best gold farming

best gold farming

by kaboose » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:28 am

what is the best talent build, and best place to go grind for gold, having some issues and want to get epic mount soon
kaboose
Tester

Re: best gold farming

by Dreez » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:34 pm

dm east Whip Lasher farm is very effective and specc doesn't really matter

raid specc ( https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/mage? ... 3001300000 ) :
- 5 trash packs (6 when using engineering grenades) per run
kill the trash pack with:
- frost nova
- flame strike
- cone of cold
- arcane explosion

~40 gold / hour

any 2/2 arctic reach specc allows you to pull all 6 trash packs with blizzard

you can also farm the second field in western plague lands but it's usually overfarmed
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Yasko » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:27 am

Are there more ways to farm Gold? Especially for the new pve Server.
Yasko
Grunt
Grunt

by Dreez » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:53 am

Yasko wrote:Are there more ways to farm Gold? Especially for the new pve Server.

tyr's hand, deadwind pass (vultures),
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Father » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:37 am

The 6th pack with 2/2 Arctic Reach eludes me, I still can't seem to get it without agroing the big tree man.
Father
Tester

by Dreez » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:01 am

Father wrote:The 6th pack with 2/2 Arctic Reach eludes me, I still can't seem to get it without agroing the big tree man.

there's a line on the ground on the edge, do not pass that line but stand very close to it. Looks like a crack of the stone
then use a rank 1 blizzard slightly above the max range (it has a small tolerance)
depending on the current position of the closest NPC this will be enough

yes... very difficult
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by heradura » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:39 am

You can go just barely to the right of the crack if you're near the edge. Both feet and that's it, at least as a male troll. There's also another crack on the ledge next to the lashers which is your other guide. As said above, you can cast Blizzard a little farther than the reticle indicates, so put the crossed-out red O reticle completely on the other side of that crack. I also jump immediately once entering combat so nothing gets slowed/frozen, because then they can go on the wrong side of the pillar and piss off the tree.

If you have blue dudes in the front of that pack, then good, you're set. If they're all purple, they're harder to tag for some reason. You gotta get right up on the edge of everything to get them. Either their spawn/paths are slightly off from the blues, or their hit box is slightly smaller.
heradura
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ravnur » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Is it possible to AoE farm scarabs and/or hyenas in DM north for rugged leather and trash on this server?
Ravnur
Tester

by Dreez » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Ravnur wrote:Is it possible to AoE farm scarabs and/or hyenas in DM north for rugged leather and trash on this server?

yes, possible but not really worth it if you're asking me
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to Mage