(pvp) why does no one ever take improved fireblast?

(pvp) why does no one ever take improved fireblast?

by yxy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:14 pm

Hello, everytime I see a fire pvp spec posted here, whether it is elemental or pom pyro, nobody ever takes improved fireblast. Why is that?
A fireblast every 6.5 seconds instead of 8 sounds better than improved scorch for instance, is it not?
yxy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: (pvp) why does no one ever take improved fireblast?

by Ana » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:24 pm

If you're pom/pyro, you won't be using fireblast twice. Either you burn the target down in the main huge burst, or you're in trouble.
If you're spamming scorch, fireblast doesn't increase the damage much (GCD is the same as scorch cast time, fireblast has a bit higher base damage but scales worse with gear) and you'd be sacrificing overall +15% fire damage debuff which is huge.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Eligius » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:16 pm

I'm wondering the same. When do you ever get the 5 stack scorch debuff up in pvp anyway?
Eligius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dreez » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:58 pm

the scorch debuff can as well be used to cover sheeps, just saying
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Eligius » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:39 pm

Unless in a bg pvp situation when I'm targeting a healed warrior, I dont see why the scorch debuff would be of any use
Eligius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ShaqPack » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:07 am

I'd just say take it and find out yourself if it fits your play style. Personally I think improved fireblast is great, I usually get at least 2 points in it. It does way more damage then scorch and since it lacks a cast time you can use it while moving and don't even have to worry about being uninterrupted. For an instant cast, the damage is more then respectable and if it crits the chances are you will win the fight.

If you're using improved scorch on a warrior that's getting healed, you're doing it wrong. That extra scorch damage is nice but really, the ability doesn't do much damage as it is and it's unlikely you will get a 5 stack in most fights.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Mage