World PvP Frost Spec.

World PvP Frost Spec.

by Kendrid » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:31 pm

I'm just about to hit 60 and I'm just curious as to what other mages who dabble in World PvP's specs look like.
Explain yourself or don't. I just want to see how I'm going about things verse my peers // foes!

Thanks you,
-Kendrid :geek:
Kendrid
Tester

Re: World PvP Frost Spec.

by deathjester696 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:59 am

Kendrid wrote:I'm just about to hit 60 and I'm just curious as to what other mages who dabble in World PvP's specs look like.
Explain yourself or don't. I just want to see how I'm going about things verse my peers // foes!

Thanks you,
-Kendrid :geek:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#obxVbobZZVVGGkbtho

This would be the cookie cutter. Reasons? Level 1 blizzard can kite and costs little mana and can remove rogues from stealth. Level 1 frostbolt is insanely good with permafrost. Arcane missiles will get you the kill on low health because it has no range once fired.

You lose to lock and beat everything else (unless undead). Rogue vs mage it depends who has cooldowns up. If mage has all his? He will usually win. If rogue has engineering and you don't. He can win.

Oh and shaman spamming purge and timing earthshock plus any competant dps = bad things. That is why mages are much more powerful on horde side. Shamans are a pain to fight. Locks are a pain to fight. No one rolls locks, spriests on alliance either due to WOTF. All the worst counters you have? Are horde heavy classes in PvP.

Undead mage really has no counter. A gnome rogue can be a pain but no one plays them. They care too much about duels and perception. or how their char looks. Warriors you counter so hard that gnome wouldn't help. Soon as they press it you just lvl 1 frostbolt them again and laugh. Most alliance are idiots. I say this as someone who rolled alliance here just cus I knew they would be outnumbered. I would not touch this faction in retail lol.

If you want to world pvp on a mage basically roll horde? On alliance? Make a rogue instead. Perception if you want to kill other rogues. Gnome is more fun in random pug BG's though. Perception would be better in ranked for capping flags though. Vanilla don't have ranked.
deathjester696
Grunt
Grunt

Re: World PvP Frost Spec.

by knotic » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:47 am

^ this 100%
knotic
Private
Private

Return to Mage