost Nova too much

Hunter/Lock pets seem to resist Frost Nova too much

by toeshred » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:23 am

Seems like in pvp, a Hunter or Lock pet will resist my Frost Nova almost 80% or more. I know they have talents to resist aoe or snares and such, but why does it seem so high still? And even on players that are 5 or so lvl's below me, their pet still resists my Nova almost always.
toeshred
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Hunter/Lock pets seem to resist Frost Nova too much

by anrey » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:25 am

Hunter pets have talents for frost resist, warlok also have talents for felhunter spell resist.
anrey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by toeshred » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:31 am

anrey wrote:Hunter pets have talents for frost resist, warlok also have talents for felhunter spell resist.

I understand they have these talents. But it still seems like they are resisting WAY more than they should be.
toeshred
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Guybrush » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:38 am

A felhunter with MD and T1 set bonus will have 280 resist, nearly resist capped
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by toeshred » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:05 am

Guybrush wrote:A felhunter with MD and T1 set bonus will have 280 resist, nearly resist capped

Haven't encountered any of these. I am lvl 38, and this happens on people my level who most likely do not have these talents, and definitely don't have T1. Even a lock 5 lvl's below me, their pet kept resisting in duels. Maybe it has something to do with the pet being considered a pve enemy, and their resist calculation is very wrong.
toeshred
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gazpy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:22 am

having 180 FR on pet why shouldn't he resist. and for the lower lvl 30, 60, 90, 120 resists each 15 lvls is way more then you think so 60 resists on your lvl 38 is quite a bit.
I come from the otherside and I say the resists on pet are not working properly on Dots and such as pet burns away from Shadow dmg whilst having 240 resists to shadow.
Oh my good dog!
Gazpy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Xaeminos » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:39 pm

well, if you see a lock, hunter, druid, or spriest ..... run ...
Xaeminos
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Stalk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:58 am

Gazpy wrote:I come from the otherside and I say the resists on pet are not working properly on Dots and such as pet burns away from Shadow dmg whilst having 240 resists to shadow.

DoT's do not have the capability of becoming partially resisted in PvP. They should be binary resistable at the time of application.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by pootpoot » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:50 am

Xaeminos wrote:well, if you see a lock, hunter, druid, or spriest ..... run ...

Really? I find hunters the easiet to beat, blink, nova, stay 4 yards from him, spam instants, done.
pootpoot
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gazpy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:31 pm

pootpoot wrote:
Xaeminos wrote:well, if you see a lock, hunter, druid, or spriest ..... run ...

Really? I find hunters the easiet to beat, blink, nova, stay 4 yards from him, spam instants, done.

Yes please stand 4y from me so I can spank you with my 2 handers, schooled many of these 'clever' mages. Some of them even can't say where you at and coldcone somewhere else, but that's story for another night.
Oh my good dog!
Gazpy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Mage