Spell resists

Spell resists

by yekezei » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:46 am

Hi!

Leveling a mage for the first time, I noticed my spells get resisted quite often. Sometimes my spells get resisted 4 times a row when attacking an elite that is just one level higher than me.

I'm currently frost spec and I was wondering if its good practice to spec elemental precision in the frost tree. Will I see a big difference by putting 3 points there? Or is it not worth putting points there while leveling?

Thanks!
yekezei
Private
Private

Re: Spell resists

by Elementalist » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:21 pm

elemental precision is the first fucking thing you get because fuck vanilla

fuck
Elementalist
Private
Private

by Letokteren » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:44 pm

Some mobs require special strategy.

For example: the kobolds in Elvynn resists fire spells very often, and even if they hit, they don't do as much damage – or at least this is what I have experienced. But after realising this, I started to spam frost bolt, and the fights became much less shorter. Also: murlocks are the opposite: it seems they "like to be cooked" more than being freezed. Of course I'm talking about situations when the mob is at the same level as you.

You need to experience. It's not a coincidence that the 30+ frost mage vs. Ragnaros kill was so fast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBoUH8abKMo
Letokteren
Grunt
Grunt

by Feltrider » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:48 pm

yekezei wrote:I'm currently frost spec and I was wondering if its good practice to spec elemental precision in the frost tree. Will I see a big difference by putting 3 points there?

Yes you definetly need those 3 points. I had the same problem and saw a huge difference. Go for it ;)
Feltrider
Tester

by Choksondik » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:11 pm

After maxing frost bolt cast time talent this should be the next to max. On normal mobs your lvl you will see great improvement (almost no resists whatsoever) but i've noticed that mobs with high resists still resist a lot even tho i was few levels higher.
Choksondik
Tester

Return to Mage